Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how do you make your gold?

i was just wondering how everyone has been making their gold since cata was released. i have both mining and herb so i farm deepholme in 3 circles (1 around the middle, 1 around the outside of the middle and 1 around the outer areas of the map.) it takes about 20-30mins each time im finished with flying through once (depends on if you slow down and try and find every last bit you can.) with this the out come is around i say 2k-3k an hour depending on how many others are flying around the same time as well.

i also found that delicate wings are a nice way to get some money (a stack goes for around 1k on my server last i checked.) i think i was able to get about 2 stacks in an hour or so but i was also stopping at points for a while.

Buy herbs, make cards, collect the mass profits.

I also make a lot of money leveling toons. Grab herbing on everybody, send the herbs to my inscriptionist, and make the most expensive glyphs for that type of ink. Good selling glyphs go for anywhere between 60-300g on my server. So if I derp around on an alt for a night, I make about 1k in glyphs just running around questing and do bg's and world pvp. Sure it's not a lot, but considering that I'm not farming in any sense, and I do a lot of derpin on alts, it adds up to a fair bit in a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soloing old content. It's not much income, but it pays for the bills. Barely.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Selling all of the Arch +12 things make me quite a bit of gold, Tol'Vir ones sell for 1-2k. And I've been selling all the maelstrom crystals I've gotten for upwards of 6k a pop.

I spend 15 minutes a day crafting and generally make around 5k a day from it.

Lately I'm branching out, I've got 2 lvl 80-ish alts with ~500ish in 3 crafting profs between them. But for the most part I've made my riches with the tradeskills of 1 character.
    Last edited by baelon; 2011-02-07 at 05:15 AM.

Doing my JC daily, buying & prospecting ore, keeping a couple of every cut I know on the AH has netted me 60,000 or so since Cata released, with minimal effort.

Mining. 23k this week alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Selling Valour Points Boots for 15k a week. Such is the life of the raider!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyuun View Post
    Selling Valour Points Boots for 15k a week. Such is the life of the raider!
    Untill your a druid forced to gear every spec, always missing out on buying those sorts of things like primordial saronites, crusader orbs etc...

Alchemy daily transmutes + Farming herbs for flasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using those treasure potions and selling the cloth, greens and volatiles I get.
    2-3K per potion.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Nyuun...VP cap is 1250 boots cost 1650...you don't sell them once a week :P

Im a herb/alchemist So the alchemy business is booming right now for me:P Flasks are going from 100-250 each. Elixir master so I'm selling those like mad. I never sell my herbs. I have really fun and noticeable alchemy ads in trade chat so people know me for my alchemy. I have many returning customers. For friends/returns they get 50g a flask. On the AH I usually charge a little more than mostXD Also selling my Truegold CD for 150-200 a day. Dailies and instancing are also good sources of gold:P Not to mention all the stacks of fangs/claws I've been vendoring from farming the Tol Barad fox pet...

Voltares go for a lot on my server. If they go for a lot, then I got good news for you.

Go to highlands and fish in the lava, and kill the water elementals to the west side of the map.

Other than that, go on your farm route/sell useful common items (emberfire cloth)
    Doing daily quests in Tol Barad and Highlands will get you like 150ish gold.

Normals and Heroics can get you about 180 if you do 2 heroics, and 1 normal.

The highest I've made in a day just by doing these things alone (besides the voltare)was about 2500 gold

im not trying to bash you, but your full of crap im sorry.

ive done what you mentioned in your post a few times, even at the release of cata when stuff was insanely priced. you dont gather nearly enough herbs / ore to net 2 - 3k unless your server economy is really out of whack.

i see these posts all the time, people inflate what they really make. if you do 1 loop around each circle, you might get 2 - 3 stacks of each if you are lucky. at most, thats 1k. and thats if your prices are fairly high.

on topic..
    i make 90% of my gold via enchanting. back in LK i would farm for mats and actively and try and make gold. but now i dont bother. im not rich by any means, only at about 50k give or take. but i have no use for loads of gold. all i do is use the mats i get from my daily heroics, or w/e greens i happen to get and sell a few enchants. i make about 800g - 1k a week if i actually run my dailies.

now im sure ill get flamed for this.. "you make 1k a week so u dont blv that someone makes that much in an hour" blah blah..
    no, im sure someone can make that much. its that the way the OP mentioned just doesnt add up, so i call shinanigans.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Noier View Post
    And I've been selling all the maelstrom crystals I've gotten for upwards of 6k a pop.
    this is a perfect example of bull. i have alts on multiple servers, and i check AH prices, and watch trade. even on a very badly progressed server, those do not sell for 6k. so again, either your server is insane, of your just inflating your profit to look cool. its lame...
    Last edited by Rekx; 2011-02-07 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    im not trying to bash you, but your full of crap im sorry.

ive done what you mentioned in your post a few times, even at the release of cata when stuff was insanely priced. you dont gather nearly enough herbs / ore to net 2 - 3k unless your server economy is really out of whack.

i see these posts all the time, people inflate what they really make. if you do 1 loop around each circle, you might get 2 - 3 stacks of each if you are lucky. at most, thats 1k. and thats if your prices are fairly high.

on topic..
    i make 90% of my gold via enchanting. back in LK i would farm for mats and actively and try and make gold. but now i dont bother. im not rich by any means, only at about 50k give or take. but i have no use for loads of gold. all i do is use the mats i get from my daily heroics, or w/e greens i happen to get and sell a few enchants. i make about 800g - 1k a week if i actually run my dailies.

now im sure ill get flamed for this.. "you make 1k a week so u dont blv that someone makes that much in an hour" blah blah..
    no, im sure someone can make that much. its that the way the OP mentioned just doesnt add up, so i call shinanigans.

edit:

this is a perfect example of bull. i have alts on multiple servers, and i check AH prices, and watch trade. even on a very badly progressed server, those do not sell for 6k. so again, either your server is insane, of your just inflating your profit to look cool. its lame...
    no he isn't. until last week on my server maelstroms were never below 5k on the AH, and that wasn't even that bad compared to some people, I would know, I was trying to buy them
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Deleted
    Well. Then consider your server lucky. These prices are INSANE for the crystals.

Selling flasks, Jewelcrafting. That's about it.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellga View Post
    Well. Then consider your server lucky. These prices are INSANE for the crystals.
    Indeed. I've sold a few crystals and never above 1300g each.

I do cooking/JC daily.
    Solo HC UP and shard all items I get from it
    Every 3 days I do AQ10 (AQ20 old days, they changed it to 10men)

Nothing more.
    And I raid 2 days in the week and my gold only grows. Not fast. But 120.000g is more then enough when you never buy a thing. (Except flasks and food buffs)