Building a new computer

Spending around $700 on it, can't really spend any more than that. I will be using it for WoW, SC2, as well as some other slightly more system intensive games (probably not any fps), and audio recording/engineering (pro tools, etc).

These are the parts I have picked out; I've never built a computer before so I just want to verify that the parts will work flawlessly with each other, and that I'm not buying anything that has way more or less than I need/best bang for my buck

Parts:

Case: GAMMA Classic Series ATX Mid Tower Interior Steel Chassis (Black)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Socket AM3/ AMD 770/ 4DDR3-1866(OC)/ GbE/ SATA3/ USB3.0/ eSATA/ 1394 ATX Motherboard GA-770T-USB3

Cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2 GHz 4x512 KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Retail HDZ955WFGBMBOX

Heatsink: Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-G1 Hyper 212 Plus 775/1156/1366/AMD/AM2/AM3 Universal Direct Contact Heat-Pipe 120mm Fan CPU Cooler

Ram: Corsair 4GB Dual Channel Corsair DDR3 Memory for Intel Core i5 Processors (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)

Psu: Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX460 Superclocked 1024 MB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with Lifetime Warranty 01G-P3-1373-AR

HD: AMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

can't post links : /, but everything is from amazon.com, except for the hard drive, which is from newegg.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I don't see anything hugely wrong, but you may want to reconsider that PSU. And I'm no pro with video cards but if this machine is going to be for gaming this is not the place you want to be saving money. I suggest EVGA GeForce GTX570 1024 MB which is probably about double the price as your 460 (factory superclocked another $30-50) but is currently 'out performing' the 480's and will probably serve you longer than the 460 making it cheaper in the long run.

But like I said I'm no authority on building computers, so someone else may be able to give more insightful feedback. I myself would actually like to know if this could handle WoW and SCII on max settings easily.

Good luck.

The GTX570 is unfortunately well out of my budget, the 460 superclocked was pushing is about pushing me to my limit budget-wise. Would downgrading some other parts for a better video card be worth it? I remember reading the tom's hardware report for benchmark tests for cataclysm, and from all they tested the GTX460 gave the best bang for the buck.