Halfus Drakes not nerfed?

Ok so as I type we are having issues with Heroic Halfus, and while it may be due to another issue, I noticed that the drakes, who should have 3.9mil hp, are at around 5.8mil, despite what the patch notes state. Was that for normal only...or what?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Make a level 1 human on the US server Moonguard and run over to the Goldshire Inn. Once there prepare to be blown away by a series of WTFBBQ's and complete and total spacial mindfuck. Do. It. Now.
    ummm WTF, never knew about that.. could be the weirdest thing I have ever seen..

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Ok so as I type we are having issues with Heroic Halfus, and while it may be due to another issue, I noticed that the drakes, who should have 3.9mil hp, are at around 5.8mil, despite what the patch notes state. Was that for normal only...or what?
    Fairly certain its normal only. The notes confused me when I read them also. The change was only to 10 man yea?

We killed it on 10 man and the drakes had the usual 4,1 million HP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drakes do less melee damage. HP reduction doesn't seem to be applied, however. Might just be typing error on blizzard's part in the patch notes.

We killed it on heroic.

paladin, warrior tanks
    shaman, druid, holy priest for heals

drakes had 5.8 million. Let everything out at start except for the slate, left him down the entire time. Halfus went down super quick. Once drakes were down. 2 stuns I think?

Deleted
    My guild is gonna go on heroic halfus tonight, since I read about the halfus changed yday (we're a 10 man guild) I thought that we would be able to go the regular 2 tanks 3 healers group. But Now I'm confused will we still need to go either 3 tanks 3 healers or 2 tanks 4 healers??

our raid group usually looks like this:
    warrior tank & paladin tank
    shaman healer, paladin healer, disc priest.
    hunter, mage, fury warrior . and then we have some people who shift spots shadowpriest/rogue/warlock.

any help would be very appreciated!

randëi

Quote Originally Posted by Randei View Post
    My guild is gonna go on heroic halfus tonight, since I read about the halfus changed yday (we're a 10 man guild) I thought that we would be able to go the regular 2 tanks 3 healers group. But Now I'm confused will we still need to go either 3 tanks 3 healers or 2 tanks 4 healers??

our raid group usually looks like this:
    warrior tank & paladin tank
    shaman healer, paladin healer, disc priest.
    hunter, mage, fury warrior . and then we have some people who shift spots shadowpriest/rogue/warlock.

any help would be very appreciated!

randëi
    You have an excellent combo, almost what we had for our kill last night.

Have the paladin start on halfus, whelps, and timewarden. Have the hunter misdirect nether scion to the warrior and have the warrior also grab the storm. Have your disc priest hit the paladin with pain supression or barrier around 5 stacks, at about 8 have him bubble off the first set. After that try switching the halfus tank every 5 stacks. Our priest went disc at first but felt she was doing better as holy...(she might just be bad). Her disc healing was way behind even mine (resto shaman)....when she went holy she went back up above me again.

Also you can have one of the paladins bubble the first set of 6 stacks off of the warrior as well so you won't have to switch as quickly.

We burned the whelps and storm first and then chose whichever drake was low on health. You can lust a few seconds into the fight (no reason to wait for the damage buff on halfus he goes down super fast once the drakes are dead.

We left slate alone.

Not sure how you will handle the shadow nova, may have to switch the fury warrior over to halfus full time and just have him WW/cleave on adds.

Good Luck

They have the same health it seems, but last night they went down awefully awefully fast. We'd never beat Halfus till last night, as we put the perfect group together, and basically beat him in 2 or 3 stuns with 2:30 left on enrage, one shot.

Thanks for most of the responces, we actually 9 manned Halfus, as half the raid was hit by weird server lag as we downed the last drake and began to burn Halfus, myself fine, but because Blizzard hates me 5 seconds later I get a WoW Critical Error and upon logging in, find myself in Orgrimmar. Then 20s later I see a wall of achievements yet none for me.....I put up a ticket.

Deleted
    Laughable now.. to be honest one shot it.

Deleted
    2shooted it :/

Was to easy...

10+ Year Old Account
    On 25m HM now what would be the ideal strat for this? Any difference?

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 09:40 PM ----------

Whelps, Time Warden and which drake as the third one since it looks like people can afford killing 3 now...? Storm Rider?