Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Buy a 3rd drive and RAID5.

I currently have a 4xSAS drive RAID (10k) setup in my Mac Pro and it's quite speedy :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Buy a 3rd drive and RAID5.

I currently have a 4xSAS drive RAID (10k) setup in my Mac Pro and it's quite speedy :-)
    If you do that, PLEASE check what the PCH controller performs in RAID 5 (as I mentioned before). Onboard controllers aren't really all that great with parity raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Will not work, Windows still does not load the extra drivers during installation from anywhere else than floppy drive.
    Uhh... I can install raid drivers from the motherboard CD for my MA770T, M4A89GTD, P5Q Pro, A8N-E, P7P55D-LE...

I haven't used a floppy drive since junior high school.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I haven't used a floppy drive since junior high school.
    Damn youngin's! Get off mah lawn! When I was in junior high, VHS was still the media of choice, floppy drives were standard, and DOOM was brand new (and awesome).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Damn youngin's! Get off mah lawn! When I was in junior high, VHS was still the media of choice, floppy drives were standard, and DOOM was brand new (and awesome).
    Doom was new? Get out of my lawn young'un!, when I was in school C64 was the latest high tech! :P

Deleted
    yes yes.. the old "... uphill... in the snow" stories..

I run dual 500 gigs for my raid 0 but, i have that also partitioned out to 200 / 50 / 750 (50 gigs is for my office work, which gets backed up every 6 hours)

the 750 is where i keep my wow / games and other stuff that would benefit from raid 0

its awesome at raid 0 moving gigs of files in seconds. so far the fastest i have transfered was about 200mb/s
    ghetto cancer

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Hahaha... floppies were still in widespread use when I stopped using them though. xD

Actually, I might be off, I think I stopped using them just at the beginning of high school... sooo... 2001.
    red panda red panda red panda!