Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    I do get slightly embaressed I was over mates flat and they had girls there and I hadnt seen for a few weeks.
    they was having a good laugh that I was a wow nerd. Dont get why ppl shun it so much.
    And like most ppl I try to avoid talking about wow xD . but if asked ofc I say i play it.
    If some1 laughed in my face because i told them i liked to play wow i will really phsically hurt them

no1 deserves to be laughed @ for a hobbie they love and it's really disrespectfull if some1 does that

people listen

don't be ashamed you play wow and if some1 ridicules you for doing so you have to stop it asap or they will keep doing it

it's like a dog repeatadly peeing in your house/flat you have to stop it or they will do it even more

i learnt this tactic when i was young a used to get bullied alot in high school i did not react because i knew if i did i would phsically hurt some1 and i didn't want to hurt or kill any1. But i had a conversation with a very close freind of mine and the end conclusion was i had to stop it or it would get worse. So next day i went to school and this kid started on me so i just unleashed on him with all the anger i had and broke his face and ribs i would not stop some1 had to pull me off him.

if its a woman all they need is a good hard slap across the face and that is sorted
    some men are like woman and you can sense this by the way they act they don't want to be hurt but are quick to fire insults @ ppl these guys only need a hard slap and thats sorted

Am i embarrased about playing wow? Hell no i love this game
    Am i embarrased about hurting ppl who make fun of me? no they deserve it

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing embarassing in wow. o_o Just a game among all others. Some people don't get games with monthly subs tho. But don't care

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not like I go up to peoples faces, yelling "I PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BITCH?!!". If the conversation goes that way, I wont be embarrassed to say I play WoW, and if they got a problem with that they're not worth my time.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik View Post
    Its not like I go up to peoples faces, yelling "I PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BITCH?!!". If the conversation goes that way, I wont be embarrassed to say I play WoW, and if they got a problem with that they're not worth my time.
    Not sure if you've been to the USA or not, but I wonder if the stigma is more or less in Europe than in the states?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone I know, also knows I play games, they know I raid, meet up with friends I met in game, but hey, the world is changing.

Why label me differently to someone who sits and plays COD on his XBox?

OT: Let's be honest though, I played it on a console the other day, and man do you get some bad players on there.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    eh. It turned out a lot of cool people at my high school play, but like me, they don't really make a conversation of it, or even mention it. Though, you can't blame me, when people here "World of Warcraft" they automatically assume I spend my weekend playing it, and that I would rather spend my time playing with big ass glasses or... i dunno w/e other gamer stereotype they put me in which I obviously don't fit in to.

There is just no point trying to convince teenagers otherwise, so why shame yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is my hobby. If you're ashamed of your hobby, then clearly you don't enjoy it. Thus, not making it your hobby, but an unhealthy addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less what some prejudiced, ignorant, simple-minded fool thinks of me for playing WoW. I have nothing but contempt and pity for someone who considers that information enough to form a remotely accurate judgement on a person.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    i love to tell people i play wow, i wear my wow shirts with pride, well not really there just another shirt but i love them just the same. ^^
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Deleted
    Not in the slightest. I read a lot of WoW stuff while at college (atm in the open access area, got loads of stuff open) and I even have a WoW t-shirt I wear in public every now and then. I just don't give a rats ass if people think if I'm a geek or not. It's funny how not a single person at my college has actually said "Hi, I play WoW~" to me. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, I must be scary.

Deleted
    I don't mind talking about playing video games...it's a totally valid form of entertainment - *somebody* has to be buying all those games and consoles etc. I don't see wow as anything other a video game...so, no - nothing to be embarrassed about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here.

It would really depend on the people you hang with. My circle of friends have successful careers
    and they see my interest in WoW as 'still playing games? you never change'

I wouldn't say i'm embarrassed about it, rather that i feel awkward because something new
    happens, changed or updated in WoW and i can't express it with them.

My advice would be to find balance and time manage.

Temüjin - Hassani - Galahâd - Windführer
    Retired raider of Crimson Blade - US Frostmourne.

ya i live in a farming community wow is top secret here

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    I don't tell anyone that I play WoW, but I live with 3 of my friends so they find out anyway... I don't tell any of my family and friends, I'm not embarrassed just people automatically jump to conclusions and abuse me lol, so best off not telling people

You can fight embarrassment by not being embarrassed at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    It is definitely not for the best to allow your job to know that you play. There's a stigma that surrounds it which says that you're either like-a-drug-addict, or, you're immature. WOW is very much NOT what you want your boss to be remembering if he's picking between you and someone else (who has not mentioned playing WOW) for a promotion. Or, if he's got to pick which one to lay off. Or if you want to take a couple vacation days. Or if you get a keyboard-related hand/arm injury, even if temporary and cureable.

It can also pay off not to tell your family, the same stigma may be there too, and who needs that crap.

Neither my clients nor my family know that I play =) . It's not a matter of embarrassment, it's a matter of, what's my business stays my business, and WOW is that.
    This doesn't really apply to me I don't think - I'm a developer so it's kinda expected that I'd be in to games and general techy things.

Deleted
    It depends on the company really, i don't technically play any more but it's a great conversation point if you have a feeling someone is a gamer, whether they love it or hate it.

I left high school just before it became huge, so I never had any issues there, but I wouldn't exactly use it as a chatup line, unless I happened to be chatting up someone at blizzcon.

I am embarrased that I play this game... yet, I know I shouldn't. I can't help it. I feel guilty for playing it and my wife used to make me feel dumb for playing it. Well, she would ask questions about it and then give me funny looks like it sounded ridiculous. Overtime... she got used to it and just accepts it as is. However, she doesn't understand what the game is or even attempts to understand.

Yup, none of my friends know I play, and I intend to keep it that way.