Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Obtaining Hit Rating Goal

Are any other raiding locks finding it very difficult, if not impossible, to obtain and then keep a minimum Hit Raiding of 1742? While in i346 blues it was fairly easy, but now as I add i359 gear I am shuffling and reshuffling to stay at or above 1742. Last night was kind of the final wake up call. I finally hit exalted with Dragonmaw and got my new necklace. Then I went to buy my new Shadowflame Robes and realized I could not possibly come close to obtaining 1742 Hit Rating without some serious re-gemming and re-enchanting. By the time I was done shuffling things around I was still short on Hit Rating, my Intellect had DECREASED significantly, my haste was down, and my spell power down. In short my upgrades were in fact down grades. So how are all of you handling this? I actually sold my robes back, tried gloves, and sold them back. VERY frustrating!

Thanks for your input.

Reforge hit, don't enchant/gem it. And ya' im at Ilvl 355, and without Stump, i'd be no where near hit capped.

Itemization this tier has been somewhat frustrating, but is expected. I only hope next tier they add more than 1 non-spirit necklace/wand/etc...

You shouldn't be going up in item level and down in intellect. It should be the opposite. Losing a tad of hit for a decent amount of intellect is okay. You don't have to absolutely be hit capped anymore. Int has a large enough effect on the overall scheme that you actually gain dps even if you miss a few times.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah im having same problem.....if u dont have the tier 11 pants and the book of binding will then u have a hit problem........i joined here yesterday and was reading up that u dont wanna gem for hit AT ALL. So i said screw it and regemed not watching my hit rate. And i actually did more dps then before when i was gemmed for hit. Im roughly at 1500 hit atm. Did 28k on the 1st boss in bastion of twilight (halfus i think his name is) so u may wanna try that route.

also i dont use stump..i use bell and volcano as trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrons View Post
    yeah im having same problem.....if u dont have the tier 11 pants and the book of binding will then u have a hit problem........i joined here yesterday and was reading up that u dont wanna gem for hit AT ALL. So i said screw it and regemed not watching my hit rate. And i actually did more dps then before when i was gemmed for hit. Im roughly at 1500 hit atm. Did 28k on the 1st boss in bastion of twilight (halfus i think his name is) so u may wanna try that route.

also i dont use stump..i use bell and volcano as trinkets
    At your level of hit, I'm willing to be Stump sims higher than Bell. Remember that Hit is the best of your secondary stats until cap. So 200 hit is better than 100 hit 100 haste and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit isn't really the holy grail that it was back in WotLK. You can manage in raids with ~15% hit.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by wusamata View Post
    Reforge hit, don't enchant/gem it. And ya' im at Ilvl 355, and without Stump, i'd be no where near hit capped.

Itemization this tier has been somewhat frustrating, but is expected. I only hope next tier they add more than 1 non-spirit necklace/wand/etc...
    you can enchant hit, as long as there is no corresponding Int enchant (or until you can afford the new bracer +Int chant). As noted above, hit is better, until cap, than any other secondary stat

Well I enchanted boots and bracer for 50 hit each and got my hit back to 1690 (16.50%) so still a bit short. We have a raid tonight so I'll see how it goes. But I'm still sitting on my T11 gloves or robes because if I equip either of those I can barely reach 1500 without gemming for it.
    Last edited by Spynner; 2011-02-10 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spynner View Post
    Well I enchanted boots and bracer for 50 hit each and got my hit back to 1690 (16.50%) so still a bit short. We have a raid tonight so I'll see how it goes. But I'm still sitting on my T11 gloves or robes because if I equip either of those I can barely reach 1500 without gemming for it.
    It may be expensive still, but if you can you should be using the new 50 Int bracer enchant. Boots should be lavawalker if you can afford it too. Unfortunately there isn't a place where you can enchant hit and not have a dps loss anymore.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    It may be expensive still, but if you can you should be using the new 50 Int bracer enchant. Boots should be lavawalker if you can afford it too. Unfortunately there isn't a place where you can enchant hit and not have a dps loss anymore.

Exactly my point. In order to come even close to the Hit Cap I have to sacrifice a significant amount of DPS by dropping much better enchants for hit. Right now I am sitting with a nice i359 robe and enough VP to buy another i359 item. But both will do no more than sit in my inventory because I lose over 200 Hit by wearing them unless I gem for hit which means I ultimately have less INT. So I will play in my better blues and hope for non-tier drops with Hit.

Now I could go for the Stump, but does it really make my DPS better by dropping my figurine trinket or my Volcano card for a trinket that gives hit? I don't think so, although if I understood how to use SimulationCraft better I could probably sim with and without and see where it came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point here is just because you won't be hit capped doesn't mean you shouldn't use better pieces. You have to get out of the Wrath mentality that not hit capped = bad.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you just have to do the math for yourself. Going from 359 --> 372 w.o hit might be bad, depending on the slot its for and what you can reforge.

R.I.P. YARG

seriously - if you have under a 2% chance to miss dont sweat it. I have gone entire encounters and not recorded a single miss on any ability many times. once in awhile a miss shows up. you are far better off to stack other stats than worry about being capped. Just check your recount or logs and see for yourself. if you can get capped from gear great. If not getting to 15% chance to hit is just fine.

PS It does suck having to stack so much hit on gear tho.
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2011-02-10 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Yeah, you just have to do the math for yourself. Going from 359 --> 372 w.o hit might be bad, depending on the slot its for and what you can reforge.

So if I want to run the math myself using SImulationCraft can you tell me how to change my gear in the Sim? Or point me to the instructions? Hate begging for help but just looked and didn't see where/how to change gear in it as I only just started using it a few days ago.

Thanks

The pro way is to switch to engineering so you can get 359 head piece with 200 hit 200 haste. That would have been smooth.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2011-02-11 at 05:59 AM.

Well I think I finally found a way to resolve it based on going "side-grade" with a couple blues and carefully planning future upgrades. Added +hit blue PvP gloves that actually have a bit more INT than my previous blue gloves and after I run a few more instances I'll have a headpiece that can replace my current headpiece and it will have enough Hit to allow me to drop the one Hit gem I had to pop in.

So I guess the real answer is that I needed to plan upgrades better and look at what side-grades would compliment new upgrades.

Thanks again to everyone that offered help and advice!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spynner View Post
    So if I want to run the math myself using SImulationCraft can you tell me how to change my gear in the Sim? Or point me to the instructions? Hate begging for help but just looked and didn't see where/how to change gear in it as I only just started using it a few days ago.

Thanks
    Import from Chardev.org, then you can change things on the fly.

R.I.P. YARG

I'm currently experimenting with dropping hit rating for haste, allowing me to get over the 2438 threshold (goblin). Its put me 1.5% below hitcap, whereas before I was on it, but its giving me about 500 dps increase on sims on a helterskelter type fight. First raid with it tonight - should be fun as long as the hit RNG doesnt target my conflags.

15+ Year Old Account
    The more people post about goblins and worgens 1% haste/crit, the more I think this was the most brilliant Lets-Get-Money-From-Race-Changes ever.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Import from Chardev.org, then you can change things on the fly.

Thanks appreciate that. I actually had looked at that a bit after reading more but was a bit unsure how to use it and ran out of time last night. I'll mess around with it this weekend.