Deleted

Mana Tide Question

I did not found an answer to this question on the forum, so i apologise if it has been answered already.

Here is the mana tide totem description: "Summons a Mana Tide Totem with 10% of the caster's health at the feet of the caster for 12 sec. Party and raid members within 40 yards of the totem gain 400% of the caster's Spirit (excluding short-duration Spirit bonuses)."

Does this means that if i have +90spirit(food) and +300 sprit(flask), will this 390 spirit be included in the 400% increase spirit calculations? Or i have to change all the gems to spirit, and start having flasks and food of intellect?

thanks

It includes all Spirit buffs BEFORE you put Tide down. So if you want the maximum return on it you want Spirit Gemming, Reforging, food, Flasks, Heartsong+Trinket procs before you drop the Tide. Of course, taking that approach is going to significantly gimp your healing but it depends on if that's a sacrifice your Raid is willing to take or not.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

I'm going to play it by ear personally.

If I feel like the nerf is completely detrimental to my mana, i'm gonna have to get my spirit up another couple of hundred and sacrifice some int. If I find it's "ok", then fine i'll leave it as it.

I suspect it won't be okay though as restos "regen" seems to have been overlooked and the only reason it hasn't been a serious issue before is because we could drop trinket-tide totem.

Short term buffs just means trinkets basically. Anything else seems fair game, although it may not stack with heartsong anymore. Someone posted some maths behind it, and essentially it is up to a mana loss of around 30-40% per tide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ushra View Post
    It includes all Spirit buffs BEFORE you put Tide down. So if you want the maximum return on it you want Spirit Gemming, Reforging, food, Flasks, Heartsong+Trinket procs before you drop the Tide. Of course, taking that approach is going to significantly gimp your healing but it depends on if that's a sacrifice your Raid is willing to take or not.
    Doesn't stack with trinkets as of patch 4.0.6

Edit: "Mana Tide Totem has been redesigned. The totem no longer multiplies the Spirit of those affected by it. It instead gives a flat amount of Spirit equal to 400% of the casting shaman’s Spirit, exclusive of short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped. In addition, its effects are now raid-wide."

As they have said that tide wont work with short term buffs like the core of ripness use ablity but its supposed to work with the stacking spirt buff like the darkmoon tsunami deck and the jar from marolak. Also I'm pretty sure tide will not work with heartsong proc either. just with food flask straight spirit and the stacking buffs like those thrinks i just mentioned.

As others have said: Temporary things like trinkets and Heartsong do not count towards your static spirit. However, DMC:T and JoAM are considered 'static' spirit buffs -- so they DO count towards MTT. Flask + Food buff will also count towards your MTT.

Heartsong: WORKS
    Blood of Isiset/Tear of Blood: DON'T WORK

I'm not sure if Heartsong is intended to work with MTT or not, but it isn't.

For the record, this change to MTT blows. If Shaman thought they were only useful for their MTT before, wait until 75% of shaman are told to only stack spirit by their raid leaders.
    Last edited by drhay53; 2011-02-09 at 07:05 PM.