Thread: To my Rifters

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

To my Rifters

Beta is coming up and for Beta 6 i was a rouge i enjoyed it and i don't think i will go back to rogue b/c i wanna try out new classes

soooo what where you in Beta?
    What did you like about your Class?
    what didn't you like about your class?
    enter anything else about the class here

Please don't turn this in to a flame post i'm asking a simple question there should be absolutely no wow talk in here or caparison to wow or how better blah blah blah

i was a rouge
    I loved the pvp on my rouge i was cleaning mages and clerics left and right
    i didn't like that i only had stealth for 30 secs sad panda
    rouges where find i enjoyed playing them
    Last edited by Salicylic; 2011-02-10 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're posting a different game on a WoW forum, and expect no one to talk about WoW? ok, thats highly likely.
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Salicylic View Post
    B
    Please don't turn this in to a flame post i'm asking a simple question there should be absolutely no wow talk in here or caparison to wow or how better blah blah blah
    Your sig tells us differently.
    I have been playing with clerics, not overly impressed. Might try a rogue build sometime
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salicylic View Post
    Beta is coming up and for Beta 6 i was a ROUGE
    stopped reading right there
    Aren't i already a reincarnated Lich King minion? Lich King: HAHAHA I delight in the irony!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../eladox/simple

I played a mage, spec'd nerco/warlock/pyro and it served me well. I did not get past level 15 sadly...(I got in the last beta on sunday and it closed monday lol)
    Personally I have enjoyed summoning lots and lots of pets ever since I played D2 as the Necro class and I summoned armies of undead and demonic minions plus I got to lob all kinds of fire at people.
    I never ran out of mana and everything about the class seemed great except I had too many moves and no one seemed to be able to give me a rotation or show me which moves/combos do the most dmg and such.
    One interesting tidbit I found about the mage is their CC type spells only come from talents and they last until you cancel it.

Just somewhat talking about the game itself though and the only major thing that will most likely keep me from buying is.... The mass confusion about my spells and talents, there are just so many spells thrown at you in the first few levels of the game and I would hate to see what happens with getting a new spell ever 2-6 talents you spend in a tree just seems... like overkill..
    But I can only compare this game with WoW and say it may be the WoW killer... it has all the features of WoW that I like (minus the some of the moves certain classes have) but the graphics are great unless your comp sucks which will limit some forms of play when hardcore raiding gets unleashed. But I enjoy it. =D

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spott View Post
    you're posting a different game on a WoW forum, and expect no one to talk about WoW? ok, thats highly likely.
    Hey buddy... Check the name of the site your on... "www.mmo-champion.com"
    Last I checked rift is an mmo... I did not know these forums were wow only.

Deleted
    Played a rogue to level 35..
    Main tree was Marksman

Loved the amount of movement increasing effects, and enemy slowing effects
    Hated the fact that I had to spend more points in the Ranger tree to get a pet tank above level 30

Really good class for kiting melee classes.
    And if you haven't tried the Saboteur soul tree yet you should, it's pretty awesome also.
    -Dannie

Off-topic forums retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    Hey buddy... Check the name of the site your on... "www.mmo-champion.com"
    Last I checked rift is an mmo... I did not know these forums were wow only.
    and last i checked boub said it was.

he also said that all rift discussion should be kept to one thread in the off topics>other games forum.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-02-10 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off-topic forums with the video game sub-forum. I think he has every right to ask such a simple task and expect some form of respect.

On topic: Since I had to play army this past weekend I didn't get much time in, however I was playing a dps cleric. Got to about 17 just rift hunting with some guildies.

i did a mage to like level 10 or so. it was ok but then i made a bard and it was hilarious killing enemies by blowing a trumpet at them

might try a warrior or a cleric next

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    and last i checked boub said it was.

he also said that all rift discussion should be kept to one thread in the off topics>other games forum.
    You may as well keep every mage, shaman, insert class, build, qq thread here in one single thread.

Deleted
    Too much threads about Rift here now I feel. Start an own forum and talk about Rift there.
    Yes, I do realize this is in the offtopic section, but it's way to much threads about the same game, on a World of Warcraft forum.

It says mmo-champion not WoW-champion.

MMO Champion, not WoW Champion. WoW is the top MMO right now, that's why this is in the Off Topic forum where users are free to post about other games. Just keep it civil. If you wanna bash Rift, there are a lot of threads in which you can do so.

For Beta 5, I played a Mathosian Mage. Pyromancer/Elementalist. For Beta 6, I rolled an Eth Cleric. Started as Inquisitor/Cabalist, but then transitioned to Healing for dungeons and PvP. I'm not sure I'm going to play in Beta 7. I AM getting the game, already pre-ordered. However, I don't want to level a new guy and get all burnt on low level zones. If I do play, I'll probably just log in to mess around with tradeskills, something I didn't worry about in earlier betas.

I'm going to play a Mage on live, for sure.

Pros of a Mage:
    1. With Elementalist, your pet is tough as nails.
    2. Good range dps and AOE with Pyromancer.
    3. Fun to play.
    4. Can spec into Chloromancer and fucking heal!
    Cons of a Mage:
    1. Squishy if your pet dies. Long cast time and lack of snares on my spec means I'm in trouble when my pet goes down if I have more than one mob.
    2. Long casts. If you're in a Rift and mobs are dying quickly, you may not get as much participation until you get higher level and get AOEs and instants, as mobs will die before your first cast is done.

I liked healing on the cleric more than I liked DPSing. That being said, you NEED help killing shit if you're in healer spec. Yes, you can kill things as a healer. Quite easily, in fact. However, it can take forever. In a dungeon in which there was a lot of group damage, or huge bombs on the tank, I found it a little difficult to keep up, but that had been my first time healing and my spec was kinda tossed together. We completed the run, but we did have a few wipes.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Warrior:
    Paladin
    Reaver
    Void Knight

Sadly didn't think they meshed well, and didn't get far enough to see if they did...spent all my points in one area anyway...As a paladin had no self heal so soloing was hard at times. Switched to Reaver which was more fun but still the same. Just picked at random >_>. I could take some damage but that's about it. Damage was low (3 tank classes, yes, no damage...), and I'd want a hybrid if I play beta again..

I played a mage to 35 with Lock/Chloromancer/Archon.

It was kind of an interesting combo because I had a lot of dots and cc in the lock tree, lots of self healing in the chloro tree, and stat debuffs in the archon tree. It was really good for solo questing and made me very hard to kill when spec'd right

The pvp felt a little awkward at early levels but once I got up to max lvl there was a little bit better competition. The last zone was full of world pvp everywhere you went but it was still pretty fun.

The invasions and things are badass and a quick way to level up. At first I just was focused on questing but eventually I started dropping everything as soon as a major invasion happened just because you could almost get a full level from helping fight it off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMTIMf3 View Post
    Too much threads about Rift here now I feel. Start an own forum and talk about Rift there.
    Yes, I do realize this is in the offtopic section, but it's way to much threads about the same game, on a World of Warcraft forum.
    Off-topic forum != WoW forum. Let alone in the video game discussion section. This thread is different than the "1 billion reasons wow sucks compared to rift" threads, so you can't really add such a thread into the others. It is a simple discussion concerning beta testers' thoughts on the classes they played. Leave if you don't feel it applicable to you.

What about Warriors and healers? any one played that

Are you guys seriously arguing over what games should be posted about in the forums?
    First of all, it's off-topic anyways, so you can post about whatever you want (within reason).
    Second, it's the moderators' job's to decide what can and can't be posted on the forums, so arguing about it is pointless.
    And does it really bother you THAT much that a post is about something other than WoW? If so, you need a hobby other than these forums...
    That is all about that.

On topic:
    I haven't tried Rift. While I'm sure it has its uniqueness and special features that make it interesting, it just seems a bit too similar to WoW to justify me paying for/switching to another MMO. Sure, the scenery and world might be different, but if, at its core, it's going to be similar to WoW it probably won't interest me that much after a while.
    I'm looking forward to SW: TOR more, because it offers something newer, and although still being an MMO, it seems different and fresh enough to at least justify me playing it, at least for a while. Plus, I love Star Wars, so you can't really go wrong there.

didnt have much time but got to 22 as a cleric. for dps i just went cab/inq. the aoe is fkn MASSIVE