Succubus/Demon Soul/Molten Core question

Question. I generally run Succubus for single target fights, Felguard for AOE fights. When I get a Molten Core proc when I am using Demon Soul, am I better off sticking with Shadow Bolts or should I stick to Incinerates?

I'd be inclined to check your DPCT in Simcraft and simply calculate whether the 10% increase in Shadowbolt damage would offset MC. My guess is that it won't, but I could be wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    They'd tie. Molten Core will still be there if you cast a few more Shadow Bolts. Depends on the timing really.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    So Demon Soul: Succubus Shadow Bolts beat Decimation Soul Fires? D:

No, SB with demon soul is worse than both of those - in other words, demon soul never changes your rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So Demon Soul: Succubus Shadow Bolts beat Decimation Soul Fires? D:
    whut? this post is about MC not deci.

and i may be wrong ofc but i was always under the impression its better to fire off incin as soon as possible when MC procs as to not waste any more potentional procs (ie, leaving incin till last few seconds and not getting extra procs, as opposed to firing em right away and leaving room for even more procs) if that makes sense? : \

Quote Originally Posted by bigyin109 View Post
    whut? this post is about MC not deci.

and i may be wrong ofc but i was always under the impression its better to fire off incin as soon as possible when MC procs as to not waste any more potentional procs (ie, leaving incin till last few seconds and not getting extra procs, as opposed to firing em right away and leaving room for even more procs) if that makes sense? : \
    What she was saying was that if it's higher than MC Incinerates, it would be higher than Decimation Soul Fires, since the current DPCT of MC procs is greater than D:SF. That would make her sad, and myself as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuza View Post
    What she was saying was that if it's higher than MC Incinerates, it would be higher than Decimation Soul Fires, since the current DPCT of MC procs is greater than D:SF. That would make her sad, and myself as well.
    aah right i get it now, in which case my apologies

Don't forget, that ImpendingDoom+SB still lower your Meta cd. Sometimes is better to ignore SF and throw some bolts to release 1 more meta at the end of combat.
    And don't forget about DPM (per mana).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuza View Post
    This, but not so much making me sad. In fact, it makes me happy that the cooldown would actually be useful in that phase of the fight since it's so important on a few encounters (also more chance of ID procs is good too). The shocked face was an 'omg I think I've been doing it wrong' :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I retract my comment, you should use MC procs during Demon Soul Succubus.

Tested, BIS 372 ptr profile (to account for scaling). Simcraft setup:
    Succubus pet
    Meta on Cooldown
    Demon Soul on Cooldown
    Immolate refreshed via Hand of Gul'dan (to proc MC)
    Incinerate during MC
    SB during Demon Soul
    Soul Fire during Decimation
    Fel Flame or Life Tap otherwise

Results:
    Shadow Bolt DPET: 12518
    Soul Fire DPET: 12834
    Incinerate DPET: 12896

R.I.P. YARG