Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    I don't really want a social game...

I want a good and "hard" game.

I don't want to play Facebook. If I wanted to play games with my friends, I'd get smashed and play Reach or even Brawl for some lulz.

This game isn't really fun unless you do well.
    You may want a hard game and you may not have many friends to play WoW with but you cannot dictate what's fun and what's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia View Post
    c) get ur ass up and help ur "friends" getting better and stop the from playing bad. And flame them a little bit what lazy asses they are being bad in a pc game for 12 years old. And what louzy friends they are for playing so bad and give a shit at the others.
    People like you make me despise the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    Unless that one lobster costs so much you'd rather have a kilo of shrimps for the same price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    I think he's trying to say that you can enjoy a sweet-ass lobster by yourself, or you can have some shitty shrimp with your friends.

I want that lobster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    I'd rather have the shrimp, if I was sharing it with my friends, 100 times out of 100.
    This scenario isn't one of Lobster vs. Shrimp.
    It's more like Lobster vs. Not Eating At All.
    There is no "gray area" where everyone is both having fun and failing to win at the game.

If it takes 10 people to get the lobster, and 5 of them fall off the boat because they don't know how/what they are doing, then NOBODY gets to eat that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzykizzy View Post
    funny how people literally say they dont want to be social in an mmo. i guess thats what they invented singleplayer games for.
    It's funny how people think they can play any multiplayer game however they want with little to no regard for the basic concepts of what this game is.
    Raiding, dungeons, and BGs require a minimum level of performance and throughput in order to beat any specific encounter.
    Sorry if your feelings get hurt because you can't grasp how to do things the right way.

If it's fun for you to play however you want regardless of the effect on the people you are playing with, THAT's when you need to take your ass over to a single player game...

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    It's a metaphor, or how you spell it. With it, I meant that some times people like to have more for a good price, even if the taste might not be the most awesome.
    Sort of, I'd rather choose a lot of something good then a little of something great.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 03:48 PM ----------

Well you could have a lot of shrimp for yourself too. Who said anything about sharing? The shrimp lasts you much longer then the lobster does. The lobster is an expenssive, short delicacy. While shrimp is just good, nothing amazing, just good and lasts you several meals.

I hope my metaphor comes across.
    Your metaphor sucks. There is only the lobster. There are no shrimp. Either everyone kills and eats the lobster or nobody does.
    I hope basic logic comes across.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    You may want a hard game and you may not have many friends to play WoW with but you cannot dictate what's fun and what's not for everyone.

People like you make me despise the game.
    You can't dictate what is or isn't fun. But we can and do agree on a general definition of the term. And in a game like WoW the fun is dependent on some level of progression.

The subjective part centers on exactly how much fail your group can tolerate. Some groups are cool with wiping for hours or days or weeks. But eventually, inevitably, no person playing this game will have fun if they remain stagnant.

Successful outcome is the primary goal of MOST games ever created, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    With all the controversy of the difficulty in cataclysm
    I stopped reading here. It's not controversy, it's the vocal minority. Just like in Wrath when everyone was complaining about it being too easy. This will occur every.single.expansion.

No point in writing a thesis about the social aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia View Post
    Just wrong sorry.
    If you would say that bout HM (especially 10 man) the yes ok.
    But NM Raids are not very hard, and all you need is normal heroics Gear (around 340-346 ilvl)
    No, Sir. It is you who are wrong. I like these people with elitist attitudes who think that everyone should be good at a video game. Here is an example of how you are wrong. I work at company that has a lot of people that play computer games. In Burning Crusade we all got together to play WoW. We started a 10 man guild and never got past Karazhan. They are all good people but they aren't competent when it comes to raiding. Either they are clickers that dont see stuff on the ground or boss abilities, or they are just slow when it comes to reactions, it happens. Not everyone is good at video games, but they are still my friends and I cant raid with them because they move during shade of Aran's flame wreath, or they fall of the edge of the Lich King Fight, or more recently they cant move during the Twin dragon fight in BWD.

They are good people and we are still friends, but we cant bring them to raids anymore. The OP is correct in this.

The same argument could be made of ease. I'm not sure why people feel we must always kowtow to the lowest common denominator in all situations.

I was bored with WoLK because it didn't challenge me. For some reason that's OK, but if someone's not good enough to do Cata content, it's a horrible tragedy.

Why the double standard?

You can't have everything without doing anything. You have 3 options.
    1. Teach them how to be good enough to keep up in raids.
    2. Don't tell them anything, stay with them, don't raid.
    3. Go raid with other people.

There's no "keep hoping blizzard dumbs down the game to the point where any talentless players can get everything done without any efforts" option.

also in the easy mode raids you can carry 1 or 2 ppl no prob if the rest of your raid is decent. they are not very demanding at all. well yeah nef might be a little hard but thats the last boss of the tier and is intended to take you until the end of the tier to kill. as for hardmodes yeah they are hard thus the name, if ppl remember back in the day they were made as a compromise between the hardcores and causals. they are not intended for everyone to see or even try. they are the little bit of the game put in for thoes ppl who do not like trolling org and do not put much importance on there e-buddies but rather play the game for a challenge and thats it. hardmodes are necessary to keep them busy for the next 6 months while they are making up some new content. they are designed to accomidate 5% ish of the population and are necessary in order for the easy mode raids to exist at the easy lvl they do.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-02-07 at 07:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1ring View Post
    No, Sir. It is you who are wrong. I like these people with elitist attitudes who think that everyone should be good at a video game. Here is an example of how you are wrong. I work at company that has a lot of people that play computer games. In Burning Crusade we all got together to play WoW. We started a 10 man guild and never got past Karazhan. They are all good people but they aren't competent when it comes to raiding. Either they are clickers that dont see stuff on the ground or boss abilities, or they are just slow when it comes to reactions, it happens. Not everyone is good at video games, but they are still my friends and I cant raid with them because they move during shade of Aran's flame wreath, or they fall of the edge of the Lich King Fight, or more recently they cant move during the Twin dragon fight in BWD.

They are good people and we are still friends, but we cant bring them to raids anymore. The OP is correct in this.
    Sorry but in 99% they are to LAZY to "learn how to play"
    Failing in raiding is like failing in drive a bobby car
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby-Car
    Raiding isn't rocket sience, im not a pro player i make mistakes to but i learn.
    Like how do you move every time at Aran's flame wreath?
    1 or 2 times ok, but hell every time, it's just because ppl do not want to raid, maybe they say so but they dont want it.
    There are a lot of stuff that is much more harder to learn or to make then wow raidning and ppl do it all the time.

So OP is wrong!
    Everbody could do it if they want. (Besides handycapped ppp)
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.