Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood Mages in next expansion?

Don't know about all the lore but I think it would be a cool addition and somehow re-implement Quel'thalas somehow, idk but it would be cool because I love the stories I have read about Kael'thas and blood mages would be quite epic I think, verdant spheres and being able to summon phoenixes? hell yeah..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow the WoW lore but isn't that the blood elves lol? And I doubt Blizz will make another Mage class.

1. Create a Blood Elf Mage
    2. ???
    3. Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeroxponds17 View Post
    Don't know about all the lore but I think it would be a cool addition and somehow re-implement Quel'thalas somehow, idk but it would be cool because I love the stories I have read about Kael'thas and blood mages would be quite epic I think, verdant spheres and being able to summon phoenixes? hell yeah..
    Hi, The Burning Crusade called and asked if you've played it lately.

Deleted
    If we were to have another class it most certainly will not be this nor do people want it to be. There are a hundred ideas out there that are a lot better than bloody blood mages.

It's too gory of an idea for a player class in WoW, unfortunately.... However, if you can get Blizzard to sneak this into Diablo 3, then I'm sure that would be awesome, lol

No way they're ever going to make a class called "blood mage" when they already have "mage". Too confusing. Archdruid might be pushing it and it would have to be just one word, but even that might be too similar to druids. They also don't want to make a class seem like the junior version or a lesser version by adding a new class that sounds better than the original. So, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    demon hunter /topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Pretty much this. Blood mage in definition are simply high elves addicted by blood. called BLOOD ELVES. That sounds familliar?

Deleted
    this expansion actually did put in quite a lot of bloodmage npc's - so I would not be to amazed if it actually became playable. However I would then rather see blizzard adding a 4thed talent spec to all classes, removing the pure dps class, and let mages spec bloodmage, which then becomes a healer class. (in order to put more healer/tank roles into the game, and adding for a more diverse game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, there is a quest in blasted lands where you help a blood mage
    blood mages are mages who do things with blood, they do not drink blood for energy, they practise with it

Quote Originally Posted by Suazo View Post
    I don't follow the WoW lore but isn't that the blood elves lol? And I doubt Blizz will make another Mage class.
    It would be cool to have gravity lapse and summoning phoenix you must say lol

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Played the last 2 months of it, I'm sorry...?

Deleted
    blood elves are not addicted to blood...

they're high elves that have been renamed to honour their fallen kin... learn your lore.

A blood mage is a magic user who uses the inherent magic of blood for spells, and since cata has been released, there are loads of them popping up all over the place (Deadmines, Blasted Lands), it's not to far fetched an idea for them to be a new class.

Cail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Pretty much this. Blood mage in definition are simply high elves addicted by blood. called BLOOD ELVES. That sounds familliar?
    auch loreraping going here. Blood elves are named blood elves in rememberer to the high elves which were slain by the scourge (see introduction video of bloodelf)

Bloodmages are mages who cast with blood, like the mages in Blastedlands (Demonhunter quest) and the mages in Deadmines

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 06:09 PM ----------

It would be cool to have gravity lapse and summoning phoenix you must say lol

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 12:06 PM ----------

Played the last 2 months of it, I'm sorry...?
    Bloodmages have nothing to do with summoning phoenixes :P

Hopefully Blizzard releases a new MMO soon (2 years?). Anything over level 85 seems like too much of a grind.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Not simply addicted to blood, their addicted to magic that people viewed as demonic magic and people got afraid and they were working for Illidan to have their powers sated and that's why they were kicked out of the alliance. Blood elves are the people Blood Mages are like kael'thas....gravity lapse, verdant spheres and the ability to summon phoenixes as well as the usual fire spec mage...maybe they could incorporate this into the fire tree so that way it wouldn't have to be a new class, that would be awesome imo.

Quel'thalas = Eversong Woods, Isle of Quel'danas and Ghostlands. So its already in game. And blood mages are basically blood elf mages, like blood elf pallies are a bit like the spellbreakers from W3(lore-wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Quel'thalas = Eversong Woods, Isle of Quel'danas and Ghostlands. So its already in game. And blood mages are basically blood elf mages, like blood elf pallies are a bit like the spellbreakers from W3(lore-wise)
    That's why I said re-implement it

....I know this is not likely to happen just something I conjured up in my mind lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Linaver View Post
    demon hunter /topic
    Why is that /topic?

What can a demon hunter possible bring to the table that is not already in the game?

any niche a demon hunter could possibly fill based on lore is already taken up by death knights, enhancement shaman and rogues.

As Previously Stated, Blood-Mages dont necessarally have Everything to do With BLood Elves, Kael'Thas, Phoenixes, Verdant spheres, Or even Bertie Bott's Every flavor beans (Not Certified on that last one)

Blood mages are Like warlocks and mages kind of, but They use... "Blood" To preform magic. and Different blood, from my understanding (Feel free to correct) Does different things. E.X. Quilboar blood would do something different than Worgen, ect.
    Hi.