Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrision View Post
    i quit wow 1 month ago due to game being so repetitive kill 10 enemies, kill big boss get item rince and repeat, get 85 do heroics which lose there awesome when they get nerfed to the ground because people think they are to hard.
    Who cares about 5 mans? Like, really... who cares? You use them to gear up the first few weeks and that's it.

Still though, since you claim the game is too easy, would you mind linking me your full hard mode achievements and Sinestra kill?

i quit a month ago why would of i done hard modes. when i found the game fucking boring and to easy why would have carried on kinda pointless

I care about 5man content, or small group content in any MMO I play. I prefer that format to raids.

i quit a month ago why would of i done hard modes. when i found the game fucking boring and to easy why would have carried on kinda pointless
    In that case, 12/12 normal mode raids will do. I'm sure you don't have that either. But hey, even though you weren't capable of doing these things, it still gives you the authority to say the game is too easy, right?

Because you just know.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    I care about 5man content, or small group content in any MMO I play. I prefer that format to raids.
    Mostly caring about 5 man content in an MMO is like caring only about the game's cooking system. It's not what the game is centered around.

i quit wow 1 month ago due to game being so repetitive kill 10 enemies, kill big boss get item rince and repeat, get 85 do heroics which lose there awesome when they get nerfed to the ground because people think they are to hard.
    Fyi, only quests I've seen in Rift have been "Kill X amount of enemies", "Gather X amount of junk", "Get from here to there". Might be only my lvl 1-28 experience.
    troll_head.jpg, you found WoW easy? :__D
    Hi

Deleted
    Kevin Beardslee (Left Blizzard in 2004)
    Senior Development Director
    As one of the premiere video game developers in the industry, Kevin Beardslee has over 15 years experience in game design, with over a decade spent crafting popular and innovative Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMO). Most notably, Kevin served as a key member of Blizzard Entertainment’s core development team for the internationally best-selling MMO World of Warcraft before later founding Carbine Studios, a division of NCsoft North America, where he created and oversaw the development of an unannounced MMO. Kevin now brings his creative vision and vast MMO development experience to Trion where he will act as the Senior Development Director for the co-developed SCI FI – Trion MMO video game.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    In that case, 12/12 normal mode raids will do. I'm sure you don't have that either. But hey, even though you weren't capable of doing these things, it still gives you the authority to say the game is too easy, right?
    I have done 12/12 normals, the heroics are the biggest clusterf*** of any content I have done in wow, I just don't enjoy them, not like the old Lady Vashj fight, or Illidan, Kaelthas, Twins.. Those were proper hard modes, no pussycat easy modes to build you up to it. Crikey how many nights did we wipe on Brutallus!

Anyway, I have died soooooo many times on Rift, more than I think I ever did on WoW vanilla, some of the pulls are proper hard, and you have to use many CD's and pots if you mess up, I really like this, maybe I am a bit psycho tho

I think wow lost some of it's fun when they started making heroic versions of boss'....aka let's do ICC and than come back and do the exact same instance but harder, zomg its so different..ha not. Being some of the few to kill Vashj, Kael, Illidan. (pre-nerf) was rewarding, just for the fact to get there. It's catering to much to the casuals its ruining it for other..sooo rift time till Socom 4 : )

Quote Originally Posted by Whispurr View Post
    I think wow lost some of it's fun when they started making heroic versions of boss'....aka let's do ICC and than come back and do the exact same instance but harder, zomg its so different..ha not. Being some of the few to kill Vashj, Kael, Illidan. (pre-nerf) was rewarding, just for the fact to get there. It's catering to much to the casuals its ruining it for other..sooo rift time till Socom 4 : )
    I would 100% agree with that, the binary hard modes were a nail in teh wow raiding concept, then after that there was "make it stupid hard and then add a progressive nerf" and finally, do this instance 4 times a week.... ToC...argh....

I love how everyone instantly jumps on with:

"If Wow is easy where's you X boss kill?"

Sorry but if everything outside of X raid's bosses on a specific setting is the only bit of difficulty beyond the human interaction I don't believe there's any defence against the game being labeled easy.

In the end, WoW is old and Rift is new. People will gravitate to the new to check it out and people will adhere to the old and say the new is crap. Just sit back and grab a drink or snack and play the game you prefer instead of screaming about why your game of choice is clearly superior.

btw, Rift > WoW because they added the class style I've been wanting to play for the longest. The trap using Sabo's that can take their time setting up an area and rig it to blow sky high. Before engaging you just stack the deck by attaching a shit load of explosives to the targets, lay a trap and aggro everything to funnel down into a single point for the cou' de ' bomb. That, alone, nearly sold the game for me, forget the graphics or lore that everyone misses, I just wanted to blow shit up with dynamite.

10+ Year Old Account
    my eyes bleed at these mass rift vs wow posts -_- srsly could we just make like rule stop rift vs wow post or smth......
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I just wanted to blow shit up with dynamite.
    You sir, are a very scary man..

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmin View Post
    my eyes bleed at these mass rift vs wow posts -_- srsly could we just make like rule stop rift vs wow post or smth......
    Or a better rule, if you don't like em, don't read em and you won't have to post in em with your tears of pain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimegamax View Post
    I for one was in the Rift Beta for a week.. and I hated it. Sure at first, I thought it was kind of cool. But then I realised : Hey.. What did they bring to the table with this game? Heres what they added :

- Rifts
    - More Talent Trees and class possibilitys

I mean, Rift does not even have a specific lore.. Which sucks since I like story oriented games.

Now before you guys rage, I have not played WoW for 1 month.. So I am not a WoW Lover, im just pointing out my point of view.
    Obviously, reading is not your strong suite. Go to riftgame.com and read the lore stories they have there. You can also get the basic gist from talking to characters.

The basic idea of the story is revealed within the first 7 levels of game play. Even the intro video to the game gives you a good idea.

But you are right, there is no lore, its just kill this kill that and because you have not played wow in a month, you are an authority.

You also clearly failed to realize that there is more than 2 things that Rift did better than wow. You are a poor beta tester if that is all you took away from the week you spent in beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    You also clearly failed to realize that there is more than 2 things that Rift did better than wow.
    what else?

Ok, I've leveled a mage/lock type to lvl 12 and then stopped playing it. The thing is I could hardly see myself contributing as whenever a rift pops everybody zergs there and melee kill everything in a matter of several seconds while my fastest direct cast is like 2sec and I can hardly put any dots before the mobs are dead there. While many combos in talent trees look like a novelty, I have a feeling it's just fun experimenting as a lowbie and it would boil down to just several viable builds later on. You don't really need cc abilities at rifts as everybody just zergs and kills stuff, on the other hand when soloing my pet didn't hold aggro at all so getting constantly interrupted was annoying too. I don't know what kind of instances they have or how endgame looks like though and have not found anything on that. So I rerolled a melee rogue (feels just as a typical wow rogue) and rift events became more fun but again I'm not a big fan of just zerging from one place to another. UI is very well done and customizable having wow look and feel at the same time, quests are not so linear, think pre-cata wow. So a good thing is that you can switch from questing to rifts when bored and the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post
    So a good thing is that you can switch from questing to rifts when bored and the other way around.
    And that is the point really, it's about options

Quote Originally Posted by Rift-on-facebook
    On February 15th Trion will lift the veil on their upcoming MMORPG Rift™ with a six-day open beta event, giving all would-be Defiants and Guardians the opportunity to preview the epic world of Telara before the game launches worldwide on March 1st. Servers are scheduled to be open from 10 AM PST on Tuesday, February 15th to 10 AM PST on Monday, February 21st, giving users a taste of Telara, including two playable factions, the first 42 levels of play, three PvP warfronts, and several zones and dungeons to explore.

Sign up now at www.riftgame.com/betasignup for a guaranteed spot in the “Telara the Merciless” beta event, and secure your spot in the Rift head start period (February 24-March 1) by pre-ordering the game now at http://www.riftgame.com/preorder.

About Telara the Merciless

A tireless and unending horde, invaders from the planes continue their assault on Telara. The final (beta) battle is at hand and the fate of the planet depends on the courage and strength of Telara’s champions. Become one of the Ascended and fight for a world that’s on the brink of losing all hope.

Play to win! Defeat any dungeon boss and you could be eligible to win an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 video card! Terms and conditions apply, click here for details. And In-Game Prize Packs will be given away to ten (10) select players who complete the objective!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Look, people are going to support RIFT, and people are going to bash it. It's competition, plain and simple. If you like the game, great. If you don't like the game, that's fine.

I for one think RIFT is a fun game, and I'm looking forward to picking up my CE on the 1st. To be honest, I cancelled my WoW subscription (been playing since Jan 2005) a couple weeks ago BEFORE even looking at RIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Haters gonna hate.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Look, people are going to support RIFT, and people are going to bash it. It's competition, plain and simple. If you like the game, great. If you don't like the game, that's fine.

I for one think RIFT is a fun game, and I'm looking forward to picking up my CE on the 1st. To be honest, I cancelled my WoW subscription (been playing since Jan 2005) a couple weeks ago BEFORE even looking at RIFT.
    Amen... and same for me, I stopped my subscription just after I hit 85 (server first rogue on WoW progress but not ingame due to blizz's retarded rules).

same ive tried rift for two weeks now and its really cool i didnt even know about rift when i quit wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Just another AION to me, played like crazy in beta, bored like 1 month after live.

And yes ive played beta .. enough