[RET] Parse and Gear analysis

Hey guys, i finally got a parse uploaded. I cant post a link, so i have it under my Armory in my Sig.

I would love to hear on what i can improve on, or what i did wrong. I lined up AW with Zeal as well as my Eng gloves abount 10 sec into GoAK.

My armory should be updated. Still deciding on if i should put Landslide on this wep or not. Im sure i might be able to reforge a little better.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Just took a quick glance over your armory and parse, so excuse me if my judgements are a bit inaccurate, but heres what I noticed:

First off your gear looks alrite. Tanking cloak and boots are very decent at your gear level, however strive to replace them with 359 dps pieces when you can. Only gripe I have is that you opted to buy a valor point ring before getting tier pieces. That's a mistake, you should definately get 2PT11 as soon as possible, and chest should be your next purchase, followed by legs (so you can keep 2P pvp, 2P T11 and maintain your engi goggles also).

As for your parse, I see Hammer of Wrath as your top damaging ability. This can only stem from a flaw in your rotation, by prioritizing hammer of wrath before everything else. In 4.0.6, our strength lies in Templar's Verdict scaling, so you want as many as possible pumped out as you can. This means our prio looks like this

(Inq) > CS > TV > HoW > Exo > Judge > HW > Cons

And you still use 2 fillers between every CS where possible. This should shift your damage more towards Templar's Verdict and thus more benefit from mastery. Using HoW and Exo first favors a crit oriented setup, and has been shown by theorycraft to be slightly worse than the mastery based TV heavy rotation.

With that said your inquisition uptime looks good, given that you don't have 4PT11 yet, and also plus points for using a golemblood potion midfight as well.

Aside from your valor purchase choice and the small thing with priority, it seems very decent

A small tip on Halfus: you can set him to your focus target and use a focus Judge (and focus Exo) macro to keep Censure running on him constantly while killing off the drakes. This should result in some extra dps, especially cause he gains the yummy damage increasing buff. Just be mindful that the stack may fall off during zealotry if you dont get to judge for 15 seconds, which is why having a focus exo macro is also recommended.

That exactly the feedback i was looking at. I did notice that HoW was higher then normal for that fight. I was out of reach a few times so i missed had to throw some HoW over TV. I will give the new rotation a try. Just to make sure, even with a AoW proc, you would still use CS > TV > HoW > Exo ?

About the ring, you have confirmed my regret in getting it. I knew i should have picked up the chest, but i was just going to get the crafted one and wait on the T11 untill BH was nice enough to drop my legs( which wont happen ) if wrath was a indication on how the PVP bosses hate me.

On a gear note, is it worth picking up the Badge libram over the Epic PVP one ? I cant seem to decide. I have more then enough exp as it is.

Once again, thank you for the feedback. Ive been looking to improve my dps and tighten up my rotation for some time. This should help alot. I will try to see how i do on keep Censure up on multi targets.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridinn View Post
    On a gear note, is it worth picking up the Badge libram over the Epic PVP one ? I cant seem to decide. I have more then enough exp as it is.
    No, save your Valor Points for tier and get the Vicious Relic.

Deleted
    That exactly the feedback i was looking at. I did notice that HoW was higher then normal for that fight. I was out of reach a few times so i missed had to throw some HoW over TV. I will give the new rotation a try. Just to make sure, even with a AoW proc, you would still use CS > TV > HoW > Exo ?

About the ring, you have confirmed my regret in getting it. I knew i should have picked up the chest, but i was just going to get the crafted one and wait on the T11 untill BH was nice enough to drop my legs( which wont happen ) if wrath was a indication on how the PVP bosses hate me.

Once again, thank you for the feedback. Ive been looking to improve my dps and tighten up my rotation for some time. This should help alot. I will try to see how i do on keep Censure up on multi targets.
    If you already have the pvp libram, I would definately make the valor libram my last purchase. The difference is +7 str and 4 ratings versus 72 rating. That comes out to about a ~50 rating difference in favor of the valor libram or 20str, so half a gemslot worth of stats. Nothing really significant, so just save your points for better pieces for now.

As for expertise, you can make room for some by unforging your belt (btw you reforged off mastery on it, which I would definately avoid). ON the same note, you can also forge off the expertise on your weapon, so you have lots of leeway to fit in more expertise and gain net stats if necessary.

And as for rotation, yes if you can either CS or TV, you completely skip HoW and Exo. I know this will take some time getting used to, as the first 2 months of cata had us frantically pressing those buttons asap as soon as they lit up. But not so anymore (thank God)

And indeed that means during bloodlust+zealotry, you should just ignore everything else but CS>TV.

Hope that helped

Ya, will grab the PVP libram tonight. As to the Belt, u are right, but i cant seem to setup wowreforge.com where it wouldnt do that. Ill play around with it to see if i can rework that.

So with bloodlust+zealotry+ AW, your would only use HoW as a filler between CS>TV ? Ya, gotta retrain my mind to ignore the bright buttons.

Deleted
    Ya, will grab the PVP libram tonight. As to the Belt, u are right, but i cant seem to setup wowreforge.com where it wouldnt do that. Ill play around with it to see if i can rework that.

So with bloodlust+zealotry+ AW, your would only use HoW as a filler between CS>TV ? Ya, gotta retrain my mind to ignore the bright buttons.
    No, you are misunderstanding, you should NOT use ANY fillers during lust+zealotry. Your crusader strike cooldown will drop below the 3s threshold where you will do nothing but CS and TV, regardless of what else lights up.

Oh my bad, i was confusing lust+zealotry, and zeal + AW. I know on EJ they mentioned that using zeal with AW is a slight dps increase. Come to think of it, i think the AW is for the dmg boost on TV rather then the free HoW. Is this correct ?

Deleted
    Oh my bad, i was confusing lust+zealotry, and zeal + AW. I know on EJ they mentioned that using zeal with AW is a slight dps increase. Come to think of it, i think the AW is for the dmg boost on TV rather then the free HoW. Is this correct ?
    Yes

Although outside bloodlust when you have zeal+AW running, you should still use HoW and Exo in between CSes.