Poll: Should druid worgen be in worgen form?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worgen should be without druid forms

I rly like worgen and think they look awesome but i think that worgen in catform/bearform and so on is a little boring. My though is that worgen druids should be in worgen form, what do you think? Would it look bad for druids or would it be good? Im getting little tired of being in catform all the time, but maybe thats just how druids are. So, what are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reroll another class then, if you don't like druid forms.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's people like you that got rid of permanent tree form

That's the price you pay for being a druid. You may as well say "All that heavy armor/robes really obscures what my character looks like".

Plus, it'd be a pain in the rear to balance for PvP "Aha, druid in caster form, must be a healer, get the silences ready... aaarrgh, bash and maul pain..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Reroll another class then, if you don't like druid forms.
    Why? I like druids, it was just though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googla View Post
    Why? I like druids, it was just though
    She/he said "if you don't like druid forms", not "If you don't like druids".

Druid forms are part of the druid class.
    Shapeshifting is the quintessential aspect of Druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanZero View Post
    That's the price you pay for being a druid. You may as well say "All that heavy armor/robes really obscures what my character looks like".

Plus, it'd be a pain in the rear to balance for PvP "Aha, druid in caster form, must be a healer, get the silences ready... aaarrgh, bash and maul pain..."
    This is the old complaint (and the reason druids can't use any shape changing items) but I never understood it. Every form has a different secondary bar. If it is red or completely empty its a bear. If its blue its a caster. If its yellow its a cat and you probably won't see it coming anyways.

Um well.. U can be happy that after lvl 20 ur travel form becomes ur worgen form...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    He said "if you don't like druid forms", not "If you don't like druids".

Druid forms are part of the druid class.
    Fixed.

And you're correct, without forms, druids would lose their uniqueness.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Fine, try using rip/rake/ferocious bite outside of bear/cat form with your soft little paws+teeth.

8k gs 2k dps ftw?

Roll rogue if you're unhappy.

Tauren feral druid without cat shapeshift, would be the funniest thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Fine, try using rip/rake/ferocious bite outside of bear/cat form with your soft little paws+teeth.

8k gs 2k dps ftw?

Roll rogue if you're unhappy.
    Ofcourse they should add that worgen form increase everything that catform would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    Tauren feral druid without cat shapeshift, would be the funniest thing ever
    The idea of that worgen would be the new catform/bearform is that worgen alrdy have a form, wich tauren dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    Actually it was the thousands of Vanilla players who missed the old days. And a few people who wanted to actually see their gear.

Anyways, yeah...this is never going to happen. Ever.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to understand, you mean that Worgen should stay in Worgen from but get buffs? cause yeah i get that, but I have something you might like a little better, they do change but it isn't change into the animals, in Bear there shoulders become broader and there arms thicker, in cat they become thiner, but boomkin and tree stay the same

Tree form is back the way it should be. A bunch of trees running around because it was easier just made Tree form weak. Now that its actually a CD it makes it that much more powerful.

Druids not being in a "form" completely goes against the idea of what a druid is. Its needs a "form" because it is emulating a specific being within nature. Druids in bear form are at risk of losing their humanity (or whatever race-anity) due to the feral power they are harnessing. Tree form on CD goes against this philosophy to an extent, but Blizz had their reasons and its understandable why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Actually it was the thousands of Vanilla players who missed the old days. And a few people who wanted to actually see their gear.
    I don't think they cared much at all for the people who wanted to see their gear, I think its just something they say to soften the blow to those people who whine about losing permanent tree form. I'm glad its back to its original functionality.

Sometimes you make decisions based on lore, sometimes you make it based on gameplay and sometimes you do it to please a specific crowd. I'm glad we are seeing more of the former 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    druids with out druid forms......thats a mage

Maybe, but only because I'd get to laugh at Worgens and how damn silly they look just that bit more!

15+ Year Old Account
    Druid forms are part of the class realy
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Blizzard has said they want it to be very obvious what you're fighting. Like posters have said, they don't want people to think someone's a caster only to bash your face in melee. Not to mention how ridiculous it would be if you could use your cat abilities and healing abilities without shifting.

That's not to say it wouldn't make sense lorewise if the form was worgen form since worgen form IS a druid form.. it's wolf form. But lore != gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossedd View Post
    No it's actually Blizzard that got rid of perma tree. IMO droods need to stop the QQ on it...

OT: Druids are a shapeshifting class. Like pervious posters have said: if yeh don't like being in cat/bear/demonic moon chicken form then you needs a new class.