Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Welcome back Wotlk dungeon difficulty

## this is not a whine thread ##

so we went on our daily heroic after 4.0.6 hit and could just cleave through all of shadowfang keep without any cc what so ever.
    i felt very much like most of wotlk. every dps at 15k dps+ and the healer not losing mana.

anyone else feel like that's a bad thing?
    http://img3.abload.de/img/kalysigqgll.gif
    (As nice as your signature is, it's too large, sorry )

Yep, it's very bad. The Luck of the Draw Buff was way too OP

Wasn't aware it had gone anywhere

Thanks to Shiri

Armory

if you want it to be harder don't join pugs don't have the buff...simple as that i for one like the pace of heroics.
    Any prize that's worth having usually requires a risk. No matter how big the risk don't ever think twice just do it!

try this in a group without LotD buff and 333 gear, then post again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I have two options.

1) Queue with 4 guildies, not LotD buff, still faceroll, no cc required, AOE everything down since our gear is mostly epic
    2) Queue alone as a dps, LotD buff up, pull 20k dps, no cc required, AOE everything down with a pug group

Whichever I prefer doing
    I like being asian :3

who cares about heorica really ?? U WANT DUNGEONS HEROICS HARD? Cmon ..

2 months after cata launch .. not much of a surprise really

TBH, me happy, i dont like the "CC mob, w8 5 hours, slowly approach from here, get him to 8.4% health, next one", i prefer "run in, if it goes badly, wipe, or just improvise, CDs, polymorph, whatever"
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    glad about this really, i want to level alts without the shear rage running HCs with retards causes.

Yea heroic where fun at start and stuff but now that i have done them all like 25 time each all i want is 25 min run max kkthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream View Post
    glad about this really, i want to level alts without the shear rage running HCs with retards causes.
    /thread

filler

Thanks to Shiri

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    I never used CC in Shadowfang keep to begin with... Maybe on one of the mobs in the final room, but apart from that, Shadowfang keep doesn't require CC as much as, say, Grim Batol.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone actually surprised by this? That is what Blizz does...they will keep nerfing content difficulty till they reach a certain percentage of the player base successfully completing the content. They did it with regulars, they are in the process of doing it with heroics....once that is done they are going to start taking stabs at your raids.

I'm all for it. Let the badass hardcores have it first and then open it up for the masses. But you'll have been there first and that is what matters, right? Oh wait, no one is going to care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r4ndsen View Post

so we went on our daily heroic after 4.0.6 hit and could just cleave through all of shadowfang keep without any cc what so ever.
    i felt very much like most of wotlk. every dps at 15k dps+ and the healer not losing mana.

Well first of all, the title of the thread states a whine thread. While that may not be your intention, i believe it's quite.. Well not so solid a statement.

Second, heroics WILL be easier as time goes. You can't expect Blizzard to tune heroics just because people gets epic items. Or may learn the heroics from the inside out. It will become easier, and that's just how it is. I can compromise; WoTLK dungeons where quite a pain in the butt to do at first, but became a faceroll after patch 3.1.

I am assured that TBC dungeons where like this the same way, in patch.. well i guess that only went to 2.4 (sunwell plateau). Quitted since i had done all content 2.3, and didn't bother to play anymore at that time. Did sunwell as 80 anno patch 3.0. It's a challenge, still is.

That said, it's not a bad thing. I rather wanna spend 20-25 minutes only wiping on bosses, rather than waiting 40 minutes for a dungeon and waste 45 minutes- 1 hour on absolutely stupid trash, because brains are rare at some aspects of the game.

Then again, i understand the frustration, when they said they would make it harder. Just rest assured: We all remember the ICC dungeons. They were NOT a faceroll, especially not PoS or HoR. FoS, oh well, kinda a faceroll (not looking at trash). That's why people LEFT when it came to those at a lot of points.

So no, not a bad thing. Just.. moving on in life as we need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaaah this thread again. Don't use it if you don't like it.
    Run with your guild. Isn't that the solution that was given before? "run with your guild, problem solved".
    So "run with your guild, problem solved"!

Deleted
    To people who say "I just want a 25 minute run, it's nice not having to cc, just want to level alts quickly", I want to recommend a second option: Quit playing the game. You're obviously bored to death and don't actually want to do any HCs, you just want the rewards for free. So why even play the game at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r4ndsen View Post

It was like this before the patch with my guild. IMO heroics don't need to be that hard. Most PuGs are really bad I would rather go through an easier instance and get through it than to get in a hard instance wipe 15 times and then have to get back in my 36 min que. if you are looking for something harder go to a raid not heroics.
    Welcome to Flavor Town.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    To people who say "I just want a 25 minute run, it's nice not having to cc, just want to level alts quickly", I want to recommend a second option: Quit playing the game. You're obviously bored to death and don't actually want to do any HCs, you just want the rewards for free. So why even play the game at all?
    Having already put blood sweat and tears into their mains, they want an easier time of doing it on their alts?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont get it, I really dont. You guys seem to expect Blizzard to magically keep all content hilariously hard(heroics was never hard btw). There are several factors playing a part in heroics becoming easier, better gear, learning and getting used to encounters and the new luck of the draw. Take away the luck of the draw buff and heroics still wont be hard, they'll just take about 20 minutes longer.

Just get over it already as soon as you outgear and learn shit it'll get easier. And no they are far from as easy as wotlk heroics was, wotlk heroics you could jump right in from the minute you hit 80(no luck of the draw buff existed until LFD tool) and AOE yourself to the bosses in shit greens. Now it's 2 months since release of Cata and people are learning, getting better gear and we have the buff and heroics are NOW as easy as they where in the beginning of LK.