Deleted

Shadow Priest - Gear, talent, stat check for improving DPS

Hello there

Im having some trouble DPS wise when in raids - where i on single target fights can pull arround 14-15k dps ATM.

Besides looking at spell "rotations" (which i know is a major place for DPS improvement generally), i was wondering if my gear priorities , talent and stat choices are correct.

- Focusing on Intelect > Sp > haste > crit > Spirit (assuming Hit capped)
    - Forging * to Haste > crit
    - Gemming for 40 intelect (red) except when theres a =>20intelect bonus

Am i missing anything? (bseides improving gear).

My char can be found on wow-europe name Ain on Emerald Dream (not allowed to post links)

Best, Ain

Gems

Red: 40int
    Yellow: 20int 20 haste (40int)
    Blue: 20int 20 spirit (40int)
    Meta: int + 2% mana (as it is now)
    You chose if you which you wanna use based on the bonus.

For reforging

Items without haste. Reforge crit or mastery to haste.
    For items with haste. Reforge crit or mastery to spirit
    For items with hit and haste. You can reforge hit to spirit ^^ just for the extra out of combat mana.

Item stats, int/sp > haste > hit > crit / mastery

You got ilvl 347, 14-15 is fine.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Am I the only one who still prefers getting the hit cap before reforging/gemming to haste?

Deleted
    Im a squid remember (0,05% away from capped.. as close as you can get tbh).

Gemming.. from what i understand red 40 intelect gems are the way to go, unless the bonus is 20 intelect or higher (per gem) - correct? Think i recall something like Intelect = 1 .. haste = 0,42 (from shadowpriest.com .. when its not down).

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 02:51 PM ----------

Hit capped > intelect/SP > haste > crit > spirit/hit

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Am I the only one who still prefers getting the hit cap before reforging/gemming to haste?
    Am I the only one not understanding why people would go for a less beneficial stat ^^ Nah I get why some people preffer the hit cap, but seing as haste benefits us more, I reforg for that.
    I have done some trys, both with all reforged to spirit and all to haste, and I am seing the highest numbers with haste ^^ so I don't see the point in stacking hit, I will get it eventually, when I get some more items with spirit / haste

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ain View Post
    [/COLOR]Hit capped > intelect/SP > haste > crit > spirit/hit
    How can you put hit capped first, but spirit/hit last? either way it's wrong putting that or hit/spirit first.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Just FYI - Simcraft has hit as our worst stat (equal to spirit). Before today's patch it's:

Int > SP > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Spirit/Hit (with crit only very slightly better than mastery)

After the patch I expect mastery will be greater than crit.

Deleted
    uberquartz: thats when simcract considers hit capped no ?

Ppl will probably want to be hitcapped after the patch, as every missed MB, especially with orbs, will be HUGE dps loss
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory