Thread: Haste and rejuv

Haste and rejuv

Has anyone else noticed haste reducing the duration of rejuv at the moment or is it just me being dumb.

i think it is you. still getting the full duration when i try.

when i cast it with no gear it's getting hte full 12 with full gear it's going down to 10

I thought that was happening to me when the new talents came out in Wrath. It was just my eyes deceiving me though. If ur unsure, take off ur gear, cast it, and put it on and cast it again. Compare times.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 11:15 PM ----------

You beat me to it :x
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

I believe this is supposed to be intended. So this is how haste works in Cata now. Haste will increase the rate at which your hots tick, and when you reach certain "breakpoints" you will add another tick to your hots (dots as well). Let's say you have some haste below the next haste breakpoint for rejuv. That means your rejuv is ticking every 2.8 seconds. With a 2.8 second tick time, you can't fit another rejuv tick into the 12 seconds, but 2.8 x 4 is not 12 seconds. Hence, your rejuv seems like it's shorter. If you hit the next breakpoint, then your rejuv will once again be at 12 seconds because your 5 ticks will bet 12/5 seconds long and so they will add up to 12 seconds. Get more haste and your rejuv will go down again.

That's what I believe is happening. I hope that was intelligible.

My rejuv has a 12 second duration with 14.63% haste. I took off a few pieces to get down to 11.21% haste and it now has a 10 sec duration. These times are according to the base game's UI buff durations underneath the icons. Refreshing when rejuv is already active will always put it to 12/13. Depending the amount of gear i take off I can get varying times between 10 and 12 seconds as the initial duration.

This is a bug AFAIK, as haste was never supposed to drop rejuv below 12 seconds. It would shorten the time between ticks and then just do a final tick at 12 seconds from what I remember. I could be misremembering, or they could have dropped the final tick if it would not normally fall within the 12 seconds.

EDIT: to confirm I'm getting 4 ticks (every 2.70 seconds) with 11.21% and 5 ticks (every 2.62 seconds) with 14.63%. When I refresh with 14.63% I can get as high as 14/15 seconds. I get 4 ticks every 3 seconds while naked, but the buff has an 11 second duration when its cast.
    Last edited by deneweth; 2011-02-09 at 12:27 AM.