Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Thinking of buying a new computer.

Just as the title says, I'm thinking about buying a new system, and I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions.

Price range of around $1000 USD. Bare-bones kit would be fine as i can figure out a Video card afterward.

Just curious if anyone has seen a great deal out there that i might have missed out on.

Something that will be easy to upgrade in the future as needed.

I am personally going to be building this:
    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=11165509

You could swap out the PSU, Vid card, and case to save on some money to get down to the $1000 range.

This rig here will be able to run just about anything out on high graphics.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already have a decent monitor and keyboard. If i did get a new setup i would buy a Razor Naga mouse for pvp purposes.

Liking what i see so far but to be honest (not to start the old AMD vs Intel war again...) I do tend to prefer AMD.

Still, would love to see more suggestions. : )

Do you have an OS?
    And even though you prefer AMD, the Sandy Bridge-generation is sweeping everything off the carpet. Perhaps wait for AMDs Bulldozer if you want AMD?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be going with Windows 7 for the OS. Haven't done much reading on Bulldozer yet really.

Might be something i would look into but again the price range is the only real limiter here.

Currentley the new intel sandy bridge is what you want. Very cool and great overclocking potential.

Recentley got my self the i5k route and its very good chip. If your going amd do wait till bulldozer like tetrisgoat said.

Would reccomend some stuff but dont no any top US websites for parts.