Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Am I Too Old for Gaming

I'm turning 23 in a few months and I think I had an epiphany.

I'm always bothered by trade chat and all the immature kids that seem to be playing video games, but I had a realization: video games are for kids.

When I was growing up playing games I was their age: 5 or 6 during snes, 10 or 12 during ocarina of time, and 16 during halo 2. I realized that these kids are now growing up with their set of games, which I suppose are your WoWs, Halos and things.

So, I guess the question is: should we adults leave video games to the kids who they're made for?

No your not to old.. your never to old - .-

Deleted
    No. Imo the gaming industry has evolved and it is no longer just for children.

Definitely not. If you enjoy playing games, play games. Age is just a number after all!

Lots of games have a recommended audience of teens and over. My old guild leader was in his 60s and he still loves the game.

Deleted
    Who's saying that gaming are for kids?

Have you looked at the prices of games? I mean wich 12-16 year old kid can actualy afford those games ?
    Gaming is for al ages.
    BTW how many games have +18 on them (or R-rating)??

Deleted
    Absolutely not!

You're never too old for having fun, and if someone thinks you're not fit to have fun with something you enjoy that's so harmless as gaming, then tell them to bugger off.

The average age on gamers is quite high, to my knowledge, but it all comes down to what types of games it's about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games aren't for kids. Games are for people who like games.

Also I bet a lot of the "kids" that bother you in the game are a lot older than you think they are.

I'm pretty sure a large part of the player base is actually ~30 year old men, so no.

Almost 40 myself, raised on video games since Atari 2600, there is no age limit for gaming. Heck, most of my friends in the game are 50+.

Deleted
    you're too old for games if you don't have fun anymore and you don't enjoy playing them.
    My father is turning 56 this year and he still plays his favourite PSX games a couple of times a month

You're never to old for a hobby that you enjoy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all a matter of opinion. Have you thought of maybe turning trade chat off? It really depends on this fact... do you enjoy playing the game for what it is- a game? I try to just not play with immature kids and just have fun with other like-minded adults who just want to play it for the fun it provides and raid together, thus why I'm in an 18+ guild.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    since when are video games only made for kids?! R18+ video games say hello! left 4 dead 2 was banned, then cencored in Austrlaia because we dont have an ADULT rating for vidoes games, i was pissed off massively but any ways... Your never to old as long as u dont spend your life on video games. Their just a form of entertainment.

Deleted
    Kidsgames are for kids. Games are for people that enjoy games, age has nothing to do with it.

You're never too old to play games, I'm never going to stop with them :3.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    23? your almost dead now. but really, no your not too old. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    to old for games? NEVER!my brothers older than you (wont say how much older) and even he plays games, heck, hes the reason i play wow!

Deleted
    The gaming industry has evolved in the last years m8. Atm i think that it's even on games directed to a younger crowd and games directed to grown ups, per example Dead Space 2 or the Mass Effect titles aren't exactly games for kids.

In the end it's all about you. If you have fun and enjoy playing video games why should you stop playing them?

Per example, i'm 27 years old and i don't plan stop playing just because of my age.

Why?

Because i have fun playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Variables View Post
    I'm always bothered by trade chat and all the immature kids that seem to be playing video games, but I had a realization: video games are for kids.
    You would be surprised if you knew how much of those immature kids on trade are actualy people older than you with the mind of a spoiled 10 year old.

Do as i do, laugh at them and carry on.
    Last edited by mmoc40ef98ccdf; 2011-02-07 at 11:13 AM.

I play computer games since I'm 14......
    I'm 44 atm ....we will never be old cause we make our mind smarter and faster, cause we play games....