Why Steady Shot > Cobra Shot for MM?

Heya, just here for some help:

I've noticed my steady shots are hitting in the 7-10k range while my cobra shots are 11+. My question then is, why use steady shot over cobra shot in my rotation if Im getting better dps with cobra?

If anyone has any advice on MM rotation that would help a bunch.

Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by Malvision View Post
    Heya, just here for some help:

I've noticed my steady shots are hitting in the 7-10k range while my cobra shots are 11+. My question then is, why use steady shot over cobra shot in my rotation if Im getting better dps with cobra?

If anyone has any advice on MM rotation that would help a bunch.

Thanks~
    Steady Shot is integral to the other shots in the marks tree. Have a look through your talents.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever notice you have a talent called IMPROVED STEADY SHOT? That only works with STEADY SHOT?
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Deleted
    Steady shot is used by MM for the Improved steady shot talent in the 2nd tier, 'When you Steady Shot twice in a row, your ranged attack speed will be increased by 15% for 8 sec' and i think (dont quote me on this) cobra shot is buffed by survival due to Essence of the viper mastery

Cool thanks for responses

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Before you jump the gun, it might actually be worth using cobra shot during CA + RF in the fight with aimed...it boils down to if you think you'll get an entire aimed more out with 15% haste from ss buff. And would that single aimed compensate for cobra's far higher CA damage?

Food for thought regardless.

Deleted
    Your steady shot should outdmg cobra during CA. Maybe not in the shot alone but with near 100% crit, you'll get another 30%(+mangle) as a bleed.
    Aswell as you wont get MMM procs with Cobra.
    However, I've read that not using Chimera during CA, and using Cobra shot to keep SrS up should lead to a dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    Before you jump the gun, it might actually be worth using cobra shot during CA + RF in the fight with aimed...it boils down to if you think you'll get an entire aimed more out with 15% haste from ss buff. And would that single aimed compensate for cobra's far higher CA damage?

Food for thought regardless.
    I think you forgot about bleeds.