Thread: MM pvp question

MM pvp question

should i even use serpent sting when im MM, or could it just be a pain later on when u try to trap some one in arena, just trying to get some insight on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never apply serpent sting to any target you wish to CC later, since it all breaks on damage, and having to wait for a dot to fall off would be semi-fail. As far as the damage component for Marksman, serpent sting is fairly insignificant since it no longer increases Chimera Shot damage, and honestly, doesn't have to be used. I normally apply it once on a target, and if it gets dispelled, that's that, I won't reapply it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is used on your kill target. Your target is going to have Piercing Shots(Dot) on him anyway.

Dispells are expensive right? <-- not sarcasm, I have no alts so I am asking.

I've just been using Serpent Sting as a poor man's mana drain. Is that not smart? Could the focus I spend on Serpent Sting consume more of the healers mana if I just throw in another Arcane Shot?

Although sometimes healers are more than happy just to dispell hunters mark over and over again so if that's the case I just keep applying that.

Quote Originally Posted by JShepherd87 View Post
    Dispells are expensive right? <-- not sarcasm, I have no alts so I am asking.

I've just been using Serpent Sting as a poor man's mana drain. Is that not smart? Could the focus I spend on Serpent Sting consume more of the healers mana if I just throw in another Arcane Shot?

Although sometimes healers are more than happy just to dispell hunters mark over and over again so if that's the case I just keep applying that.
    Your GCDs would be better spent either killing or CCing the healer, rather than applying HM or SrS.