Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauy View Post
    Seeing how there is a new stat priorities is there any changes to the rotation priorities?
    as SMF i do CS> Slam > bt > rb > hs over 75 rage

10+ Year Old Account
    commanderbeatdown i see 2 other topics about this on warriors page so how its NEW ??

I started this thread because I understand that mathematically with all the simulation it may be true that 8% hit is all you need. But practice never mirrors theory exactly. Movement during fights, etc etc will need you to give that little buffer space, rage, etc to ensure you are able to keep up your dps rotation.

Tons of players will see that (8% hit is all you need) on EJ and gem/reforge to that effect, echoing what the spreadsheets say without testing anything on their own.

I would encourage each player to test theory and see how they can tweak it to further output. This thread was meant for that.

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    I started this thread because I understand that mathematically with all the simulation it may be true that 8% hit is all you need. But practice never mirrors theory exactly. Movement during fights, etc etc will need you to give that little buffer space, rage, etc to ensure you are able to keep up your dps rotation.

Tons of players will see that (8% hit is all you need) on EJ and gem/reforge to that effect, echoing what the spreadsheets say without testing anything on their own.

I would encourage each player to test theory and see how they can tweak it to further output. This thread was meant for that.
    Or you know, the guys on EJ have done lots and lots of physical testing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by zork-tdmog View Post

Regarding Heroic Strike: Even after the nerf the HS dps outplays Slam anytime. What changed is that you will now prefer Slam! over HS.
    the fact it is free to use?

also looking over the parses it does more dmg per use than heroic strike.
    Last edited by Hakto; 2011-02-10 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    the fact it is free to use?

also looking over the parses it does more dmg per use than heroic strike.
    Damage per use does not translate to DPS.

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post

Yes but there's not alot of people that can process the information given. I keep saying that in order to go to EJ you need to first understand your class and then understand what you are reading.

Problem is so many people that have no indepth knowledge of warriors go to EJ for their share of theorycrafting but they come out even more clueless. They'll repeat whatever it was they found on there like there can be nothing else, and while that is wrong in itself, promoting said "special people" of testing themselfs would just result in chaos and "SUGGESTED" 21/30 builds.

This is exactly what I mean.
    And yes Slam hits really hard but how often do you get to smash it.

every proc between a bt and rb cd

also there's nothing stopping you also using heroic strike at the same time assuming you have sufficient rage.

I just went from a hit/crit (around 20% each) build to a crit/mastery build as suggested. My problem now is that with the crit/mastery build RB isn't active nearly as often as i would like due to low hit. Before i would estimate i was getting around 95% RB uptime (with berserker rage to top up whenever off cd), now it's down to around 60% (again with berserker). So if bloodsurge doesn't proc i'm only left with BT and HS, often just waiting for RB. So yeah RB is hitting harder but im using it much less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    I just went from a hit/crit (around 20% each) build to a crit/mastery build as suggested. My problem now is that with the crit/mastery build RB isn't active nearly as often as i would like due to low hit. Before i would estimate i was getting around 95% RB uptime (with berserker rage to top up whenever off cd), now it's down to around 60% (again with berserker). So if bloodsurge doesn't proc i'm only left with BT and HS, often just waiting for RB. So yeah RB is hitting harder but im using it much less.
    Those percentages are broken.

Berserker Rage alone is up for 10 seconds every 24seconds, which is around a 40% uptime I believe. You're either using Berserker Rage when enrage is already active or you are missing something else. Enrage SHOULD be around 30-50% uptime, I'm really not sure what the uptime is after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Those percentages are broken.

Berserker Rage alone is up for 10 seconds every 24seconds, which is around a 40% uptime I believe. You're either using Berserker Rage when enrage is already active or you are missing something else. Enrage SHOULD be around 30-50% uptime, I'm really not sure what the uptime is after the patch.
    i'm finding that enrage is almost never down in raids at this point, i dunno if i am getting lucky or what but it is certain up a much larger time then it is not