10+ Year Old Account

i guess 4.0.6 going live tuesday isnt as much of common knowledge as i thought...

i was chating with a GM about the Cairne Bloodhoof bug for turning in the Gift for the high cheiftan quest. they asked me if i had anything else i had problems with. the rest is in the screenshot. i lol'd in real life.

i guess patchday always means working overtime for the gms, so it should be quite important for them to know beforehand :B

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why it comes as a surprise that a Blizzard employee isn't admitting to having knowledge of a patch release date when Blizzard's policy is typically not announcing or giving release dates for patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not so much a surprise as it is confusing. you would think there would be a memo or something go out like a week before to notify everyone that the next tuesday is gonna suck. lol

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    its not so much a surprise as it is confusing. you would think there would be a memo or something go out like a week before to notify everyone that the next tuesday is gonna suck. lol
    I'm sure there is. It's not like a Blizzard employee would have the authority to tell players that, yes, the patch is this week when it isn't officially announced yet. That could bring some trouble on him I'd imagine.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Why it doesn't much matter to gm's who are basically just in game customer service, giving them more info is just asking for more leaks, same thing as janitors at fortune 500 companies not being privvy to stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I'm sure there is. It's not like a Blizzard employee would have the authority to tell players that, yes, the patch is this week when it isn't officially announced yet. That could bring some trouble on him I'd imagine.
    Exactly, i am sure the GM you spoke to and every other GM is well aware of the patch being released on tuesday but since it hasnt been officially said then they can't say anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea most likely they have to play dumb. but u would think they would stop sites from saying its coming out on X-XX-XXX. i know BB has connections somewhere but still...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most GMs are just entry level customer service reps. They have little to no contact with anyone who actually knows what's going on...