Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Played both beta 5 and beta 6, doesn't really bring anything new to the genre. I'll wait and see whats the endgame like after the release.
    Except the whole notion that the world does evolve based on your actions. You don't save that village from attack? Well guess what... it's gone. At least that's what Trion says they're bringing to the genre. Is that not the case?

Been playing the latest beta, so far haven't seen anything new/different. The class system is a little interesting, but that's about it. And by a little interesting, I mean really it's almost the same as WoW talents in which you have a couple extra trees.

Don't think it will be enough.

I don't think I feel like playing an MMO other then WoW, as in when I quit playing WoW (again) I'll likely just not play an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course there'll be people who leave wow for rift but its doubtful that it'll be the "mass exodus" that many people are making seem like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob View Post
    Except the whole notion that the world does evolve based on your actions. You don't save that village from attack? Well guess what... it's gone. At least that's what Trion says they're bringing to the genre. Is that not the case?
    Yes the phasing in rift is crazy

I didn't find it fun that abyssal elite guys attacked the place where I had quest NPCs and there was like 2 guys trying to kill them, but the elites just 3 shotted everyone.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Bailine57 View Post
    of course there'll be people who leave wow for rift but its doubtful that it'll be the "mass exodus" that many people are making seem like
    I dont see anyone saying there will be a mass exodus I think the thread was just asking how many people will switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, probably not. WoW has been around for what, 7 years or so? There is no way a new MMO is gonna come out and even come close to competing with the 7 years of experience WoW has at end game. Sure, RIFT might be fun for awhile but once you cap your toon it's gonna suck just like any other MMO out there.

We all want a new MMO so bad that we get our hopes high for nothing, but lets face it, nothing will compete with WoW for a long long time. They don't have the money or the experience.

Not quite. Zones/parts of zones will be changing, and as rifts open attacks on villages will happen (ie one minute peaceful village, next minute being attacked by the undead), but they're not going to be actually destroying villages. If they did that, at some point laziness would lead to half the world being destroyed. Basically they're just making incredibly heavy use of phasing, based upon random events rather than quests.

Ignore false info on the game and haters/troll's opinions. Its pretty good. Its better than WoW is at the moment in my opinion, but SW: TOR will be the real "WoW killer" (I hate using that term) in my opinion.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    I dont see anyone saying there will be a mass exodus I think the thread was just asking how many people will switch.
    the rift fans like to think that it'll be a mass exodus because their game is apparently so much better
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Suazo View Post
    No, probably not. WoW has been around for what, 7 years or so? There is no way a new MMO is gonna come out and even come close to competing with the 7 years of experience WoW has at end game. Sure, RIFT might be fun for awhile but once you cap your toon it's gonna suck just like any other MMO out there.

We all want a new MMO so bad that we get our hopes high for nothing, but lets face it, nothing will compete with WoW for a long long time. They don't have the money or the experience.

Well Bioware backed by EA might have the money to do so, I am really hoping they do then ToR will be worth the wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'v played the beta, no thanks. Will keep playing wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played one of the betas, and I got bored with it fairly quickly. The classes are interesting, but in the end it's nothing terribly new. Granted it is beta, but I just don't seeing it being as big as some people are saying.
    ohaithar.

Mmm I'm not gonna shell out 50 dollars for this game. I mean it's great and all but it just feels very slow and dull. No, the next MMO I buy will be Star Wars: The Old Republic.

So far I am liking rift a lot, but it's not going to keep most people past the first month or two. The game, while having a lot of exciting features, just doesn't have enough power behind the name. It's too much of a niche. Hell 90% of the general chat is all WoW talk. It's people "bashing" on it, but it's just bandwagon "I am sooo cool to bash on WoW while playing another game" crap. While they might think they are cool smack talking WoW on another game, I think they are idiots for still keeping their accounts active and buying another expansion if they dislike the game so much. That's perfectly good beer money they are wasting there.

Quote Originally Posted by b`` View Post
    Your point is very true, however the older MMO players here will remember how awesome Ultima Online was. Then WoW came out. It will happen sooner or later, as it happens to all games. I doubt it will be rift though.
    Ultima Online didn't have 12million people or so playing it. WoW will be replaced someday but kinda curious about what will drive that many people away from something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on giving Rift a try.. its actually pushed me into buying a gaming PC cause my laptop will struggle running it.. and if I hate Rift then I guess I have something nicer to play WoW on...

Its funny how people don't want to play Rift bc they want new, and then think that Starwars is so new lol. Come to reality SW is the same as any other Sci-Fi mmo "Galaxies" so stop the hate and try something new or stfu

Quote Originally Posted by AshestoAsh View Post
    I am not going to "switch" for Rift but I am definitely going to buy it and play it, due to only really playing wow on raid nights.
    This 100%

And for you "oh no, new mmo with no end game content fails hard"
    it has been reported of 2 raids, 10dungeons all with heroic modes for top level chars.