Using Wild Mushroom in 4.0.6

Please guide me to the proper thread if this has already been posted, but since this is geting a damage increase in the upcoming patch, How would this spell be used in PVE and where would it fit into the rotation?

you can always pre-drop them before you pull a boss for extra dps, this will be even better tomorrow

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

From what I'm seeing on PTR, I wouldn't use them on single-target rotation but I'd use them once per solar if there are at least two targets in range and definitely use them on add phases in Solar. Targeting will be much less of an issue with 6 yard radius and damage is significant.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

havent tried but can this be used to slow the faceless ones in grim batoL? only real place i see it being used in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post
    havent tried but can this be used to slow the faceless ones in grim batoL? only real place i see it being used in pve.
    And Halfus, and Maloriak, and Cho'gall, and Magmaw, and any other fights with adds.

Even on live, most bosses you know where boss is going to be tanked, you can drop tripple mushroom before fight and detonate when hit eclipse, nothing really changes single target unless tripple mushroom for 3rd 4pc crit is worth it.

Also good for something to do during movement after MF and IS are both up.

I've been experimenting with using it to slow down the worms on Magmaw by 50%. It seems to help but I wonder if would be better to drop it and just use the glyph for hurricane to slow them down 50% and stick the two talent points back in mana saving/increasing talents since I've been going oom faster since I took them out. 2 talent points is a lot with only 41 talents to play around with. They are probably good in certain PvP situations where the enemy goes through a bottleneck but I keep forgetting to use them in BGs.

buff to boomkins aoe

Deleted
    Good moonkins are already using this to AOE with since its amazing already, but now it got so much better

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Insta-cast will be nice.

I plan to use them even on feral when the situation calls for it. Certain debuffs that require you to run out of range and stand there doing nothing, might as well explode some shrooms. The damage won't be impressive, but it's something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    Also good for something to do during movement after MF and IS are both up.
    Oh yeah, so easy to do when your using direction keys to move and mouse to steer already being able to swing the camera around and use the target circle to place them where you want them

Not to mention that when there is a group of mobs, you cant see the shrooms and cant see if they sucessfully placed or not. And when you trigger them with everyone doing AoE its not guaranteed you can see if they actually went off yet either (say the GCD wasnt quite done) hence you likely end up spamming the trigger button longer than is needed

For usability this has to be the most pita spell in game, treeants coming close second (is there any reason at all for a target circle when they go after the target that hates you most regardless of where you place them!)

Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    From what I'm seeing on PTR, I wouldn't use them on single-target rotation but I'd use them once per solar if there are at least two targets in range and definitely use them on add phases in Solar. Targeting will be much less of an issue with 6 yard radius and damage is significant.
    Was there ever anything else thought about on that whole use of mushrooms to extend the time you are in lunar eclipse for starfall since with the 4pc (+glpyh of starfire) and the new rotation it hardly ever fits inside the eclipse anymore? Not that I am expecting much but it seemed a cool idea at the time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9866&e=10492

my log H Maloriak.............2.2Million mushroom damage #3 damage dealer..............just imagine with a 5% buff and a 33% buff to mastery.............FYI........be in solar when u detonate these......

TL : DR mushrooms are and excelent source of AoE damage in multi add fights. With the added range.........H Halfus will get some shroom lovin

Quote Originally Posted by Rockweiler View Post
    Oh yeah, so easy to do when your using direction keys to move and mouse to steer already being able to swing the camera around and use the target circle to place them where you want them

Not to mention that when there is a group of mobs, you cant see the shrooms and cant see if they sucessfully placed or not. And when you trigger them with everyone doing AoE its not guaranteed you can see if they actually went off yet either (say the GCD wasnt quite done) hence you likely end up spamming the trigger button longer than is needed

For usability this has to be the most pita spell in game, treeants coming close second (is there any reason at all for a target circle when they go after the target that hates you most regardless of where you place them!)
    get better keybinds? i have no problem at all dropping a target circle while moving. never had a problem putting them in the correct location or triggering them either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockweiler View Post

actually i find it VERY easy to place a targeting circle while running using the Q.W.E.A.S.D. Keys. i can actually hit my spells key bind and move and even jump all at the same time!! it's all in the Turn While Strafing technique

As the above said, using a targeting reticle while moving is not extremely difficult with a little practice. I got used to it way back when using engineering grenades in WSG while FCing. If I can be going full speed and hit a single target chasing me with a 3-yd grenade radius, I think I can be moving and hit a stationary pack of mobs with a 6 yd mushroom radius.

Also, mushrooms were already used with success in PvE -- this simply makes them better and ups the number of viable use cases.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced