Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto. Worth getting 2004 haste?

I can now reach over 2004 haste and I know it has been a breakpoint to reach in Cata but with the buff to mastery is it really worth it?

Or you it be better to reforge to mastery and keep say 1600 haste?

I am still stacking int gems but the new alch stone pushes me over 2004.

I am raiding 10man normals with all bosses down except Nef atm.

Thanks. Thoughts appreciated.

Deleted
    Depends what you're sacrificing to get it.

In 10m raiding I think mastery is quite strong now with the buff to WG so you can keep mastery up on your Rejuvs way more. Personally I'm gonna try all out on mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc4563bee053; 2011-02-09 at 09:40 AM.

It is not worth at all on 10 mans, because your mastery should affect around 70-80% of all your spell casts. My mastery bonus is 24% xtra heals, on 83% active on every spell I cast in 10 mans.

If you are doing 25s, than you should go for it. However, gemming for haste is a little silly just to try to hit the 2004. You should do it, when you can do it with your gear (half 359/ half 372).

For 10man normal, just going over 1221 works fine for me. Anything else is just too much imo.

Deleted
    So unbuffed whats the people are aiming too? In raids I always have 5% and usually dark intent too =)Atm I have 1639 unbuffed, and if you say 2004 for 10 men its a waste I will love to know the magic number unbuffed=P.

Thank you!

I'm at 2017 for the extra lifebloom tick if I have DI. I've only reforged 50 crit and 114 mastery to get there and am 9 359 and have the alchemy trinket. I don't see why not to go to 2004. Being one of the best healers in my guild I almost always get DI so I suppose I could just with 1600, and if I continue to get DI I may end up doing so. 2017 seems like a good place to be, because with DI I get the extra LB tick which helps with ToL healing (not a huge increase but worth 12 haste) and without I'm with the extra WG tick. Maybe when I have more gear flowing around I can have a set for each, but I think it's better if I just prepare for both cases.

I'm already working on a set for mana and a set for throughput, though it's mostly just making up for the lost haste of replacing my alch trinket for a regen trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetarragon View Post
    I can now reach over 2004 haste and I know it has been a breakpoint to reach in Cata but with the buff to mastery is it really worth it?

Or you it be better to reforge to mastery and keep say 1600 haste?

I am still stacking int gems but the new alch stone pushes me over 2004.

I am raiding 10man normals with all bosses down except Nef atm.

Thanks. Thoughts appreciated.
    Keep the 2004 haste. 9 ticks of WG (considering the 30% increase and the 8 sec cd) is a must.

Side note: Just keep in mind that mana is gonna be a slight mana issues because of the cooldown for wg (8sec down from 10sec), and no reduction to the spell use cost.

Quote Originally Posted by deven04 View Post
    Keep the 2004 haste. 9 ticks of WG (considering the 30% increase and the 8 sec cd) is a must.

Side note: Just keep in mind that mana is gonna be a slight mana issues because of the cooldown for wg (8sec down from 10sec), and no reduction to the spell use cost.
    Very true about the mana. I tore it up last night, but I did some slight mana issues. I actually had a full innervate on me for the first time this patch.

Deleted
    Also when you talk about 2004 its wih the 5% more, I mean I dont get it too much the spread table thing, first dark mending its a 3% not 5% and Hpw do I know if I have 2004 with the 5% of the priest buff also how it works if I have dark Mending 3% and 5 % due the priest buff.

For expample unbuffed I have 1639 (12.80%) To know my Haste in raids I just calculate de 5% of 1639 and add it to my haste?

Thank you!
    Last edited by mmocf8e1c3be1c; 2011-02-09 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asadawa View Post
    Very true about the mana. I tore it up last night, but I did some slight mana issues. I actually had a full innervate on me for the first time this patch.
    Going 3/3 into genesis would be ideal if you can be put in a group with mana tide. Then I would do that and do 2/3 into moonglow. Its unfortunate that you had to innervate yourself but hey I understand.

Side note: Whats your thought on 3/3NB. I use reqrowth a lot in my rotation (OoC procs or if deemed necessary as an emergency heal). I found it very efficient (since there is no cost on OoC) with these HM encounters. Not really concerned about the 3 RJ = 30% reduction cast on Nourish (which is almost non-existent in my spell selection). 6k-7k heals with people with over 120K health is not really impressive heal even with the cast time reduction.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZrczIbcMuouo

Again I know everyone has the preferences and it is situational on the healing make up of the raid (25man). Just wanted some feedback if other druids are using 3/3NB.

Deleted
    Im going only 10 men and today I ll try this:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZrfzIb0ru0uo

Will let you know

I guess my problem is that I raid 10man and atm we often don't have a 5% haste buff. I suppose it would be wise (although a pain) to reforge mastery or haste depending on whether there is a sham, spriest or boomkin in the raid or not....

I guess I will try both and switch about.

I am EU, so tonight will be the first opportunity to check it all out and may go heavy Mastery for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have the 5% buff and don't have dark intent then 2004 haste is between break points.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...Hc&hl=en#gid=0
    Break points are one point over those.

If you did have the 5% buff and/or dark intent, yes, it's worth getting extra WG ticks in, even on 10. Mastery, even after the buff, still does not scale as well as haste based off hot tick break points. Yes, even in 10s.

Getting an extra tick in wild growth is extreme, that is the god of AoE healing spells right now since the recent buffs. It will help you a lot more than the mastery would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    If you don't have the 5% buff and don't have dark intent then 2004 haste is between break points.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...Hc&hl=en#gid=0
    Break points are one point over those.

If you did have the 5% buff and/or dark intent, yes, it's worth getting extra WG ticks in, even on 10. Mastery, even after the buff, still does not scale as well as haste based off hot tick break points. Yes, even in 10s.
    Im a bit confused with the spreadsheet, can spmepne help me a bit with it?=)
    I'm not pretty sure how to calculate just the unbuffed row. =S
    Also as I said dark mending its just 3%.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Krulz View Post
    Im a bit confused with the spreadsheet, can spmepne help me a bit with it?=)
    I'm not pretty sure how to calculate just the unbuffed row. =S
    Also as I said dark mending its just 3%.

Thank you!
    Check your haste rating in your character panel, that's your unbuffed haste, column E.
    If you can have Dark Intent from a warlock then check column F.
    If you have the 5% haste buff from a chicken, a shaman or a spriest, check column G.
    If you can have both, then check column H.

You ideally want your haste rating one point above one of those numbers you see. In your previous post you said you have 1639 haste rating, and run with both 5% raidbuff and Dark Intent. So let's check column H and see where you are. Row 9 says that at 1593 haste you get the 9th tick on Wild Growth, which is quite huge. You're not much over that cap, so you're ok. You can go even a bit lower, as long as you have at least 1594 you're golden.

If you still need help reading that spreadsheet, just ask
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Sweet thank you!
    So as now I have 1638 and I always have dark intent(wich its +3% not +5%) and a Shadow Priest Buff(+5%)
    I ll get the 9 Wild Growth (and all the things up there) right?=)
    Also then is it worth the next step?for the LB tick( for 10 man raid)

Reallty thank you Shornaal !

Well, if DI is surely on you i'd stay where you are. Doublecheck with some more experienced trees out there to be sure, it's my offspec after all.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Well last night worked very well.

I was at 2150 haste but had a spriest and DI. So I reforged haste to mastery to end up with 1650 haste.

Huge hps and healing was a breeze in BWD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 2007 Haste and
    1950 Spirit (+400 from Tsunami and an effective 350ish mp5 from Tyranades Doll).
    I believe I'm at 12.5ish Mastery and around 15% crit.

The Wild Growth extra tick is just brilliant imo. 6x 850ish healing extra per WG is quite nice when it counts. I haven't mathed it out, or theorycrafted it... but that extra tick in the 7seconds of Wild Growth just seems too important not to want to go for. I was using the Alchemy stone, but I got the doll and did a little reforging to push myself to the haste threshold without it. I have sacrificed Spirit... but the two trinkets cover this deficit.

I'm learning Cho'Gall and Nef atm and not having mana issues. It's very rare that another healer can put out more healing than I can, and I'm generally the most stable on mana.