Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,254
    Oh and just a reminder, you can get a Shiny raikou now from WiFi if you have diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold or soul silver.
    This will last until February 13th 2011 so get it while you can.

    edit:
    Also if one of these beasts (others will be available later) is traded to black or white,
    it will trigger an additional event to capture Zoroark, which is not otherwise obtainable.
    Last edited by Dewote; 2011-02-07 at 03:26 PM.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  2. #42
    I cant decide which one to get!. but im deff getting it. most pokemon ever released at once.... wouldnt miss it

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral Seregon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    1,247
    Personally getting Pokémon White. While I hardly play my DS anymore I still have a least one of the two main games released every generation along with the additional game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum). I need to keep my collection up to date!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh and just a reminder, you can get a Shiny raikou now from WiFi if you have diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold or soul silver.
    This will last until February 13th 2011 so get it while you can.
    Does this have any region restrictions? US only or otherwise?

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    Does this have any region restrictions? US only or otherwise?
    For what I know, it is for both EU and US, as Japan already had their event months ago.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  5. #45
    The Lightbringer Eightace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,727
    Pokemon stopped being good after the first movie. they began to add too many to kep track of.

  6. #46
    The Hedgehog Elementium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MA, USA.
    Posts
    12,765
    Gold was ok but even then some of the new pokemon didn't feel like "pokemon" from then on it just got worse and worse.

  7. #47
    I'm getting both... Roms and Emus ftw?

  8. #48
    Mechagnome Promethax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not where you are.
    Posts
    513
    Seeing how the Pokemon games have been on a steady decline since Gold/Silver, and seeing how awful Diamond/Pearl was, I predict that Black/White would be unimaginably horrendous and ghoulishly hellish.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

    "Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    2,865
    I'll be getting Black, because who doesn't like a giant pitch white flaming wolf, bird thing with a medieval torch for a tail?
    Also, I disagree with all these people QQing about how shit most of the pokemon are. Their running low on ideas for animals, so they have to start incorporating random stuff, such as icecream cones, snow flakes, floating coffins, heck in DPt they had a spark pokemon that could posess a lawn mower, fridge and a fan. Their even re-using animals and other things (Diglet and Dugtrio were moles, now in BW they have another 2 part evo line involving moles with giant metal claws and metal visors on their heads. Also Ekans>Arbok, now look at the grass starter for BW.).

    TBH though, RSE was my favourite series for the story, and the pokemon.

    Off topic: I remember reading about Ash's Safari Zone episode being canceled due to him having a shotgun held to his head. But all was fine and dandy when 4KIDS showed the episode early in the 1st series where they had crazy hotel tychoon using a tank to shoot missiles at a tentacruel, as if that isn't unnecessary violence >_>
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  10. #50
    I'm getting Pokemon Black. I asked some friends, and more people chose pokemon black than white. I always like it when they go catch all new 150 of em. The rest of them obtainable after getting the national dex. No more zubats all up in my caves!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    They need to remake the originals and do more work on the animations and graphics again. Make the pokemon battles actually 3d. I remember a pokemon game on the gamecube that was a lot of fun, but it didn't have any grass or anything, to get pokemon you pretty much steal them from other people. Its pretty dark for a pokemon game.
    pokemon Colosseum, and yes i have it.

    on topic: getting white zekrom's elem match up is rather nice.
    Last edited by maldias; 2011-02-08 at 04:11 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Its a very unoriginal pokemon. I'm really tied of these metal pokemon.. I still think the 3 birds, lugia, and ho-oh are the best legendaries for sure. That was 5 different legendaries in 1 region. As for pokemon in general, nothing competes with the originals.

    I will still get pokemon black/white though.
    Actually there was 9 lengendaries in that region. There was the 3 dogs and celebei.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Actually there was 9 lengendaries in that region. There was the 3 dogs and celebei.
    3 dogs were kinda a lame knockoff of the birds though. Entei was pretty cool though.

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Actually there was 9 lengendaries in that region. There was the 3 dogs and celebei.
    Im guessing we're talking about Johto and Kanto combined right? because theres 5 in kanto (Mew, Mewtwo, and 3 birds), and 6 in johto (Ho-oh, Lugia, 3 dogs, and celebi).

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 12:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    3 dogs were kinda a lame knockoff of the birds though. Entei was pretty cool though.
    the dogs may have just been a ripoff of the birds because of them being a trio, legendaries, and having 2/3 identical types, but in the anime, the dogs were left behind by Ho-oh to keep watch on humans, until the day that they were deemed righteous, and then Ho-oh would return, because the original Tin Tower burned down due to selfish humans trying to capture ho-oh for their own good.
    The birds on the other hand acted as, i have no idea. I think they just travelled the world doing crap all. except in the 2nd movie, where i think they were used to calm and free Lugia.
    bleh....
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh and just a reminder, you can get a Shiny raikou now from WiFi if you have diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold or soul silver.
    This will last until February 13th 2011 so get it while you can.

    edit:
    Also if one of these beasts (others will be available later) is traded to black or white,
    it will trigger an additional event to capture Zoroark, which is not otherwise obtainable.
    Is'nt the celebi dl from Gamestop when traded to black or white it gives you the opportunity to catch Zorua which evolves into Zoroark I assumed. So I would assume people would need to get the Celebi because it will give you both evolutions while a shiny legendary would only give Zoroark and collectors would be missing one. Also Toysrus has Ash's Pikachu as wifi give away till the 13th. What websites do you guys use for pokemon news? I only use pokebeach.com (no www in address btw). And its pretty good site Id recommend it.

  16. #56
    I think I'll skip it. I want to see a new Pokemon game utilizing the 3DS. THAT will be fun[ny], and more worth it. Black/White just seems unappealing and jokingly racist

  17. #57
    I am getting it. I cannot wait for the battles with other players on the internet.

  18. #58
    They need to up the variety on Fire types, holy crap. I'm not using that damn pig out of spite, so that leaves me with a damn Fire Ghost...sigh.

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    Is'nt the celebi dl from Gamestop when traded to black or white it gives you the opportunity to catch Zorua which evolves into Zoroark I assumed.
    Yup, exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    So I would assume people would need to get the Celebi because it will give you both evolutions while a shiny legendary would only give Zoroark and collectors would be missing one.
    You can always breed it with ditto or other pokemon from the same egg group (ground in this case), as the event Zoroark is female,
    to receive a egg which will hatch into Zorua.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    What websites do you guys use for pokemon news?
    http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,652
    Played White and beat the 3rd gym or so on the Japanese version. Don't expect too much, its a little better than Pearl, but not by much, explains why I quit it so fast. Also, You can only catch generation 5 Pokemon until you beat the league. I honestly think they lost it after Ruby, although it was a letdown too. The spin-offs (Mystery Dungeon etc) games have been somewhat suprisingly good compared to the main games in the past years.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2011-02-11 at 11:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •