PVP Spriest wearing Disc Gear in the patch?

"The PvP priest 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. When Power Word: Shield is cast on the priest, movement speed reduction effects are temporally suppressed for 4 seconds"

I'm sorry but that buff is just to amazing to pass up. Reforge the extra spirit into something else... I'm seriously considering doing this... is this a dumb idea?

Thoughts?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    fade already removes movement impairing effects for shadow. gaining alot of disc stats for something that only suppresses those effects isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by abbot View Post
    fade already removes movement impairing effects for shadow. gaining alot of disc stats for something that only suppresses those effects isn't worth it
    The majority of the posts i see on Arena Junkies disagree, i think its because fade will only remove them for a split second (usually reapplied instantly) where as the 4 set is actually a freedom for a few seconds. Personally, i will be switching to the mooncloth gear, but thats mostly because i want to be able to heal too

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that the new effect will be replacing the current effects for both gear sets, so you will not need to farm a new set just for that.

The main stat loss from wearing 2 piece mooncloth / 2 piece satin to 4 piece for Shadow is losing 400 resil.

The secondary stats differences can mostly be made up by reforging the spirit on chest/shoulders to haste and by wearing less hit/spirit in your offset gear. You barely lose any secondary stats transitioning from 2/2 to 4pc mooncloth assuming you switch some of your offsets and/or include a pve haste/crit piece somewhere. You even gain +20 int from going to 4 piece because the int bonus from 2 piece / 2 piece is 140 (two +70 int bonuses) and the int bonus from 4 piece is 160 (+70 int bonus plus +90 int bonus).

fade already removes movement impairing effects for shadow
    I'd argue that the 4 piece shield movement suppression bonus actually augments fade and adds a lot of utility.

For example, you can run out of DK desecration and hunter frost trap much easier with a 4 piece bonus than with fade. This is especially relevant with the recent buff to Hunters and the DK "necrotic strike procs desecration" buff.

In addition, you can also escape much easier with the 4 piece bonus. Now you can call for a peel/snare from a teammate, shield yourself and preferably run around the corner of a pillar or wall, then fade off your snares and you are gone. Without the 4 piece bonus, if your teammate's peel is not perfect, you will not get away with just fade because one of the enemy players will just snare you again immediately.
    Last edited by Evrx; 2011-02-08 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware it's Inner Focus proccing the setbonus not PW:S as it originally was.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

Quote Originally Posted by Epox View Post
    As far as I'm aware it's Inner Focus proccing the setbonus not PW:S as it originally was.
    You are thinking of the Strength of Soul talent, not the 4 piece set bonus. They are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah mixed that up, sorry.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

For fade to be effective you need the warrior/rogue/dk etc not to be attacking you, otherwise it's instantly reapplied. This set bonus lets you get distance whilst they are on you. I'm pretty sure most high end arena shadow priests will be going 4 piece mooncloth as the bonus is far too good to miss and the spirit gained can be used towards the hit cap with the rest reforged out of.

I don't see why blizzard haven't added this bonus to both sets.

Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the new effect will be replacing the current effects for both gear sets, so you will not need to farm a new set just for that.
    Currently, the Shadow PVP set still has the old bonus.

Deleted
    yey happy i bought vicious mooncloth robe last week... got 1100 pts extra left so we pew pew some today and get epic mooncloth shoulders and have a decent amount of hit, extra moblity, a good amount of disci gear ready in case of respec, but lose 400 resi from double set... oh well there you go buy extra trink with the restof the pts