Thread: WTB Wand

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    thundercall Heroic doesn't exist in the game and ag is way way way worse for warriors then spirit is for casters. Even with items with spirit you still get intell(spell power) if something has ag on it warriors get no ap from it at all

Deleted
    It took me around 30 BRC specific runs to get Corlas Baton.

Good luck.

I'm so glad that I have mine from BRC on 1st HC run

Deleted
    As a rogue there is only one thrown weapon. And it drops from one of the optional bosses in Hall of Origination. So not only will it have to drop, you also have to get the group to take the boss!

/noob

10+ Year Old Account
    As pointed out, there are a couple dps wands from heroics, and you can reforge a spirit wand and it will do just fine until you get the trash wand from BWD. You can always get the PVP wand which is pretty decent and really, really easy to obtain.

Remember in Wrath when trinkets were few and far between? Yeah, I'd gladly take a limited selection of wands over that.

Quote Originally Posted by hobson13 View Post
    im sure having spirit on your wand won't kill you...most casters spirit actually does something for you (though not a top priority stat) its one piece just pick up a spirit one and stop QQ
    The best in slot wand for all wand users heals/dps in 3.1 had hit on it. I'm sure spirit won't kill you until you get something better.

EDIT: It would be nice to see wands/guns/throwing weapons for valor though.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    The best in slot wand for all wand users heals/dps in 3.1 had hit on it. I'm sure spirit won't kill you until you get something better.

EDIT: It would be nice to see wands/guns/throwing weapons for valor though.
    Back then, spirit did things for Warlocks and Mages (i.e. spellpower and crit), but not anymore. Spirit is wasted itemization which would have been better spent somewhere else. Currently, the BiS wand is a ilvl 359 wand from trash, shit happens.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    *cough* tank/dps gun *cough* then you can have your wand
    THIS^^^ I play a mage, and trust me I feel your pain...i really do, BUT BUT BUT tank/dps guns are even harder to find.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Guys. Relax! Cataclysm has been out for 2 months... More items will come in the future...

The same goes for people who ninja loot or pay thousands of gold on items that are going to be obsolete in a few months. Keep in mind that the amount of stats available of the current items, will be doubled when tier 13 or 14 is released.

Just enjoy the game and don't be frightened by blue gear ).

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    WTB tanking gun, bracers, hmm what else is there to rage about with loot.
    Aren't there epic tank bracers from rep factions??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ogspider View Post
    engi can craft this
    Haha 6k gold for a stat giver?

10+ Year Old Account
    the epic pvp wand is not too bad and costs nearly nothing.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Back then, spirit did things for Warlocks and Mages (i.e. spellpower and crit), but not anymore. Spirit is wasted itemization which would have been better spent somewhere else. Currently, the BiS wand is a ilvl 359 wand from trash, shit happens.
    I know this, one of my mains is a lock. What i said was during 3.1 the best wand had hit so it wasn't ideal for healers. It's all about what comes out ahead in the end.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who says that the spirit wand is viable for mages and warlocks needs to be dragged out into the street and shot! It's easily comparable to resilience and you can't pay me to wear pvp gear in pve.
    THERE'S ONE EPIC WAND FOR LOCKS AND MAGES. There's something wrong with that!

As a holy priest I was stuck with the green iLvL 318 wand forever, finally the one in GB dropped on Forgemaster, I was sooooooo Happy. Took many many runs. I do have to agree, there are not that many wands at all in game at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    thundercall Heroic doesn't exist in the game and ag is way way way worse for warriors then spirit is for casters. Even with items with spirit you still get intell(spell power) if something has ag on it warriors get no ap from it at all
    CLICK ME

Check this out.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    CLICK ME

Check this out.
    Teehee, you linked the bugged 359 with a heroic tag that they're fixing in the patch today.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65098 is the heroic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepheid View Post
    So spirit doesnt help regenerate his mana??
    Doesn't do shit that is useful. Any mage with spirit shit on is a bad mage and should delete his character. There really is no excuse for it.

As for a wand...if you can't get either 346 to drop, get the pvp one. Sure, resil sucks and does nothing...but with the crit its about as close to a 346 wand as you can get. Just get it to hold you over

i use a reforged spirit wand from grim batol, boy was that priest angry when i won

and as pointed out, reforge. 18 of a stat is better than nothing, and wands are such a small contribution to a caster's overall dps.
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

It's just a stat stick. If you get a lucky set of stats, even a green wand can be better than blue wand with awful stats. For example, Blackwolf Wand of the Invoker comes with 104int 69crit, almost same as the epic PvP wand (107int, 72crit). But yep, that epic trash drop seems rare, our 25man raiding group has so far seen 1. Lucky me. The bracers haven't dropped yet at all.