Poll: should they remove LFD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    just because someone is in a guild doesn't mean that they will always be successful/know the mechanics of a fight/know their class well.
    However it is extremely more likely that someone from a raiding guild will perform better, being someone who pugs most of my heroics, and only pugged raids in wrath, I always had issues with organization of simple mechanics, people just could not listen or at the very least admit they did not understand. Any guild run I filled in for in wrath, and now that I am raiding with a guild in Cata, everything goes smoother. Ill admit that just because someone raids with their guild doesn't mean they will surely perform well, but its way more likely they will, and time will not be wasted. If you want to raid and can join a guild, do it!

No, without the LFD system finding a pug group sucks. As mentioned by Dupster, there are times when finding a group is a real PITA if your guildies aren't on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont understand why people are voting no on this.
    and the moans about HOW EASY THIS IS.
    havent they made wow easy enough allready.
    the fact that you would have to actually say something to lfg channel..... yeah. I get it. its hard!

Not having this umbelievable stupid system, would make us talk to people we dont know again.
    'Hi? you a healar?? wanna come with us?'
    I miss those whispers.
    And I do not miss these random fcked up idiots who join as a tank cause it gives them shorter que.

But I get it. Without this tool the lfg channel would probably be:
    LF DAILY HEROIC LINK ACHIEMENT ON ALL HEROIC INSTANCES!!!??!1+1++

the way wow goes...

Quote Originally Posted by AshestoAsh View Post
    Removing the LFD tool would give everyone a reason to not just sit in Org/Sw/IF and afk all day....this being said I am all for it being removed
    This, while the LFD tool was truly a innovative thing, it took the 'world' out of world of warcraft. You can get to level 85 without leaving your capital city almost. And now with the new justice point trade vendors you don't even need to hit up zones to gather mats for crafting.

It also gives people free reign in being total pricks to other players because hey what are they gonna do about it. At least when you were restricted to grouping with people from your server you knew who the jerks were and avoided them.

In short, while the LFD finder was a great idea in theory, it took everything an MMO is about and curb-stomped the life out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstermeg View Post
    This, while the LFD tool was truly a innovative thing, it took the 'world' out of world of warcraft. You can get to level 85 without leaving your capital city almost. And now with the new justice point trade vendors you don't even need to hit up zones to gather mats for crafting.

It also gives people free reign in being total pricks to other players because hey what are they gonna do about it. At least when you were restricted to grouping with people from your server you knew who the jerks were and avoided them.

In short, while the LFD finder was a great idea in theory, it took everything an MMO is about and curb-stomped the life out of it.
    I miss when I had to spend hours on Dala, spamming the lfg channel for a group to finish my daily hc quest. Oh wait, no I don't.

Maybe I just got spoiled being on a large server, but I rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes to find a group pre LFD.

Now it doesnt matter what you say or do to someone because they are invisible people behind a screen rather than a person on your realm that wants their reputation to stay intact.

I would def be for the idea that we can queue with only people from our realm ... that would rock...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberoth View Post
    Maybe I just got spoiled being on a large server, but I rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes to find a group pre LFD.

Now it doesnt matter what you say or do to someone because they are invisible people behind a screen rather than a person on your realm that wants their reputation to stay intact.

I would def be for the idea that we can queue with only people from our realm ... that would rock...
    You can.

How? you ask.

Don't use the LFD tool, and instead always find 4 other players in trade for your dungeon.

Deleted
    People need to stop thinking it's a good idea to remove LFD. I'm going to assume most of you who think so didn't play WoW before it came (lolwrathbabies) so you have no idea what a huge waste of time it was to do dungeons before. Just listen to how much DPS whine nowadays that they have a 30 minute queue... it's NOTHING compared to how long you had to sit in trade and look for people, you could sometimes look for an hour and not find anyone, at least with LFD you're more or less guaranteed a group eventually.

None of the cons of LFD are even CLOSE to the massive cons of the old system.

The LFD system is amazing.

Anyone who says otherwise is, in my opinion, an unsavoury gentleman and/or lady.

In my opinino, no. It shouldn't be removed. It is a good feature but some people aren't using it correctly and destroying it for everyone else. It should stay and it's a great help for most people.

sorry, this is a very stupid and selfish idea, just because you had a bad experience or the tool have some flaws , you ask to be removed completely? what about the other millions good runs that other ppl do (or did in wotlk) in varies levels?

how someone can be so blind of the good part of the feature, forgetting all these days of good and successful runs...
    I didnt even vote its such ridiculous idea :|
    Last edited by Flanteus; 2011-02-09 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    lfd is awesome especially for lvling, would never want to go back to normal way

I voted yes, but only temporarily. I think it would do some good to take it away for a short period of time. A lot of people don't appreciate the system. As it stands right now people from each role have bad attitudes because there's no accountability when it comes to getting into pugs with people from other realms. For a week or so bring back the time where bad and arrogant tanks couldn't get a group cause they'd gotten a bad rep on his server. Where dps couldn't roll on tank/heal gear with no consequences and vice versa. Just for a short time bring back a point where everyone had to wait and a lot of the issues with the system will slow down cause most of the problems are a social issue. Taking LFD away for a week would help people understand that the system is a privildge, not something that gives them the right to be a jerk.

That being said, it's pointless to even bring this up cause there's no chance it'll happen. Even with the things Blizz has done to promote joining a guild, they kept LFD. Nerfing heroics and luck of the draw say they're looking to make LFD a better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horcruxe241 View Post
    im tank i wont put up with people who dont know what to cc and if there dps is below 7.5k and thats generous i will kick them im not an eleitist at all i just dont get how people can be so bad at a game that was made so easy for them
    You may be good at a game but hell your spelling sucks :P

OT: No, just no. LFD = less travel time = less time waiting for idiots who AFK who have to milk their cows, take a dump, do their nails, trim their chest hair or whatever they do in their free time while they're on flight path to the dungeon, its this wait time that frustrates me the most during Vanilla/TBC & Early Wrath.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstermeg View Post

Not really.
    People still craft. People buy those crafted things.

You can choose to level through dungeons yes, but many people still prefer the questing. The experiencing of the new zones, etc.

And a lot of people are already total pricks. An in-game feature doesn't make people pricks. They are already pricks to begin with. And again, you don't have to use it. If you don't like that "It took everything an MMO is about", then simply avoid it. Go spam LFG for people if you want to do dungeons. Or just strictly run with your guild. You are not obligated to use the LFD. There are still summoning stones outside the new heroics if you want to do it "ye olde style".

The one problem I see with people is the fact that, yes, there are aspects of the game you don't like, such as the LFD. But there is a simple answer to that. Don't use it!

Some people complained about how the up to +15% bonus is making heroics faceroll.
    Don't use it!

Simple answers yet some people just can't find enough common sense to figure that out.
    But I mean, common sense isn't common after all.