Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Neltharia View Post
    The elemental event was terrible, though...

Boring and monotonous.
    Pretty much this. Huge disappointment.

Scourge Invasion was awesome. Alot of people tend to be bads though, so they can't handle like 2-3 days of mayhem without crying their eyes out. Deathwing may be evil, but he still shows a little love to the casuals
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neltharia View Post
    I meant the part where you turn into a scourge minion and can infect other players, make your own personal army, and wage war against the bankers in Undercity. I spent whole hours just laying waste to Undercity, not going raiding or doing arena. It was so much fun.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Plague_Zombie
    It was an awesome idea in concept and enjoyable most of the time. I mean being horde and getting to actually talk to alliance players was pretty funny.

The annoying part is pretty much what you referred to there. One person could end up making 5, 10, 20 zombies and nothing could be done. Trying to do a quest in Shat and get turned, trying to do ZA and get turned, so on and so on. /facepalm

It'd be cool if Blizz brought an event like that and not the elemental invasion back - but it would need some limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Fun for you. People who actually wanted to play the game were unable to.

Personally, I liked it the first couple of days before you -had- to be a zombie.
    you mean tehse people that stand in the middle of town and go AFK in the best tier? Was pretty fun to see them going down and rezzed as zombies. Ghouls were all the same, no distinction of epics. Really fun time.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Pretty much this. Huge disappointment.

Scourge Invasion was awesome. Alot of people tend to be bads though, so they can't handle like 2-3 days of mayhem without crying their eyes out. Deathwing may be evil, but he still shows a little love to the casuals
    They should have made him actually fly over SW and Org and burn the fuck out of everyone who wouldn't moved. That's how pissed of a dragon he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    you mean tehse people that stand in the middle of town and go AFK in the best tier? Was pretty fun to see them going down and rezzed as zombies. Ghouls were all the same, no distinction of epics. Really fun time.
    No, I mean the people trying to level characters. I mean the people trying to check their mail. People trying to do dailies, post auctions, do ANYTHING but be a zombie.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Zombie invasion was awesome. Wish they would do something similar again but I doubt it because of QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    Quit gettin' mad at video games.
    But my own faction PK me

am i forever alone

elemental invasion was more of a dumb hazard than scourge invasion, everytime my alts logged in they got 1 shot by some random elemental elite.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy View Post
    elemental invasion was more of a dumb hazard than scourge invasion, everytime my alts logged in they got 1 shot by some random elemental elite.
    Then maybe you shouldn't have logged out in Capital cities? Or remembered when they attacked?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    It was a great time in wow history dont think ive ever had that much fun in wow haha. you tried to hide in orgrimmar and people made raids to clear the undead out of the city. great times!

This basically sums up the zombie event haters, "UUUGHHHHH. I'M TRYING TO LEVEL AN ALT BUT THE LICH KING'S PLANS TO ZOMBIFY AZEROTH IS GETTING IN MY WAY! Why can't he just LEAVE ME ALONE!?"

The event was SUPPOSED TO change Azeroth and get in your way as much as possible. Plus the worst parts of it only went on for a couple days. Even then there were tons of Argent Healers...really people complain about WoW being boring and monotonous daily, but when some change gets thrown their way they whine.

You just can't please everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    Elemental Invasion = You kill elementals in your home city or random places on the map.
    Scourge Invasion = You killed Scourge in your home city or random places on the map.

The only difference was with the scourge invasion, there was much lowbie death. Whether watching lowbies die is "fun" or not is purely perspective.
    I didn't turn into an Elemental when it hit me... Did I miss something? They were COMPLETELY different...

Sadly it most likely wont happen again. To many people cried about it the whole time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    No, I mean the people trying to level characters. I mean the people trying to check their mail. People trying to do dailies, post auctions, do ANYTHING but be a zombie.
    Every (what was it?) 2 or 3 hours, elementals spawned for 30 minutes on end since nobody cared about it. Anybody trying to level, get their mail, or auction/bank wasn't able to because they all disappeared... With the scourge invasion, you could be a low level and still have fun. The people checking their mail could since the mailboxes didn't randomly disappear. Furthermore, if you got infected, you could still visit one of those Argent Dawn guys and get vaccinated.

Invasion was the perfect event for griefers... 'nuff said.