Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto healing effects

So logged on to my resto shaman and noticed they changed the casting effects of your spells to be water. The funny thing is when you get done with the cast, all heals besides GHW still have the same druidic effect. Is that supposed to happen, or will that be hotfixed?
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

I'm guessing it will be hotfixed because the new animations look amazing. Our heals finally dont look like a druids heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    I'm guessing it will be hotfixed because the new animations look amazing. Our heals finally dont look like a druids heal.
    I'm pretty sure they can't hotfix spell animations. That requires client side changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I logged on and I'm still outhealing the druids/paladins/priests in my guild.

/sigh
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    I logged on and I'm still outhealing the druids/paladins/priests in my guild.

/sigh

That's pretty sad. A druid in my guild hit 85 last week and is in all blues (aside from one or two rep epics) and is keeping up with me. The druid buffs made them pretty good again.

In other news, my chain heal is still garbage and GHW still seems to be useless unless it crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    That's pretty sad. A druid in my guild hit 85 last week and is in all blues (aside from one or two rep epics) and is keeping up with me. The druid buffs made them pretty good again.

In other news, my chain heal is still garbage and GHW still seems to be useless unless it crits.
    Thats even sadder. I didnt expect 10% to do much to CH but i kinda expected GHW to be semi useful. Oh well, i CAN say its amazing for maelstrom procs, i kept myself up long enough to kill the healer in 2s today before the dps dropped me when my partner DC'd

OT: i am OBSESSED with the new animation, finally we get somthing we've been begging for forever... That being said
    Shamans: Hey, yeah so, do you think we could maybe be brought up to par with other healing classes?
    Blizz: How bout a new casting animation!
    Shamans: . . .Thanks?
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7227&e=7602

/sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the new animations. I'm sick of all the bling-bling-glowy-sparkly crap going on all the time everywhere as is. And all the stupid noise too - but I still want to hear boss emotes, so turning off the sound is a no-go.

And I'm getting more and more depressed by the prospect of logging in tonight for raid. I feel like every argument we have made on the official forums has gone unheard, all the effort we made in demonstrating, calculating and comparing our output, regen, mobility and range problems ignored.

I think my actual playing starts suffering from this too. I've always been the type of person who plays godly when superhappy and content and in contrast just barely manages to complete her assigned task when frustrated and unhappy.

I suppose I could use a pat on the back every now and then or some words of encouragement, but it seems that everyone only always shoves it down my throat that shamy is supposedly so OP in PvP and either a.) deserves every single nerf they get or b.) doesn't deserve any buffs to their heals because we have such insane burst healing that we cannot be killed *sigh* Funny thing is that people seem to know how to CC-interrupt me to death... but anyway, I only do arena to help a friend grab their easy points so they can play 3on3 in a more serious manner later in the week. Another fun thing is that for weeks already, the preferred healer for rated BG was always the paladin, and people rather didn't do their rated BG session at all than to replace the pally spot with a shaman. So we can't be that OP, can we?

I'm unhappy, frustrated, and it's starting to affect my skill level

And blizz can keep their pretty animations for all I care. The old joke was "we'll get a new icon". The Cata-version of this seems to become "we'll get new animations!"
    Last edited by Seriss; 2011-02-09 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Adding a cynical closing comment because I feel like it.

Deleted
    GHW has higher HPS than HS, but only with TW up. Also has better HPM, inside or outside of TW. So it's definately the spell to cast if you have TW up. Sometimes HS needs to be used for panicheals, or when you really need a crit for AH.

The difference isn't monumental though, and you literally need to do math to actually see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I think my actual playing starts suffering from this too. I've always been the type of person who plays godly when superhappy and content and in contrast just barely manages to complete her assigned task when frustrated and unhappy.
    I'm a very spiteful person, so I tend to be the opposite and perform better when upset, told my class is garbage, told I'm bad, etc. If there is such a thing as an underdog complex, I probably have it. That's probably why I stopped PvPing on my shaman when I started hearing they were OP healers. I'm not entirely sure what made them OP other than in 4.0 when Cleansing Waters combined with WotLK health pools was OP. I'm pretty sure resto shaman representation in early season 9 was due to how awful other healers were comparatively.

How is flash heal a priest's top heal on maloriak? And how did the druid only do 16,000 efflorescence healing? And he only hard cast 17 spells the whole fight. Huh.

Poor man. You might want to give your healers some advice like not to spam flash heal unless necessary and not to use holy word sanctuary in a 10 man (except maybe chimaeron). Well.. yeah, stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    How is flash heal a priest's top heal on maloriak? And how did the druid only do 16,000 efflorescence healing? And he only hard cast 17 spells the whole fight. Huh.

Poor man. You might want to give your healers some advice like not to spam flash heal unless necessary and not to use holy word sanctuary in a 10 man (except maybe chimaeron). Well.. yeah, stuff like that.
    Believe me, I am trying. Not to sound elitist but I'm definitely carrying the hell out of them right now. I made the decision to stick with the guild through thick and thin, however. The friendships I've made while in this guild are more important to me than their performance. Still doesn't stop me from facepalming occasionally. =P

Deleted
    Impressive numbers.

I'm afraid Healing Rain isn't that all that useful in 10 mans though, except for a few phases on a few bosses perhaps.

I'm afraid the biggest issue for me is (besides the fact that 10% to Chain Heal might not be enough to use our signature spell more often) that the so called go to spell Healing Wave gives me the feeling I am damaging my raidmembers in stead of healing them because their health will still drop fast. So procing TW and GHW seem to be the way to go, but that will run me oom even faster now.

Edit: oh soz totally went offtopic. I couldn't care less about animations untill I have the feeling the class isn't as broken as it is now

Believe me, I am trying. Not to sound elitist but I'm definitely carrying the hell out of them right now. I made the decision to stick with the guild through thick and thin, however. The friendships I've made while in this guild are more important to me than their performance. Still doesn't stop me from facepalming occasionally. =P
    Yeah I can see that. The resto shaman I play with is *very* good and I always beat the crap out of him on the meters (not that they matter). Honestly, it's a matter of the healer knowing what spells to cast when. If the healer isn't even using those spells ever (like the druid never using healing touch or the priest not casting enough poh), then they won't get any practice with them to get better.

Well, I look forward to seeing the new water animations in my raid tomorrow and being the new special flower with the nature animations all to herself. Muahaha.

I'm not sure if you are a good healer or just your partners healers suck.
    I will show you some meters of my guild, I think we got very competitive healing. I am at 10k HPS (in Maloriak) but, I have a lot of healers doing almost the same healing of me. So that means I have less to heal.

Maloriak:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cp...?s=4476&e=4850

Other examples, last night Blackwing 25m:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cp...?s=1658&e=2180
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cp...?s=3080&e=3476
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cp...?s=6157&e=6644

Hmm.. They really needed to add in TW +% crit chance for GHW if it was ever going to compete with HS. As it stands, having 60% crit chance on HS is just too much to pass up in favor of the extreme mana cost of GHW.

With the current tide nerf, it just doesn't seem like GHW is gonna be that usable consistently. And well, healing wave.. I find I so barely use that spell in raids as it is.

Overall, pretty grim patch for resto shaman. Pointless buffs that seem to have had little thought, a big hit to our regen and new animations that probably took about 6 minutes to reskin. :/

Hi Tehfred !

I had a look at your WoL record, and that pretty impressed me.
    I compared to mine : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yp4ok...?s=4264&e=4685
    (I'm Eonïe in that list ).
    I saw that many of yout heals were higher than mine. But I looked at your armory profile and saw that you have around 200 more intelect than me (4150 vs 4350). I think that's too small a difference to explain the gap between the heals you land and mines.
    May I ask you if you raid with the flask of intelect or spirit, and the same question for the food ?

One cause could also be that you are doing the fight with 5 healers whereas we are doing it with 7, so maybe HP are dropping lower in your raid, allowing your mastery to do its job more often ?

Thanks in advance for your answers, and have a nice day

15+ Year Old Account
    Not many other options on Alliance Malfurion though. Maybe Ascensio?

-Alacran

The animations may be pretty nice but the sound omg the sound :S...

As for those healers, I'm just shocked by how low the HPS is on maloriak.

Also hi tehfred, malfurion shamans FTW, should come on over to horde
    Last edited by natureca; 2011-02-09 at 05:17 PM.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

* Radux hugs Seriss

I feel you. On good nights I can really get the ball going. But oh man get me on an angry/sad day and I just play like shit. I don't necessarily think our complaints have gone unheard, but rather Blizzard can't find a good solution for a PvP vs. PvE balance -- which is just unfortunate.