Page 1 of 2
LastLast

About Cata raids "sucking"

Heya. This is not a QQ post, but merely my opinion on raiding in a casual-hardcore perspective.

First of all, I'm currently the guild master of a casual/hardcore guild with 10 bosses down. We're a big fat family and the community and atmosphere rocks, and we raid 3 days a week. I'm rolling a feral druid tank.

I've seen so many threads about how much raiding sucks in this expansion, I must from my perspective dissagree. Never before have I had as much fun raiding as I'm having while raiding.
    One thing I really like is how we get to use all our spells in raids at the moment. Healers need to use all their healing spells, tanks really need to help out on stuff and DPSes must both kite, interupt and grant mobility for the raid.
    You actually need to consider replacing certain people due to a certain class being better for respective encounter. Chimaeron once introduced us to healing focused encounters, and lots of bosses in there learn players who've recently began with WoW what stand in the fire is and stuff like that. If you are an experienced raider, you have to see through the easy encounters and realise that this tier is alot about learning for new players.

As a tank, no longer do we need to stand at one spot, taunt the boss back and forth and go AFK for a while because you know that noone overaggroes you. We have to move the boss properly, in many cases positioning is vital, and we can't always rely on our DPSers to do all the interupts.
    As a healer, as mentioned before we get to use our whole spellbook to keep everyone up, and dispelling has been taken to a new level in offense to the "dispell dat curse" ideology.
    As a DPS, kiting has become vital on most encounters. You often have to help out on healing in some way, and lots of stuff like that.

Second to that, I think the lore rocks, boss encounters are well designed and in general I love how Cata is being played.

This is the first tier of raiding but we've got so much potential comming in this expansion. Mysteries to solve and bosses to kill.

I personally love Cataclysm so far, and I hope you guys have the patience to let Cataclysm grow and become the best expansion so far.

Peace out.

10+ Year Old Account
    i 100% agree, I'm loving the raid content, I've never had so much fun raiding.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Most of the people agree with you, the QQ seems to be more about heroics not raids.

Completely agree with this^^ Really enjoyable experience this content:> happpy to see there aren't only haters out there:P

Deleted
    You're not a casual.
    One can't commit to anything,he can't log on 3 days a week on the same time to raid,you might not play that much but you're no casual.
    Casuals don't actually raid,they run heroics when they have the time to log,or level their alts.Or PvP.But no raids.

Disagree. When BC and WotLK came out, I loved playing it because it had an "epic" feel knowing that I'm going to another continent to level and progress my character through the story. This expansion seems like they just recycled the old world and polished it up with features unique to every zone. While different, doesn't attract my attention enough to play the game.

As far as raiding goes, I can honestly say I didn't do many bosses, but from the ones I've done, they are mediocre. The real challenge in this game is trying to relearn your class because of the drastic changes they've made to talent trees. Once people find the proper rotations and spells to use, content will be easy, boring, and farmable. Not to mention, Blizzard's constant changes to classes, whether positive or negative also affects game play and requires constant and possible attention to any change in someone's healing, tanking, or dps rotation.

This repetitive cycle gets aggravating, annoying, and hard to enjoy. The first tier of BC raiding (Kara, Gruul, and Magtheridon) were all fun and had that "epic" feeling involved. But that's just me.
    This is for you, the beta-less: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDDma9KvAA

10+ Year Old Account
    /cry
    I wish I could raid. (I can't commit to it, two weeks in a guild and I've gone from "Ooh raiding time!" to "Ugh, they need a healer. Guess I'll go.")
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

It's good to see an actual positive post. I'm impressed. Good job OP.

I'm with you, I'm having a lot of fun raiding. My guild is 11/12 at the moment, should (hopefully) be 12/12 before reset (yeah, I know, we're slow). I'm enjoying all of the new content.
    Last edited by Mordigrim; 2011-02-06 at 10:26 PM.

Personally I love how much I'm running around and how many things I'm killing in each boss fight. Having to keep track of so many different things are once again is really revitalizing.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by goozen View Post
    Most of the people agree with you, the QQ seems to be more about heroics not raids.
    It's because the QQers can't even get past heroics to get the gear for raids. They're scared that raids are going to be so much harder.

I dont think there is anything wrong with Cata, it has a lot of great aspects.

BUT a good amount of us have been playing the same game for 6 years now. It's only natural that people are bashing Cata now, but in reality it's not Cata that's bad - it's just been so long that we have played WoW.

the raids in cata > raids in wotlk

its just that the whiners and QQers are always more vocal than the masses who actually like the raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    3/12 Heroic and this is my favorite tier ever.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand why people think shit is rehashed. Nef? Ony? Really?

It is fun, just wouldn't mind something new. Flame away fanboys.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Just wanted to /sign this. I have really been enjoying the raid content, and overall I'm very happy with the expansion as a whole.

Al'akir was beyond disappointing. It's really the worst raid fight in this tier hands down. I thought Maloriak and Conclave were pretty creative though, and Cho'gall heroic looks very satisfying.

I enjoy the content, but I just feel it's lacking. When our guild finally got to the frozen throne and was staring the Lich King right in the face, that just had an epic feel to it. After we started pulls and were getting our asses handed to us, we loved it just because of how it felt. I feel that this is what the current tier of raiding is missing, just that epic feel that makes you want to keep going back over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    I can understand why people think shit is rehashed. Nef? Ony? Really?

It is fun, just wouldn't mind something new. Flame away fanboys.
    1 encounter with 2 bosses we've seen before is not rehashing. The encounters are totally different. If you named both of those dragon's something other than Nefarion or Onyxia, it would bring nothing to mind of either of their original encounters. Onyxia at 80 was rehashing. Naxx was rehashing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    I enjoy the content, but I just feel it's lacking. When our guild finally got to the frozen throne and was staring the Lich King right in the face, that just had an epic feel to it. After we started pulls and were getting our asses handed to us, we loved it just because of how it felt. I feel that this is what the current tier of raiding is missing, just that epic feel that makes you want to keep going back over and over.
    Comparing first tier to the final tier of an expansion = fail.

This has been the best entry tier to WoW i have seen so far, and I have played since vanilla. The fights have good difficulty, they are not the same fight with different dispels, and they have some lore attached to them. Blizzard has made me happy with raiding so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

12/12 normal

0/12 heroic. getting smashed by heroic bosses and absolutely loving it!