Battleground Idea: Twilight Isle

An island just off the Twilight Highland's coast, it has become an ideal area to launch attacks upon the Twlight's Hammer. A constant battle between the Alliance and Horde is located here.

A 10 vs 10 capture-the-flag battleground with a twist. Instead of the the flag being located in the Alliance and Hordes' bases, the flag is located in the middle of the island. The island itself is just a long strip, with the bases opposite of each other. Capturing the flag itself takes 10 seconds, and dominance in the middle is needed to claim victory.

What are your thoughts on this?

I think we've seen what Blizz does with coastal islands. (IoC)

So a king of the hill game type mode?

It could be pretty cool, actually. I wouldn't make it as simplistic as yours and instead would make the objective rotate (and maybe make a different way of capping and holding other than having to sit and cap a flag) around certain spots on the map but it is a pretty simple game type that isn't represented and isn't retarded like SoTA or IoC.

It would be better if they add a team deathmatch map

All I want is a deathmatch bg. Horde have X respawns, alliance have X respawns. Kill all of the other team (continues after all respawns over but you dont respawn ofc until everything is dead).

Deathmatch will -never- work. They tried that with Gurubashi Catacombs, WoW is not an FPS.

So...Eye of the Storm minus the bases?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellion View Post
    So...Eye of the Storm minus the bases?
    It's a combination of that and Warsong Gulch. Three flag captures to win but the flag is situated in the middle like in Eye of the Storm. Simple but effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Of Blades View Post
    Capturing the flag itself takes 10 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Of Blades View Post
    Three flag captures to win
    So theoretically the game could be over in 30 seconds? Or do you mean eots style 10 seconds to pick up the flag?

10+ Year Old Account
    Says 'dominance in the middle is needed to claim victory.'

Does that mean you have to capture objectives around the island to get the flag to spawn, or have X number of objectives in order to capture the flag? Or does it just mean you have to have a lot of people guarding it to ensure you capture?

I think a game element where you need to hold a certain number of strategic points in order to score a 'goal' could be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good idea, but IMO we don't need more CTF battlegrounds. IMO blizzard should come up with a new sort of way to win.
    My name is Legion, for we are many

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I'm actually pretty tired of the whole Humans vs Orcs bgs, maybe another race conflict like Nelf vs Tauren.

Ot: I don't think blizz is keen on adding any new bgs anytime soon since the recent bgs they've added are just rip-offs of pre-existing bgs, and we all know how bad blizz is at creating their own battle matches. (EG. TB/SOTA/IOC)

OT of OT: I miss old AV.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-02-07 at 04:47 AM.