Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by erpine79 View Post
    Not gonna discuss about how much should be doing now, but just a note, if i recall correctly, DW indeed kept stacking, but not sum all it up. English its not my mother language and this is kind of complicated for me to explain, i will try.

1st tick...1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000
    2nd tick...(2sec later) 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000 , 1000, 1000
    3rd tick...(4 sec later) ..................1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000
    4th tick...(6sec later, when 1st DW should finish)1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000

The damage you do should be summing by columms. If I'm mistaken feel free to correct me.
    yes that is what I agree to, deep wounds STACK but only for the duration of the crit made initially, another word first crit made will expire 6 seconds from when i was first applied 2nd and 3rd and so on... not what the other dude said ( stacking infinitely )

so what we have here is max you'll see in above post is 3k tick from dw max but thats taking assumption that your individual deepwound tick even ticks that much ( 1k ) ( 1k x 6 = 6k being 48% of your weapon swing? that's like 12k range........ )

face it man, they nerf-ed deep wounds, the end.
    Last edited by SushiBarrel; 2011-02-07 at 07:53 PM.

They changed the way it works in 3.0.2, to the way it does now. It works the same way Ignite, Echo of Light and other similar effects work.

I'm still not positive you understand how it works, but others above you explained it correctly. In any case, the time for crying about it was years ago.

Edit: Reading your other posts its clear that you have no idea how Deep Wounds works.

Edit #2: I am referring to where you say things like: "what most likely happened was jst prior to my recklessness bam bam bam chain, an auto probably crit for 8 - 9k, and the deepwound for that auto hit was already running, so the 3 chain crit i followed up DURING the deepwound had no effect at all........."
    Last edited by Fwip; 2011-02-07 at 09:42 PM.

Sushi's explanation is completely accurat but misses one point. Everytime you crit while DW is present, you reset the timer to it's original length.
    This basically means if you crit often enough to never let DW tick even once the value of the ticks keeps piling up until you stop critting and the dot actually ticks. That's why there where 30k ticks at the end of wotlk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geschan View Post
    Sushi's explanation is completely accurat but misses one point. Everytime you crit while DW is present, you reset the timer to it's original length.
    This basically means if you crit often enough to never let DW tick even once the value of the ticks keeps piling up until you stop critting and the dot actually ticks. That's why there where 30k ticks at the end of wotlk.
    yeah 30k ticks, and then you woke up ^^. Well, i think it works as i said or maybe as the next post pointed out, whatever. I can see DW doing about 10-15% of our total damage after a couple tiers, which it is not bad. I, personally, prefer doing dps pushing buttons than having it all given by "passive" damage, when i was playing my rogue (in wotlk) i felt so little space for self improvement due to high passive damage in the overall, which, for me wasn't enjoyable.