Thread: Blood PVP?

Blood PVP?

Blizz have been swinging around with the nerf bat recently and i'm thinking about going blood pvp instead of unholy. Blood did get a nice boost and all, got nice surviabillity in arena specially against melee. Does anyone think the same or have a clue about the stat weights or how to play blood at all as dps? Please share your thoughts.
    Today, I realised I know the map on World of Warcraft better than the map of my own country. FML

i am prefering blood spec over unholy with my feral partner. in 1on1 situations you are not beatable. we almost always win against DD/DD combos. but we have a hard time against healer/DD =)

well, just ordinary tank spec, no special pvp one

I would really like to find a good blood pvp guide breaking down spec,stats,rot, and when to change presence.There has to be some changes from the normal pve spec/rot?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt think blood would be a smart way to go for pvp. Mostly because you sacrifice damage for survivability. it would be increasingly difficult in arena because your damage output is so low that the other team can just whittle down your partner(s) and then take you out last easy. I could be wrong though.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

I used to praise Blood for PvP before, but now I can't stand it. I haven't tried it out since patch 4.0.6. came out, but I feel like you'd end up losing too much from the other specs to justify being an uber beast.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

well, DS-HS-RS got considerably buffed in dmg.

we are doing it for the weekly conquest points and just 4 fun, at 1550 rating playing in my pve tankspecc.
    if you choose to play as bloodpvp specced i'd go with this one http://wowtal.com/#k=k_Ox77wPT.aei.deathknight.
    Last edited by Madarame; 2011-02-13 at 10:12 AM.

Blood pvp is amazing atm. Non crit strikes on resil targets (self-buff): HS av. 8k, DS av. 9k, RS av 7k. That's in honnor gear (3k1 resil) and heroic 2H mace as gnome blood dk. With vengeance up this goes up, and got crits from DS @ 34k (average is 25k) Much higher than the 2 other specs. This + as Madarame said, you're unbeatable on 1v1 (including mages).
    Weak point though: mobility, you want to be Gnome or Worgen basically. Unholy is much better for arena if you have a healer though. Crazy CDs, mobility and dps. If you play DPS/DPS, go blood. It's increadibly simple and powerful against melee comps.

Yea im just rolling blood for fun and pts.I have my lock and boomkin for better arena teams.Do you guys use unholy presence then switch to blood if needed?Does frost presence help at anytime for blood pvp?

The only draw back to being a blood knight in the arena is that your probably gonna lose to any team with a healer unless the team is a bunch of downers. I fought a couple blood dk/other dps teams as I was climbing through the 1500-1800 range and me and my holy paladin never ever lost to them. It's basically the dps will kill your partner then either work you down if they can or play till you quit if your one of those stubborn poor sport people who won't quit because you know the chances of one dps killing you is pretty low.

If you wanna have some fun in the lower brackets against double dps teams then blood can be fun but its in no way useable for serious play above 1800 because you are terribly gimped vs healer/dps teams.

Oh and I'm a fury war btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

well, blood presence for runestrike spam

In crappy pvp gear (1k resil + badge pieces) I'm sustaining 9k dps in blood presence on the 85 dummy, while applying chains every now and then for giggles. However in the first minute of a fight i can spike around 10-11k by poping trinket + ghoul, runeblade -> outbreak -> empowered runeweapon -> heartstrike/runestrike spam.

I did try to stay in frost presence to see if it would increase my damage, quite the contrary, deathcoil (especially unglyphed) is miserably weak and without unholy talents an expensie rune dump.

Blood spec is a fantastic vanguard in battlegrounds, in tol barad I like to run right into the enemy crowd while popping my tanking cooldowns, buying our ranged a few valuable seconds blasting people, and if I get some healing I can start gibbing enemy healers at startling speed with +15k vengeance. Blood is also fantastic at guarding bases and flagrunning.

An excelent choice for low end pvp geared people to prevent insta-gibs with low skill requirements, and a good funtimes in solo pvp. Vote for Quimby.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post
    http://wowtal.com/#k=Y-tOVYyu.aei.deathknight.a2wmS

http://wowtal.com/#k=tw8agebPj.aei.deathknight.Iea-F

Either one will make you an unbelievable pest. Don't expect to kill anything.
    Sorry, but neither spec is good. Leaving out Abomination's Might is a large and pointless loss in personal damage, as is leaving out Dancing Rune Weapon for on demand burst.

Suggestion: http://wowtal.com/#k=k_OUEOSlx.aei.deathknight.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Sorry, but neither spec is good. Leaving out Abomination's Might is a large and pointless loss in personal damage, as is leaving out Dancing Rune Weapon for on demand burst.

Suggestion: http://wowtal.com/#k=k_OUEOSlx.aei.deathknight.
    You'd only ever need abom's for arena. DRW for burst damage? Good luck acquiring enough RP to pop DRW and still have resources to burst. You what else does good burst damage? RS spam. Who plays Blood for the burst? Congrats, you just did a fraction of the burst Frost or Unholy would laugh at.

DRW for burst... What game are you playing?

Hi, you sir have simply no clue about the beauty of DRW burst, nor Abomination's Might. You simply do not let go of 10% personal AP and 2% strength, I don't know what class you are pvping with but its not blood, please stop misinforming the public.

In effect what DRW does is increase your special attack damage by 50% for 12 seconds at the cost of 60 runepower. In other words, its very good.

Naturally putting DRW to propper use takes timing, here's a standard setup for exercise:
    Unholy Presence -> Outbreak, DS, DS, HS, HS -> DRW + Empower Runeweapon -> 6x HS (+6x DRW HS). During a course of 12s this deals anywhere from 100 to 200k within 12s, passes as burst for me.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2011-02-13 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I personally feel Blood to be inferior to Unholy in most situations, it definitely has it's advantages. Blood DK's are incredibly difficult to kill.

This is the spec I would recommend (it's good, not just a random guess like some of the above)
    (Blood)31/8/2

The 3rd point in Toughness can easily go into Scent of Blood if desired, however, it's generally not necessary, either way it's a minimal difference.

As for Stat Weights, they should be 5% Hit Rating>195 Spell Pen>Resilience>Strength>Mastery>Haste/Crit>Expertise

Basically keep diseases up, DS will be your main attack, along with Keeping NCS up as much as possible, I'm not positive if Rune Strike would be more valuable as your RP dump over DC(and DRW obviously). I'm sure either way is fine, so whichever u prefer as far as the 3rd Prime Glyph goes (+15% DC dmg/lichborne heal)or (+10% Rune Strike Crit chance)
    Last edited by Varyk; 2011-02-13 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Hi, you sir have simply no clue about the beauty of DRW burst, nor Abomination's Might. You simply do not let go of 10% personal AP and 2% strength, I don't know what class you are pvping with but its not blood, please stop misinforming the public.

In effect what DRW does is increase your special attack damage by 50% for 12 seconds at the cost of 60 runepower. In other words, its very good.

Naturally putting DRW to propper use takes timing, here's a standard setup for exercise:
    Unholy Presence -> Outbreak, DS, DS, HS, HS -> DRW + Empower Runeweapon -> 6x HS (+6x DRW HS). During a course of 12s this deals anywhere from 100 to 200k within 12s, passes as burst for me.
    Hahaha, ok bud.

In a battleground setting, you don't need Abom's Might; someone else will give you 10% ap. Like I said, the only place you need Abom's Might is arena (but why wouldn't you bring a druid and a pally to your 5s?). The 2% str is personal and negligible. Also let's not lose sight of what's important about Blood PvP: survivability. That's right, the ability not to get stomped. Blood is not a burst or high damage PvP spec, it's just a nuisance with a lot of teamplay utility which drives my next point.

DRW is not a vital talent for Blood PvP. It takes too long to utilize as a burst which makes it the opposite of a burst ability; the execution of DRW burst is too easy to avoid and WAY too easy to see coming from a mile off. You're better off slamming your opponent with two Rune Strikes. If you have to use a 5min CD to make a 90sec CD an effective burst ability, it's not an effective burst ability. I'd rather use ERW to stretch my own health bar as opposed to laying down six Heart Strikes. Why? Because that's just not your role as Blood PvP; no one is expecting you to kill anything. They want you to attract attention and grip and Death Strike and Strangulate and Mind Freeze and Chains and just annoy the hell out of whoever you're fighting while the REAL PvP burst specs sneak in and do their job.

DRW just doesn't fit the bill.

The whole point of taking DRW is to do DSx2 for 4x Death Rune, then DRW and Necrotic x4, which becomes Necrotic x8.

People are underestimating Blood right now. You really shouldn't. Its DPS is fairly competitive without Vengeance and off the charts if you start getting trained for whatever reason. Blood can easily throw up a 100k stack of Necrotic within a Strangulate. Don't underestimate how gamechanging that can be.

Not saying it's the be all, end all at all, Unholy has more control and similar survivability and Frost has more burst. Still, it is a lot stronger than most think.

Blood is easy to kill, playing my frost DK I can kite blood all day. Don't feed a blood dk in melee range and they might as well not even be there.

I stomp all casters in blood bottomline have way to many CCs and def CDs.I have almost given up on killing a good hunter,but all in all blood dps is below average all though ive crit for 12-16k.That being said the dps is good enough to kill to kill anyone 1v1,and it is really fun watching 6 guys trying to ninja a flag with me BB around it.