Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    i would rly like to think Rift will be a huge sucess as well, with 1344 defirent class/spec combos (not to mention the defirence you can make in all talent trees, giving almost endless options)

but... i also thought AION was going to be huge, as did many people. but now, manny month later, its not anything worth talking about

im going to try RIFT before i can say if its good or not, and not pre-order like i did with AION.

and yes, 1344 is the amount of avaible class/specs. 4 classes, each have 8 talent trees, you can make a spec that combines 3 defirent talent trees.

8 (talent trees to start with), x 7 (numbers of talent trees to choose next) x 6 ( 6 left to choose from, as you can't have 2 of the same), x 4 (amount of classes)

8 x 7 x 6 x 4 = 1344.... a lot more than in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by grimmx View Post
    thats not true there were atleast as many posts about warhammer and aion being the wow"killer"
    This is true, but it is because those games were the first MMOs to come out since WoW became top competitor and everyone got excited to see new MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Critcryin View Post
    This is going to end so well.

You know, it probably would help if threads about Rift were started with good intentions, and remained constructive. It might also help if some of them were on different aspects of the game, instead of just how it will kill wow or how it deserves its own sub forum. As none of this is likely to happen, my suggestion is to stick with the official rift forums for now.
    Most RIFT threads are created with good intentions, but people come in bashing RIFT, sticking up for WoW, bashing RIFT, and the thread turns into another flamefest about RIFT vs. WoW.

Oh and I hate most, if not all, official forums. I like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i'm not scared about rift, cause i couldn't care less. if you leave it's only better for me.
    What are you whining about here then? Leave the RIFT topics alone if you care that little.

to quote "no"-boub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    This is true, but it is because those games were the first MMOs to come out since WoW became top competitor and everyone got excited to see new MMOs.

Most RIFT threads are created with good intentions, but people come in bashing RIFT, sticking up for WoW, bashing RIFT, and the thread turns into another flamefest about RIFT vs. WoW.

Oh and I hate most, if not all, official forums. I like these.
    i have to disagree with the last point, most threads are created by new accounts doing nothing else then bash wow, i would love to see more constructive posts their are currently only 2 up

almost every rift poster has less than 30 posts, is this trions way of advertising?

15+ Year Old Account
    1. If Rift is popular after being released and stays that way, we'll see. There's no reason to create a subforum because of hype.

2. Stop the conspiracy theories.

3. You're more than welcome to discuss any MMO you'd like in this forum (Video Games). Please keep it confined here and use the existing threads if at all possible.

4. You're welcome to PM either me or Boubouille to discuss further, but this thread isn't really going places.