Enhancement Question

Ok, so, I've been one of the main people claiming "We'll be fine" and "Don't worry," but I've got some concerns now.

Check these out, if you will:

Simulationcraft.org 4.0.3 DPS Numbers - http://simulationcraft.org/Raid_T11_372.html

4.0.6 DPS Numbers - http://simulationcraft.org/Raid_T11_372_PTR.html

Note, these numbers use ilvl 372 BiS items w/ T11. I know this isn't everyone's gear set up, but it gives a good idea of where everyone's at, all things being as equal as possible.

How did we get pushed to 5th from the bottom (WF/FT) or 9th from the bottom (FT/FT) in 4.0.6 from 8th from the top (FT/FT) in 4.0.3?

I only even give the simulation credit because its 4.0.3 numbers look pretty accurate to what I've seen playing out with my own eyes in raids (as far as standing goes, not the actual output numbers).

And why is FT/FT still simming ahead of WF/FT?

Thoughts? Comments?

I don't think he guy has the Enh shaman set up correctly. Some things stick out, like a meta that wasn't activated. Above exp cap and blow hit cap. stuff like that. You can add talents to that list. I think all 3 of those would be an indication as to why WF/FT was lower than FT/FT on that list.

lol@trusting simcraft when EnhSim isn't even properly modeling our DPS yet. I wouldn't worry about it. Just look at it. It's good Tia's Grace instead of DMC. DMC is being buffed a ton this patch and will most likely be back in that spot. And that priority queue... who thought of that? I don't recall anything close to that even being mentioned on EJ. I honestly wouldn't go by simcraft. Wait until we figure out what we're capable of and then put yourself in that list based on EJ/EnhSim numbers. As far as I know it is reasonably accurate for other classes. Either way, though, we're in the middle of the pack which is fine. We might be 5th and we might be 15th, but if you look at the numbers we're not that far behind, even according that.

BTW check out the action list for WF/FT. Here's a hint, what spell don't we ever cast when in melee range? Give up? Lava Burst. Whoever set up that priority list is a bit confused about how enhancement works. Also DMC > Essence, gemming isn't very good and they are running the expertise bracer enchant instead of the new agility one. I'm betting the priority list is what is really killing the dps output there since there is just way too much hard casting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    BTW check out the action list for WF/FT. Here's a hint, what spell don't we ever cast when in melee range? Give up? Lava Burst. Whoever set up that priority list is a bit confused about how enhancement works. Also DMC > Essence, gemming isn't very good and they are running the expertise bracer enchant instead of the new agility one. I'm betting the priority list is what is really killing the dps output there since there is just way too much hard casting there.
    Yeah I haven't had much time to pick apart the nuances of their simmed set-up yet. Thanks for checking that out.

I didn't think there was enough to knock us down like that, but I wanted to get everyone else's thoughts and comments and at least get the ball rolling on some discussion.