Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    Adapt, use your full class abilities, and you'll be fine. (Also, consider that forbearance was reduced to a minute cooldown. That was the most solid, undeniably op buff we've gotten in awhile. Divine Shield then LoH a minute later? Thanks blizz. Magmaw single tank anyone?)
    You could already single tank Magmaw by cycling between Divine Shield -> Guardian -> Hand of Protection -> Guardian -> Divine Shield -> etc. The cooldowns worked out exactly right even with a 2 min forebearance.

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cortano View Post
    So does everyone... but take a look at how much healing you did as a percentage of the total healing. You might have ... 4%? 5%?
    4-5% of total healing done is actually a very large amount. Individual healers have to upgrade a lot of gear to get that kind of performance increase.

Deleted
    We cleared 10 bosses tonight and what I see is:

A lot of fluidity is lost from the playstyle due to avoided strikes disrupting the rotation
    Less reliable WoG means less consistent damage smoothing - It is noticeable at times.
    It is by no means the end of the world but I do think the way this change has been handled(by the devs) is pretty laughable.

As people have said I don't believe at all that this wasn't noticed for this period of time, it is almost impossible. The worst thing I think about this change is that not only was it not a bug but rather a deliberate mechanic change. It was only added to the patch notes when the Paladin community highlighted it to the point where it would look complacent not to add it to the patch notes.

I still would not consider reforging or gearing for hit/expertise. After farming normal raids for a couple of weeks we are due to start heroics and I need all the damage reduction I can get

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    During my raid last night I immediately noticed that my missed strikes were not generating HP. I might be in a worse spot that other tanks as my hit rating is .48%. The only upside I see from this change is I actually have use for my tier shoulders and helm.

The disruption to the rotation was the really annoying thing. Threat wasn't a noticeable thing, per usual, but having to use a 2HP (sometimes 1) WoG or SotR to maintain Holy Shield was very bleh. I already miss a shit ton, now having serious consequences from those misses has made me a sad panda. I won't go for the cap, but I will have to start reforging some hit to help make this a little less disheartening...

I am dumbstruck about how much this change has affected my tanking.
    Aside from being annoyed by strings of misses, I've had holy shield drop off regularly.

All in all I'm more concerned with the blue posts regarding this matter :\ They say warrior shield slams miss, yes they do. However we don't have a devastate without a cooldown, very often leaving me standing there, spamming crusader strike (this became blatantly obvious when I tanked Feludious for the first time due to a melee and ranged interrupt, so I couldn't use AS in my normal rotation).
    Saying ret should stack expertise as well doesn't really sound like they know what they're talking about (for PvP anyway, how much exp do you need to always hit a rogue?).

This change didn't really cause me any problems while tanking yesterday. I have 0.6% hit and 3 expertise, and threat is still a non-issue because of vengeance, it just makes the start of a pull a little more risky. Keeping Holy Shield up isn't really a problem, using a 1-2 HP WoG doesn't really make a difference when we have quite a lot of leftover GCDs anyway (WoG scales linearly with HP, seems some people don't know this?).

It ends up being more of an annoyance factor. If you don't really need a WoG and have to fire off a shitty ShoR. If you get a string of unlucky misses. If you end up sitting around just waiting for things to come off cooldown, because you're missing your CS'.

Basically, we can still tank just fine. No problem at all. But it has certainly made Protadins a lot more boring/frustrating to play. Which seems like a bad idea when there's already a tank shortage for 5-mans.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the last time, this is not about threat guys.
    The question is, is it worth getting a bit hit so we can WoG ourselves again every few seconds.
    The answer is still no. Although we got nerfed huge here, the amount of selfhealing you get from hit doesn't make up for the % avoidance you miss by taking hit.
    The only thing you will have to watch is to keep our holy shield up.
    With missing this much you will get in the situation where you need to use 2 holy power to WoG yourself already, just for the holy shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    Magmaw single tank anyone?)
    Have solo tanked him since launch. Never had any problems. Rotate DP+AD and GoAK for the bites. Use Holy Radiance when needed.

Btw you can also attack the head when he's chewing you, just tab to another target and start generating HP for WoG. It bugs out a bit sometimes but is still mostly dependable.

On topic, the both the change itself and the dev's comments on it seem like either they don't want to admit it's something they overlooked for around 8 months of beta+live or it's actually a stealth nerf to something else.

The "players shouldn't be rewarded for misses" philosophical essay by a blue poster made me rofl. One of the most generalized, incompetent-sounding, hypocritical, blow-smoke-up-their-ass commentaries ever given by them.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-02-10 at 04:54 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.