Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwings View Post
    So does anyone have links to videos of any of the Jedi/Sith starting quests? Actually just any videos that deal with questing content?
    http://www.askajedi.com/2011/03/13/p...-is-beautiful/

---------- Post added 2011-03-20 at 05:43 PM ----------

http://torwars.com/2011/03/12/pax-ea...n-world-video/

---------- Post added 2011-03-20 at 05:47 PM ----------

http://www.swtor-life.com/video/pax-...ore-day-1/989/

---------- Post added 2011-03-20 at 05:49 PM ----------

http://www.torlegends.com/articles/n...ay-review.html

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    HERETIC!!

*grabs Pitchfork*
    lolz

Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    Whoa was just pointing it out no need to bite my head off.
    Sorry if that seemed harsh but i am sick and tired of arguing with army of his fanboys on SWTOR forums why he is not such a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    Yeah, I hope you've never played KOTOR because that is not Revan at all. He was a Jedi who became a Sith to save the galaxy. He went to the dark side out of necessity, and he became a Jedi again because he was almost killed and the Jedi council wiped his memory. And that's the basic version of it, there's a lot more to it than that.
    I actually hope its the Exile and not Revan. They need to tie up loose ends from KOTOR2, and there's already a flashpoint about Revan's tomb or base or something so I'm sure they'll resolve things with him one way or another. But I want to know what happened to the Exile when she followed Revan into the Unknown Regions.
    Uhm what ? Revan was a jedi who became a Sith to save the galaxy ? How does that even make sense and that is NOT what happened

Revan was war hungry idiot that went to war to battle the Mandalorians and after tasting true battle and enjoying it he fell to dark side and attacked republic, after he got memory wiped out he attacked the Malak thus ending that war but then he left known space LEAVING crippled Republic and other jedi to be slaughtered by remaining sith forces such as Darth Sion,Darth Nihilus and other sith assassins ...

I will quote famous Bith guy from KOTOR2
    "Jedi get mad , they start wars and set galaxy on fire and leave it burning like nothing happened" example what Revan did ...

Also i would like to add that release date is rumored to be in september (if everything goes right in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

The thing that made me most hyped about this game was the companions system. It is like playing KOTOR again, BUT, with an MMO addition. You can play the regular KOTOR type of quests and then, switch to your regular PvP / Dungeon/ Raid type of play. Isn't this just awesome? I can never have enough of KOTOR/Mass Effect/Dragon Age type of quests, especially in a universe where quests are constantly added, the environments change constantly, you can level up and get more gear, AND YOU CAN OWN A FREAKING SPACE SHIP AND ACTUALLY FLY IT (instead of just watch some short CGI cut-scenes).

I don't know how much time and resources are Bioware ready to invest into maintaining all the things I mentioned above, but, if they are serious it might as well be the next best thing on the MMO market. Definitely keeping an even closer eye on this one.

Oh and also, this is definitely DIFFERENT than WoW in so many different elements. Can't wait to see how Blizzard counters this (better competition, BETTER GAMES!)
    Last edited by Dragonshardz; 2011-03-21 at 01:10 AM. Reason: addition

Deleted
    Those videos are great, im inclined more and more to give it a serious try as both the space-opera set and overall attention to details make it a viable wow-replace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokkzul View Post
    Those videos are great, im inclined more and more to give it a serious try as both the space-opera set and overall attention to details make it a viable wow-replace.
    And the thing that people that played it at PAX keep saying is that watching the videos do it no justice compared to actually playing it. The look, the feel, the world, characters, gameplay, etc just can't be conveyed by the videos we see.

That excites me. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Uhm what ? Revan was a jedi who became a Sith to save the galaxy ? How does that even make sense and that is NOT what happened

Revan was war hungry idiot that went to war to battle the Mandalorians and after tasting true battle and enjoying it he fell to dark side and attacked republic, after he got memory wiped out he attacked the Malak thus ending that war but then he left known space LEAVING crippled Republic and other jedi to be slaughtered by remaining sith forces such as Darth Sion,Darth Nihilus and other sith assassins ...
    Kreia in kotor2 suggests that perhaps Revan never did fall, that he turned to the dark side out of necessity to save the galaxy from a greater evil, the true sith, it is also mentioned that he was picking his targets carefully, unlike Malak he/she didn't want to destroy everything that was in his/her way (Planets and so on) just the goverments so the resources remain. What or who Revan encountered with Malak was never revealed it was only suggested in kotor 2, for all we know he might've been the power hungry bastard you describe, even more so since kotor 2 was sadly pretty rushed(Damn Lucas Arts :< ).

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

I will quote famous Bith guy from KOTOR2
    "Jedi get mad , they start wars and set galaxy on fire and leave it burning like nothing happened" example what Revan did ...
    Nev beat me to the answer but to expound on it, Revan learned of the Sith Empire during the Mandalorian War, knew that they were going to return and became a villain in order to save the galaxy. By becoming Darth Revan and waging war on the Republic he could be selective about the planets he conquered. He left the structural integrity of the Republic intact, only intending to prepare them for a war greater than the one he was waging. That didn't pan out well thanks to Malak betraying him and destroying planets that would've been instrumental to the Republic war effort, and so after he regained his memories he went to the Unknown Regions by himself to defeat the Sith Empire. Obviously he didn't succeed in stopping them, but he probably delayed their invasion.
    Most of this is explained in KOTOR2 if you have enough influence with your companions to piece together the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    Nev beat me to the answer but to expound on it, Revan learned of the Sith Empire during the Mandalorian War, knew that they were going to return and became a villain in order to save the galaxy. By becoming Darth Revan and waging war on the Republic he could be selective about the planets he conquered. He left the structural integrity of the Republic intact, only intending to prepare them for a war greater than the one he was waging. That didn't pan out well thanks to Malak betraying him and destroying planets that would've been instrumental to the Republic war effort, and so after he regained his memories he went to the Unknown Regions by himself to defeat the Sith Empire. Obviously he didn't succeed in stopping them, but he probably delayed their invasion.
    Most of this is explained in KOTOR2 if you have enough influence with your companions to piece together the story.
    Pretty much this ^^

I had a question; but I'm not sure if anybody would know the answer. I'm aware the game is still in alpha so my question may just not have been put in yet. How many different lgihtsaber colors will be in the game, and will we be able to customize our lightsabers, or will the colors be based on the individual loot drop? My girlfriend and I were playing KOTOR recently and were goign through all the lightsaber colors. Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about the variety of saber colors in SWOTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I had a question; but I'm not sure if anybody would know the answer. I'm aware the game is still in alpha so my question may just not have been put in yet. How many different lgihtsaber colors will be in the game, and will we be able to customize our lightsabers, or will the colors be based on the individual loot drop? My girlfriend and I were playing KOTOR recently and were goign through all the lightsaber colors. Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about the variety of saber colors in SWOTOR.
    There will be crystals that you can insert into your lightsaber (much like gems in wow) that only alter the color (as well as gems that give a useful bonus).

Faded Red Might Crystal (Color Crystal) leaked from game testing a long time ago:

Obviously the blueprint is a blaster of some sort, they hadn't added a background schematic for each item type yet.
    I'm afraid I can't give you any further info on the amount of colours that will be available, just that there will be customization through crystals.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-03-23 at 07:05 PM. Reason: cropped the screenshot

Thanks for the answer, that looks very promising for what I was picturing in my head. I just hope they have at least as many colors as they do in KOTOR.

Friendly Fire in SWTOR:
    Damion Schubert discusses friendly fire in MMOs and why most of the time it doesn't work.

"Friendly fire has been in many MMO's:

Ultima Online
    Shadowbane
    Darkfall
    Mortal Online
    EvE online

I worked on Shadowbane - it had limited friendly fire. Of particular note, the Fury class was designed to have more powerful AoEs than any other class, but have this balanced out by having them hit everyone in the group. The end result was that Furies ended up being shunned by groups and guilds because unless they were played by the hands of a maestro, they were usually more of a liability than a benefit. Unsurprisingly, they were our least popular class.

We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about."

lol its true.

Haha good one on FF

Also very nice, from that pic it looks like you'll be able to color the lasers your gun is firing.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

wow good armor thats not plain crazy

Saw that on the homepage.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What would be cool is if they did it like DCUO, where you can keep the look of the armor that you currently have equipped if you don't like the look of the new armor and just get the new stats.

DCU is a superhero game. The only purpose in armor is to make your character unique. It wouldn't make sense in a star wars game where armor does serve a purpose.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    how does a white cloth tunic serve more of a purpose than a brown one?

Why are you suggesting color has anything to do with it? There are different types of materials. This is Star Wars, so its probably not cloth. Armor doesn't really serve much purpose as protection for a super hero. You just wear whatever you like best.