Poll: Are you doing too much PvE damage?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuy View Post
    Hmm..you know that is what the other classes are doing in the moment ? Warriors are not asking to be better than the others just to be the same..I would give you an example i pulled out 19.4k dps on Maloriak i have been ranked on fury warriors according to WoL on Top50, With the same amount of dps i wouldn't stay ranked on the top 200 if i was Hunter/Lock/Mage/Druid/Pala/Rogue/DK..So if we are OP what are they? If you're taking that conclusion the only reasons are, or you only raid with Elemental shamans, or your raid members suck.
    Although i wouldn't call Maloriak a good fight to really give an example, that concept is pretty much spot on across the board. I've had a decent amount of rankings between top 40 and top150 for warriors so far this expansion, but none of them would of even cut close to top 200 overall for when I ranked, that's just how it is right now, we're underpowered. I believe out of the top 25 on all current rankings right now for fights, there's only 1 warrior that got onto the ranked overall charts. Of course, this was on a Heroic Nefarian fight, which there's so little data for those fights on a kill it's hard to really even count it, but technically he's there.

Master Guns I really hope you're trolling...because between the damage buff to 5man randoms you can basically down a boss close to your total uptime of deathwish and/or blood lust. Judging damage/healing based on 5 man content is not good decision making imo.
    Last edited by Tyrantangel; 2011-02-13 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    For a good 15 seconds, going down to around 22k-25k depending on the boss/movement.
    That is still too much DPS for my gear level, I'm not even fully epic.
    I guess you are one of the people too blind by power to see that you were in fact OP?
    i call BS becasue i outgear you by a big margin and the only bosses that happens on are gimmick ones not most of them, and i know i would out damage you by a fair bit on any content currently in game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantangel View Post
    Master Guns I really hope you're trolling...because between the damage buff to 5man randoms you can basically down a boss close to your total uptime of deathwish and/or blood lust. Judging damage/healing based on 5 man content is not good decision making imo.
    Dont listen to him, he's dreaming.. WoL tells the truth.. there's no need to discuss, war dps is "low" compared to the other classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol the denial in this thread makes me happy in places I'd rather not mention.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    i call BS becasue i outgear you by a big margin and the only bosses that happens on are gimmick ones not most of them, and i know i would out damage you by a fair bit on any content currently in game
    I'm sure you outgear me by a big margin as well but I can burst that much too. Fury burst is too high, sustained is maybe a little low over the course of 5 minutes or so. Haven't had enough opportunity to check since the patch. Seems to be around 21k on Argaloth, which is basically only because I can pop cd's at the start and again for execute phase with BL, so that's a little inflated. Again, need more time to check.
    Last edited by Enders; 2011-02-14 at 12:31 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    Lol the denial in this thread makes me happy in places I'd rather not mention.
    Warrior DPS wasn't too high according to simulations and World of Logs.

Yes, we were and are doing OK for ourselves but in no way is our sustained damage overpowered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Warrior DPS wasn't too high according to simulations and World of Logs.

Yes, we were and are doing OK for ourselves but in no way is our sustained damage overpowered.
    Please quote me where I said our sustained DPS was too high. Please, really, quote me.
    I'll wait.
    As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I've said nothing but the opposite, only referring burst DPS, was ridiculous. I have screenshots of bursting 30k+ in heroics.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Our burst was OP. I really don't care what your "simulations" say, you constantly talk about SIMCRAFT SIMCRAFT SIMCRAFT.
    Have you ever even played WoW? Do you even play a Warrior? Or do you spend 18 hours a day on Simcraft?

I have to agree with Master Guns here, yes our burst was crazy, specially with CS+DW+Reck+2k STR trinket but that's about it.

Also, to the ~49% who voted "we got nerfed because of PVP", learn to read goddamnit. In each freaking threads I see about the Fury nerf, half the people posting think that way. Why don't you just disagree with Blizzard instead of thinking they try to hide something from us? go read the blue post again, Blizzard specially said Fury was op in both environment, it's fine if you disagree with them for the PVE part but don't be in denial, that's just sad.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

pve warrior damage is not balanced around heroics, heck I've done 1.4 million bloodthirsts in heroics.

pve damage is balanced around raid dps.

If you consider our burst is too high for raid dps or more importantly our sustained dps is too high for pve raids then you can say yes our pve damage is too high.

Taking your 30k burst scenarios and saying we're doing too much damage in a pve environment is not accurate especially when compared to other classes: eg hunters above 80% currently.

Deleted
    Please quote me where I said our sustained DPS was too high. Please, really, quote me.
    I'll wait.
    As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I've said nothing but the opposite, only referring burst DPS, was ridiculous. I have screenshots of bursting 30k+ in heroics.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Our burst was OP. I really don't care what your "simulations" say, you constantly talk about SIMCRAFT SIMCRAFT SIMCRAFT.
    Have you ever even played WoW? Do you even play a Warrior? Or do you spend 18 hours a day on Simcraft?
    Ofcourse our burst was crazy.

But you're really not smart are you? This is your exact words on page one

"I was able to burst 35k DPS in heroic 5 man bosses. Imagine with full raid buffs?
    Yes, I was doing too much PvE DPS. "

The burst is irrelevant. This is not PvP and unless you are suggesting that you can burst down 30 million HP the entire point is invalid. You make these grand statements and assume people will get your point, but from reading on these forums the majority, including myself, clearly don't.

I recommend you learn to communicate like an adult and stop behaving like a brat.

Also, Simulations are a very good way to find out theoretical DPS. Players, including yourself, make several errors and as such the thing you can go by is either the WOL scoreboards (which I mentioned and you ignored) or you can rely on simulations for the theoretical best.

But this will fall on deaf ears as you are clearly not brilliant enough to grasp the concept of "EVERYONE IS NOT I".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Ofcourse our burst was crazy.

But you're really not smart are you? This is your exact words on page one

"I was able to burst 35k DPS in heroic 5 man bosses. Imagine with full raid buffs?
    Yes, I was doing too much PvE DPS. "

The burst is irrelevant. This is not PvP and unless you are suggesting that you can burst down 30 million HP the entire point is invalid. You make these grand statements and assume people will get your point, but from reading on these forums the majority, including myself, clearly don't.

I recommend you learn to communicate like an adult and stop behaving like a brat.

Also, Simulations are a very good way to find out theoretical DPS. Players, including yourself, make several errors and as such the thing you can go by is either the WOL scoreboards (which I mentioned and you ignored) or you can rely on simulations for the theoretical best.

But this will fall on deaf ears as you are clearly not brilliant enough to grasp the concept of "EVERYONE IS NOT I".
    Sorry, I have Downs, can you break down that nonsense for me into bite sized bits?

Deleted
    Sorry, I have Downs, can you break down that nonsense for me into bite sized bits?
    You're just sad man, have a good day.

Deleted
    I made some of our half-epic decced DPS cry as they saw that I could do 15-16k dps in 5man heroic gear. That is overpowered and should be nerfed. The other day I twoshotted a rogue in PvP thanks to Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. That doesn't sound right either. Fury is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zork-tdmog View Post
    I made some of our half-epic decced DPS cry as they saw that I could do 15-16k dps in 5man heroic gear. That is overpowered and should be nerfed. The other day I twoshotted a rogue in PvP thanks to Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. That doesn't sound right either. Fury is fine.
    Fury is fine but it's not more than that.

I'm not crying about it but the burst DPS is not something to be considered for PvE purposes, as our sustained is not blowing anything away.

Quote Originally Posted by zork-tdmog View Post
    Fury warrior dps is based on RNG too much, especially with the latest changes.

Because of the burst (that does, in most cases, not really matter if the damage is burst or steady), warriors do lots of damage in 5 man dungeons due to low hp pools. That is pretty normal, especially if the "half-epic" dpsers in your group are dotting classes.

Epic gear does not mean the person should be doing more and more dps. There is a list of stats as you might know. If I change my 346crit mastery blue to a 359 haste hit epic, I will not really gain much dps.(Assuming special hitcapped )

You can not twoshot an average geared rogue, so please stop talking nonsense. (By average, I mean 100-110k hp at least combined with some PvP talent. Even PvE talents have survavilability points) I am also doing fury PvP and for quite some time now, have seen threeshots but sadly you can't do 110k damage with two abilities (plus the offensive cooldowns) without being buffed by other classes.
    However you can deal something between 70-90k that would mean death to a very bad geared <class>.
    Last edited by Angy; 2011-02-14 at 08:59 AM.

Did the same thing for Spriests :/
    You could be top, or close to in in PVE. It wasn't like you stood there doing nothing and nobody could beat you. Don't see how they got nerfed because PVE damage was too high. If its because of PVP, they should just say it. Granted it would bring a whole mess of QQ, its better than lying to us.

Deleted
    Yes, I was doing too much PvE DPS.
    Agree.

I'm not able to reach your burst, since i'm not a raid player and i'm in full blues (with two purples from reps), but i still keep my dps on heroic bosses over 15-16k, and i'm always on top of the meters by 4-6k...

Anyway i think that the nerf was because of pvp. Completely roflpwn an opponent in 3-4 globals is such LoL.

And please, don't say that "in arenas good opponents knows how to control the fury burst" because if i choose wisely the moment to pop out cds, there is nothing a "good" rogue or druid or whatever can do but being roflstomped.

For a good 15 seconds, going down to around 22k-25k depending on the boss/movement.
    I guess you are one of the people too blind by power to see that you were in fact OP?
    Post your WoL. Otherwise you are a troll.

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 05:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Fury warrior dps is based on RNG too much, especially with the latest changes.
    Absolutly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't try to compare 5-Man heroics with raidbosses....... /extraordinaryfacepalm

Heroics dont count, the bosses and mobs die to quickly to really get past the burst dmg we produce. After our burst we usually dip down quite a bit. I feel blizz should reduce our initial dmg or rework our attacks to cause more bleed effects..and yes i know this sounds to much like a rogue or druid, but it makes sense..if only they can work it to were it isnt like other melee.