Thread: Poor Ravage

15+ Year Old Account

Poor Ravage

last nite i checked the tooltip on my Ravage and i saw it says "you must be prowling".

there goes my idea of a shadowmeld -> ravage combo >.<

i think in the old days (BC) it would just require stealth and not specificly prowling..
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    last nite i checked the tooltip on my Ravage and i saw it says "you must be prowling".

there goes my idea of a shadowmeld -> ravage combo >.<

i think in the old days (BC) it would just require stealth and not specificly prowling..
    Nope. I played a cat in BC in raids, ravage was definately not a non-stealth ability (spammable)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    Nope. I played a cat in BC in raids, ravage was definately not a non-stealth ability (spammable)
    yes i meant it used to require "stealth" rather then "prowling" i think
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

In PvP you can still Shadowmeld>Prowl>Ravage though, as I do quite often for funnies.

Feral Charge > Pounce > Ravage! > Shadowmeld > prowl > Ravage - :3

Eeit: My bad, I've just woke up, don't shoot meh :<
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-02-07 at 08:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    so Pounce nolnoger breaks stealth ? i didnt know that. but i never pvp anyway
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Pounce does break stealth, i think you need to remove 1 ravage from that opener

he used feral charge first, which allows you to use ravage once while not stealthed..

Quote Originally Posted by Reech View Post
    he used feral charge first, which allows you to use ravage once while not stealthed..
    This ^

Feral charge doesn't break stealth. Because of Stampede you are able to use both openers.

15+ Year Old Account
    its not about how to use ravage, i know my class :P

i was just hoping to get extra ravage's becase we can shadowmeld in cat, but sadly ravage only works while prowled not while stealthed
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    its not about how to use ravage, i know my class :P

i was just hoping to get extra ravage's becase we can shadowmeld in cat, but sadly ravage only works while prowled not while stealthed
    You can also use Ravage after a Feral Charge if you spec for Stampede.

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    You can also use Ravage after a Feral Charge if you spec for Stampede.
    Am I the only one having problems with this? I made a macro to ravage out of prowl after a feral charge, but I noticed it never happened. I thought it was the macro and tried to the spell straight out of the spellbook and it still said "You must be prowling to use that." I ticketed a GM and they sent a response about other druids having this problem and it's not just me. I've looked and looked and haven't seen anyone else with the issue. I've actually had a guildie do it to me in duels, so I'm not sure what's up. Anyone know?

Yes, I do have Stampede buff when I'm trying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    Am I the only one having problems with this? I made a macro to ravage out of prowl after a feral charge, but I noticed it never happened. I thought it was the macro and tried to the spell straight out of the spellbook and it still said "You must be prowling to use that." I ticketed a GM and they sent a response about other druids having this problem and it's not just me. I've looked and looked and haven't seen anyone else with the issue. I've actually had a guildie do it to me in duels, so I'm not sure what's up. Anyone know?

Yes, I do have Stampede buff when I'm trying this.
    What macro are you using?

I use:

#showtooltip Feral Charge
    /cast Feral Charge(Bear Form)
    /cast Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    /cast Ravage
    Last edited by Supernex; 2011-02-07 at 05:11 PM.

I will burn your soul.

I do /castsequence reset=28,combat Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage instead of that. I don't want to Ravage immediately if I am prowling; why waste the opportunity to do both Pounce *and* Ravage to the same target since Stampede removes the the prowling requirement?
    Last edited by Palegod; 2011-02-07 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palegod View Post
    I do /castsequence reset=28,combat Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage instead of that. I don't want to Ravage immediately if I am prowling; why waste the opportunity to do both Pounce *and* Ravage to the same target since Stampede removes the the prowling requirement?
    You are mistaken, the above macro works similar to a /castsequence macro...try it, you'll see.

I will burn your soul.

Am I the only one having problems with this? I made a macro to ravage out of prowl after a feral charge, but I noticed it never happened.
    I ran into this. If you're using just /cast Ravage, it will work ok. But, when using /castsequence, you need to change it to Ravage! (notice the exclamation). If you feral charge and then hover over your Ravage icon, you'll notice the change. It will still go off if you leave out the !, but you won't be able to use your next attack, and will just keep getting a "you need to be in stealth for that" warning.

Yep, had a bad macro. And apparently you can't click directly out of the spellbook to test a spell that has a special modifier like Stampede. Fixed the macro, thanks everyone.