Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What a joke.. CS bug etc..

Paladin Bug Fixes

* Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, and Hammer of the Righteous no longer incorrectly grant Holy Power from a missed attack.

This is a joke. They are selling it as a bug. It was so all the way before the patch and it was necessary. How are we supposed to have a "clean" rotation in fights like Chimaeron, Twindragons with this fucking CS Miss not giving Holy Power. How are we supposed to get Holy Power vs Rogues or Ferals? CS is gonna be dodged big time and we won't see Holy Power? They are really selling this as a bug.. I can't believe it. Gonna check this crap on live now and if it is as awful as I imagine, I quit this game. It's just enough what they did to Paladins by then.. I am not going to pay for this nonsense.

Ps.: Do DKs lose runes when they miss? No. Do rogues or cats lose energy when they miss? Yes, but they get like 80% of the costs in return. Just think about the math.. It takes like 13 seconds to get 3 Holy Power in a best case scenario.. Now imagine one CS misses.. Or even the second one, too.. That makes it to ~ 18 respectively 22,5 seconds to gain 3 Holy Power.. This is so lol.. How are we supposed to keep up Inquisition (esp. in PvP) and then also be able to deal TVs? DP rng crap? Hell, there's not enough food in this world I'd wish to puke out right now...

Edit: Don't bring this crap hit and expertise up.. I am talking about special situations, which by all means are not rare. This would be being forced to stand IN FRONT of bosses, getting a Hit Debuff (Chimaeron) or fighting vs Warriors, DKs, Rogues, Ferals, other Rets, any tank, hunters and nightelves in general which you can hitcap (7%) but NEVER EVER exp cap... So, just don't bring expertise and hit up, please.
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2011-02-09 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    I reckon warriors don't get rage when they don't hit something. Comparing other classes mechanics to your own ain't gonna work pal. If this is what makes you quit then bye bye.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually if there is a dodge/parry/block by the warrior's target they get most of the rage back. Not if there is a miss tho.

At least as far as I know.

Quit QQ'n and get hit capped not hard to hit 8% hit or 5% if you are PVP. And before anyone says "I can't get hit capped" yes you can even with just 346 blues and rep epics.

Deleted
    The big deal here is, not getting ANY HP at all vs rogues when they have evasion up. I very clearly remember getting destroyed by pallies on both my rogue and druid before with ridiculous TV crits. However, ferals won't be pvp'ing anymore and you can just make rogues burn their trinket, then hoj them so no biggie imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Paladin Bug Fixes

* Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, and Hammer of the Righteous no longer incorrectly grant Holy Power from a missed attack.

This is a joke. They are selling it as a bug. It was so all the way before the patch and it was necessary. How are we supposed to have a "clean" rotation in fights like Chimaeron, Twindragons with this fucking CS Miss not giving Holy Power. How are we supposed to get Holy Power vs Rogues or Ferals? CS is gonna be dodged big time and we won't see Holy Power? They are really selling this as a bug.. I can't believe it. Gonna check this crap on live now and if it is as awful as I imagine, I quit this game. It's just enough what they did to Paladins by then.. I am not going to pay for this nonsense.
    Gogo hit cap then. Seriously though many classes, paladins included, have been in way worse states before. If paladins turn out to have rubbish dps after this change then Blizz will tune it next patch. Be patient or reroll/quit.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiAlex View Post
    Actually if there is a dodge/parry/block by the warrior's target they get most of the rage back. Not if there is a miss tho.

Actually, that's if a prot warrior does the dodging or parrying, and it's not much rage.

An Arms or a Fury Warrior doesn't generate rage from dodged attacks. A Rogue and Feral Druid don't generate combo points either. They can talent into an energy refund if their finishers miss but they still don't get to ignore it as a stat. Enhancement doesn't get Maelstrom Weapon procs from dodge/parry. Hey look! Holy Power not functioning on a Crusader Strike that doesn't land seems to be working as intended!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Miss on Chimaeron... Wait what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    Pretty good change to PvP, however not that cool in PvE, however you can always glyph seal of truth to get some yummy bonus.
    It's good in PvP because paladins had no attack or move they'd feel if they wasted or missed it.
    In comparsion, warriors have tons of moves with cooldowns and rogues have some finishers with it too.

Basicly when rogues or warriors play vs other melee they're working on passing their attacks throught.
    When paladin does it, he just rotates his cooldowns watching awesome lights and damage over enemy head.

You'll have to wait a lil longer to get fixed anyway, because 3 ways hybrids usualy have little to push in their specialization.

Deleted
    If you want to compare this to dk/rogue/feral mechanics.....

Do Dks get runic power if they miss (could be wrong, but doubt it)

Do rogues get combo points if they miss

Do ferals get combo points if they miss

This is the comparison you should be making. And if you do make this comparison you will see that the other classes don't actually have it that good

get some hit and expertise, problem solved...quit your crying, stats you should have capped anyway.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Its a miss, it should yield NO benefit to you.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    I reckon warriors don't get rage when they don't hit something. Comparing other classes mechanics to your own ain't gonna work pal. If this is what makes you quit then bye bye.
    The problem is the class was balanced around a certain level of HP generation. That HP generation has been nerfed. Its a logicals nerf that mirrors what happens other classes and its what should happen....but that still leaves the perceived imbalance.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2011-02-09 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Actually, ferals and rogues get almost all their energy back after a miss/dodge/parry as baseline so hit/expertise are mostly ignored by ferals and not as important for rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    Miss on Chimaeron... Wait what?
    I suppose you never stack with others in this fight at all... especially not on heroic and ofc YOU NEVER face him from infront which makes your lol hit exp useless,but oh well...

10+ Year Old Account

They dont get the rage back NOR generate rage from missed/dodged/parried white hits.

Only energy classes and death knights get their resources back if they miss, and its not 100% refund afaik.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The problem is the class was balanced around a certain level of HP generation. That HP generation has been nerfed.

EJL
    It has been nerfed if you're dumb enough to not already be hit- and expertisecapped. Really, who isn't these days? I even struggle not to be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Just get hit capped and stack some expertise.

Getting Hit/Exp capped is hard......oh wait!

Seriously, I didn't even notice this when raiding yesterday afternoon, then again...you guessed it....I'm hit and expertise capped...go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Breneaus View Post
    Quit QQ'n and get hit capped not hard to hit 8% hit or 5% if you are PVP. And before anyone says "I can't get hit capped" yes you can even with just 346 blues and rep epics.
    Seriously.. Those comments help shit.. It's not about hitcap wtf.. It's about parry, dodge, block... Whatever.. None of this let's us get Holy Power.. It's not bad for holy shock which simply relies on hit and nothing else.. A rogue dodges like every third attack without evasion.. Now imagine bad luck: Holy Power only by getting stunned.. Big fat crap. And you CANNOT get exp capped in PvP.. And in PvE you have to stand in front of the bosses quite often or you get miss debuffs like chimaeron.. This is a pain to play like this.. I did it on the PTR and I just thought it to be a bug which will, as always, take years to be fixed.. Now they sell this as intention.. And if someone has no clue about the paladin, ret in particular, and how Holy Power generation now works.. I can just sincerely beg you to gtfo.

Edit: People who don't notice this lack of holy power by cs misses simply don't try to get the maximum out of their charakter.. I feel like every miss, dodge, parry a pain in the chest and don't stand this.. This is a fucking big deal when it comes to optimizing your class to the limits.