Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In my opinion, the raiding content is the only thing that has been outstandingly exceptional about Cataclysm thus far. /sign.

Edit: 9/12 Normal (I've had to study for midterms)

I would have 100% agreed if I'd read this thread before we started work on Nefarian. Now I think the most likely outcome of 4.0 raiding is for our guild to break up at 11/12 as half the roster ragequit because they hate the fight so much and the other half ragequit because the first half can't jump onto a pillar whilst interrupting a blast nova.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes down to it, i think that the first tier of raiding content for this has lasted longer then almost any previous content. Sinestra was downed barely a week ago, and she was "available" as soon as Cho'gall was downed. H LK 25 was downed faster, due to the limited attempts system that was going on. Theres also the point that each raid has many fewer bosses until you hit the end boss. Al'Akir was the last end-raid boss downed on heroic. When you have multiple top end guilds competing for the same bosses, and being able to attempt them many times earlier then in LK, and the bosses lasting for close to a month, I can say blizz did a good job with the raiding, and I can look forward to later content.

In all honesty I haven't seen a single post saying that raids 'suck'.

Only threads I've seen close to it are by the most elite guilds stating that bugs and such should be a thing of the past 6 years into a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goozen View Post
    Most of the people agree with you, the QQ seems to be more about heroics not raids.
    yes... the people who QQ about heroics dont raid, cause most of them are bad players.
    i like the raids too, but right now i try to avoid raiding cause then i wont do anything else for a while.
    but i know every singel boss fight.

I just started my first forrays into Cata raiding these past two weeks, and I have to say I'm loving it. Theres a lot to do with every encounter, and all the new bosses are fairly creative in their design and encounter mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    you say the lore rocks? where exactly are we informed how or why Nef and Onyxia got Rezzed? have we heard anything about any of the other bosses prior to heading into these raids? Cho'gall yep we see him thrice in Highlands and that's it, we Hear about Al'akir and we hear about Nefarion and Deathwing, nope nobody else at all, if you believe that the Lore in cataclysm is good, you are seriously deluding yourself, you think there is good stuff left? what do we have left? Deathwing Sargeras and maybe Nozdormu? uh oh sounds like big raid bosses are running out quickly...i'm not trying to disagree with your stance on raids, yes they are awesome, the Lore in this expansion is pathetic though
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    you say the lore rocks? where exactly are we informed how or why Nef and Onyxia got Rezzed? have we heard anything about any of the other bosses prior to heading into these raids? Cho'gall yep we see him thrice in Highlands and that's it, we Hear about Al'akir and we hear about Nefarion and Deathwing, nope nobody else at all, if you believe that the Lore in cataclysm is good, you are seriously deluding yourself, you think there is good stuff left? what do we have left? Deathwing Sargeras and maybe Nozdormu? uh oh sounds like big raid bosses are running out quickly...i'm not trying to disagree with your stance on raids, yes they are awesome, the Lore in this expansion is pathetic though
    Well, to defend certain aspects, Cho'gall did have lore before Twilight Highlands, it's just that he was introduced as a boss we needed to personally kill in Cataclysm. Al'Akir also had a bit of lore before Cataclysm as well (http://www.wowwiki.com/Al'akir), so I think that also counts as knowing the lore to him as well, to an extent. I do agree, however, that the ressurections of both Onyxia and Neferian were... eh, that was just to have Deathwing's children back for another round. The lore behind Ragnaros, Deathwing, Sargeras, and Nozdormu (and not just lore, but speculation in Nozdormu's case as well) are also plentiful, as they have all had their fair share of events in which they were a major player in, and they all are bound to have some signature lorepiece in Cataclysm (not so sure about Nozdormu and Sargeras, but definitely Deathwing and Ragnaros).

OT: Yes, even though my guild and I are progressing through the raids like snails, we're having a blast every step of the way. I don't think we've gone a raid without making witty remarks and having fun (unlike Wrath, where it seemed the exact opposite. Wrath was dreadful. D. Blizzard did well for tanks, although I wish they didn't make ranged more favourable in a lot of the fights (from what I've seen, anyways).
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Deleted
    Imma tell ya a secret .. i wanted to make a thread of this but too many QQ will come of it
    the people who say cata is hard/boring cos they have to grind again ARENT RPG PLAYERS
    THIS IS WOW
    i shifted it so ppl will read lol but mkay
    wow is about : Getting the best gear when theirs new avaible
    isnt that the whole plot about RPGs ? getting better and better
    but ppl QQ cos their ( well earned ? XD ) t10 is rotting in their bank or sold for 100g... and then they find it rather hard to gear up decently before they do heroics...and then fail it ...cos

OT : I havent experienced much raiding yet this expension , but the raiding ive done was great ... and normally iam 100% pvp ... i just love it that it aint a afk fight...

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 08:36 AM ----------

not rlly happy to see this btw....tell me more about EVERY boss in naxx with lore please?
    tell me about lore from argent tournement BEFORE wotlk came out?
    mkay mkay?

10+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about having to grind in an MMO, which is a time sink. Go play Xbox.
    I personally love the raiding content, though I'm not a huge fan of where Spriests are at the moment, getting swapped out for classes with that unique snowflake ability can get tiresome.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    People complaining about having to grind in an MMO, which is a time sink. Go play Xbox.
    I personally love the raiding content, though I'm not a huge fan of where Spriests are at the moment, getting swapped out for classes with that unique snowflake ability can get tiresome.
    Even then, some people just play MMO's because they want to delve into something where it's not: "Go into an arena type mode and kill the other team or capture their flags" and that's it. Frankly, now would be the best time to join the MMO-community solely because of the fun raid content, and it's a shift away from the norm of Xbox/Wii/PS3 games (and yes, I know that all games are not like that. It was an example used purely for my point. ).

Oh, and I'm usually excited to see a Spriest. They've been doing well from what I've seen - I like 'em. Versatility on raid fights = good in my book.
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    1 encounter with 2 bosses we've seen before is not rehashing. The encounters are totally different. If you named both of those dragon's something other than Nefarion or Onyxia, it would bring nothing to mind of either of their original encounters. Onyxia at 80 was rehashing. Naxx was rehashing.
    ^This, anyone who says UNORIGINAL THEY'RE BRINGING BACK BOSSES is wrong, it's a completely new fight with completely new mechanics. I really don't want to see QQ about them bringing back Ragnaros when Firelands comes out.

What's left? Obviously you aren't a lore whore XD... Let's see, Xavius and Azshara, Ki'Jaeden, The Old God bag, The Twisting Nether, we haven't even seen the major Titans, and then there's the whole Emerald Dream. I think they're is definitely good stuff left.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    I can understand why people think shit is rehashed. Nef? Ony? Really?

It is fun, just wouldn't mind something new. Flame away fanboys.
    We can call Nef Dave and Ony Rose and we have two new bosses, its completely different fights.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by captainpuppy View Post
    What's left? Obviously you aren't a lore whore XD... Let's see, Xavius and Azshara, Ki'Jaeden, The Old God bag, The Twisting Nether, we haven't even seen the major Titans, and then there's the whole Emerald Dream. I think they're is definitely good stuff left.
    blizzard still has at minimum 2 more major content patches after 4.1 which includes most likely 1 more old god before this expansion is finished, yet they still plan on 2 more expansions afterwards, if you didn't read Stormrage or the Shattering you'd already Know Xavius is Dead/treeformed he ain't gonna be coming back at all. also in Stormrage Ysera Tyranda and Malfurion sealed the Rift of Aln so the Nightmare no longer spreads, therefore removing the Emerald dream from ever becoming an expansion, even if it did, it would be completely terrible, walking around Azeroth with a green fog around your screen all the time? there ain't enough Major lore bosses to last the rest of cata and 2 more expansions and as we all know, blizzard is fucking terrible at making new lore up, they just keep making setbacks and Rezzing dead characters....Kael'thas, Nef,Ony etc etc
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    You're not a casual.
    One can't commit to anything,he can't log on 3 days a week on the same time to raid,you might not play that much but you're no casual.
    Casuals don't actually raid,they run heroics when they have the time to log,or level their alts.Or PvP.But no raids.
    That´s not true at all.
    Being a casual means that you don´t adjust you life around wow, i.e choosing IRL party before raid.
    But that does not mean that you can´t raid.
    I´ll take myself as an example:
    I can´t raid some weeks because of real life activities, but i do when i can (in my guild (10man raid) we have about 15ish ppl who can raid).
    I have just been around for two raids and i´m on nef.

TL;DR casuals can raid.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say the new raids suck, that's a bit harsh. But they do lack a bit of imagination and flavor.

The main problem is that introduction of hardmodes ruined the raiding experience. That's why new content pales in comparison to everything in TBC.