Aspect of The Cheetah

Why is it so useless.
    The only thing I ever use it for is to get to places faster.

Every class has a slow and dots that won't let us use it.

It would be nice if they ever made deterrence get rid of dots so you could pop it and go into Aspect of The Cheetah to get some distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think they should take away the daze, since now druids + shammies can also increase movement speed.
    Idk, they could just make it so we're pacified when in the aspect ? I mean, only down to druids + shamms are that they arent able to cast / use abilities.

I use it a lot; just not when there are enemy players around.

It is unwise to use it in a PvP Setting. However its possible to use it at just the right times to get more range between you and your enemy. But anyone worth their points would instantly throw something at you to daze you.

I use it on altramedes to kite during the air phase when I am the gong bitch. Works pretty well there. Hit gong, wait a sec then pop aspect and run.

I use it while farming crocs in TB since cheetah does not affect the pet and its slightly more efficient that mounting up between kills.

lets not complain about something as useful as this aspect. Out of combat you get to A to B faster, and the only reason you can get dazed is because it would be OP as hell for any PvP situation. 30% inc MS + auto shot while moving is OP enough.

I use it all the freaking time. And the reason it still has a daze attached to it is because it's a permanent aura, with no other negative effects. Consider the pvp implications alone if they were to give 1 class the ability to run faster than all 9 others, all the time, with no risks (and of course we range dps).

Also, your mentality makes me sad. Not every ability at a classes disposal has to contribute to combat. Many of them are simply fun or convenience. Cheetah is mostly convenience, though in the proper hands it actually can provide a significant advantage in combat. Someone tries to run from you in pvp? Nope, you can run faster. use it to increase a lead you have on someone chasing you. Use it in raids to get out of an aoe zone a little faster before the damage hits. Use it to get to your target faster during a fight. And on and on. Just be smart about it. I use it in battlegrounds constantly to catch runners (I love that by the way, fools think they can actually escape :P), or anytime I have to move around indoors and aren't in immediate danger.

It's an awesome ability that all other classes are jealous of, and you wanna come here and complain about it. Expecting Blizzard to ever remove the daze is like expecting them to remove our minimum attack range: wishful thinking.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    I use it all the freaking time. And the reason it still has a daze attached to it is because it's a permanent aura, with no other negative effects. Consider the pvp implications alone if they were to give 1 class the ability to run faster than all 9 others, all the time, with no risks (and of course we range dps).

Also, your mentality makes me sad. Not every ability at a classes disposal has to contribute to combat. Many of them are simply fun or convenience. Cheetah is mostly convenience, though in the proper hands it actually can provide a significant advantage in combat. Someone tries to run from you in pvp? Nope, you can run faster. use it to increase a lead you have on someone chasing you. Use it in raids to get out of an aoe zone a little faster before the damage hits. Use it to get to your target faster during a fight. And on and on. Just be smart about it. I use it in battlegrounds constantly to catch runners (I love that by the way, fools think they can actually escape :P), or anytime I have to move around indoors and aren't in immediate danger.

It's an awesome ability that all other classes are jealous of, and you wanna come here and complain about it. Expecting Blizzard to ever remove the daze is like expecting them to remove our minimum attack range: wishful thinking.
    I prefer Feign death -> Mount up in out door instances. Closes the gap way faster and for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

cheetah + camo is kind of nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Cheetah is mostly convenience, though in the proper hands it actually can provide a significant advantage in combat. Someone tries to run from you in pvp? Nope, you can run faster. use it to increase a lead you have on someone chasing you. I use it in battlegrounds constantly to catch runners (I love that by the way, fools think they can actually escape :P), or anytime I have to move around indoors and aren't in immediate danger.
    QFT

If you're not using it in pvp, and honestly, if you're not using it constantly, you're doin' it wrong. Even a clutch 4 secs of cheetah while a warrior's in your entrapment proc can take you out of his charge range... actually quite often... but watch yourself, actually, watch your minimap. Watch it like it's an fps. If someone else jumps you, say in a bg setting, you just shot yourself in the foot (no pun intended). Hunter pvp both rewards and allows more situational awareness than any other class, and you won't hit the ceiling of the class's skill cap until you start doing this sort of thing.

But then again I world pvp all the time and find myself chasing down mounts a lot. In a more... competitive setting, it's less useful.
    Last edited by JShepherd87; 2011-02-08 at 11:38 PM.