i got hacked last night

i was in the middle of uploading one of my songs to youtube.. rap song and then out of no where downloader trogan poped up windows defender tried to remove it in the process of its removed windows crashed and it was stuck in a constant bluescreen driver not iqual or less i was so hot after it happen. because not even restoring back to before the attack happen worked safe mode no networking nothing still bluescreen what every that bug did you did it good.. o.0 im well protected now i think full avg 2011 malaware bytes and spyboy search and destroy i think my pc is still scared after that attack
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 "Get authenticator".

Other than that, that sucks mate =(
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have windows os(I do not know about the others)You can system restore to when you did not have it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Well he didn't say his wow acct got "hacked", just his computer. so "get authenticator" is pointless

That's what you get for listening to rap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok...I'm having a hard time reading what you are saying but there but there is a sticky on the computer forums about keyloggers. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rom-keyloggers . It might help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saviourself View Post
    You nailed it.

Just in case, you should change the passwords to some of your more important accounts, like WoW and your banking if you do that online. Never know what that hacker was looking at.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Hi there. Do you see the marks between the sentences in my post? They're called punctuation, and they help people know what the hell you're trying to say.

Moving on.

A "Trojan" virus is named that for a specific reason; It gets in, and waits around for a while before actually doing anything, much like the story of the Trojan Horse. You weren't "hacked", you were the victim of malicious software.

The "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" bluescreen is usually caused by memory corruption; This could be from a bad driver, a virus messing with system calls incorrectly, or even just overheated RAM or northbridge. Since you mentioned both AVG and Windows Defender in your post, and you said that Windows Defender popped up, I would check AVG and make sure it's actually working. Windows Defender sucks, and is (on average) a week behind AVG in detecting new virusses. You shouldn't be running 2 active scanners at the same time, it's possible that your bluescreen was caused by anti-virus competition for system resources.

Your best bet in this case is to reformat the entire hard drive and start from scratch. The virus could have hidden inside any EXE file and be laying dormant until you run that file.

Also, as mentioned before, learn to type.

Something similar happened to my computer recently. Same bluescreen message and everything. Except now my computer won't even turn on. Lucky you.

The good news is, they responded to the people that for 5 years were saying "staff up" and got enough staff to handle these problems in a day or two, rather than the up to 3 weeks it used to take.

Also, while subscriptions appear to be holding or only slightly dropping (the people quitting are being replaced by new people that never played) the people actually playing the game and going to websites about the game is dropping dramatically in most cases. That means fewer people are getting hacked, meaning they can get your loot back quicker.

lol thats to funny

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dstruct2k View Post
    Hi there. Do you see the marks between the sentences in my post? They're called punctuation, and they help people know what the hell you're trying to say.

Moving on.

A "Trojan" virus is named that for a specific reason; It gets in, and waits around for a while before actually doing anything, much like the story of the Trojan Horse. You weren't "hacked", you were the victim of malicious software.

The "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" bluescreen is usually caused by memory corruption; This could be from a bad driver, a virus messing with system calls incorrectly, or even just overheated RAM or northbridge. Since you mentioned both AVG and Windows Defender in your post, and you said that Windows Defender popped up, I would check AVG and make sure it's actually working. Windows Defender sucks, and is (on average) a week behind AVG in detecting new virusses. You shouldn't be running 2 active scanners at the same time, it's possible that your bluescreen was caused by anti-virus competition for system resources.

Your best bet in this case is to reformat the entire hard drive and start from scratch. The virus could have hidden inside any EXE file and be laying dormant until you run that file.

Also, as mentioned before, learn to type.
    thats a scary thought .. i cant afford another pc just becuase of some virus but now after a reformate its running kinda sluggish what should i do?
    i have 8gb 1600 amd phenom x6 1055t and galaxy gtx 460 1gb
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

Not even that. He MAKES rap music, that's even worse. Fairly sure you can go to hell for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If you have windows os(I do not know about the others)You can system restore to when you did not have it.
    Not necessarily, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem View Post
    Not even that. He MAKES rap music, that's even worse. Fairly sure you can go to hell for that sort of thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_yg2-7X9HE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing Aspect Of Death View Post
    This explains the lack of grammar.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That and you should possibly get something besides Windows Defender like Norton or Kaspersky and maybe an authenticator. Nothing I can do besides give you advice and send condolences, though, I just agreed with someone for fun I am regretfully sorry for this accident and hope you account is recovered Soon™

Regards
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)