Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    I think these items kind of weakly have that gem baked in.
    Yea, that and if you would have read the MMO-index site about patch it said "I KNOW mail and blah blah loot don't have teh gem slot" and this is to not make craft belts + chest superior to the ones available in raids.

These belts are itemized to make up for the lack of a socket. Quit crying.

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisGH View Post
    Rhaide, did you bother to read anything but the OP? Any player that wears 359 crafted agility gear right now is NOT getting the benefit of the socket. This includes hunters, rogues, feral druids, and enhancement shaman.

What floors me is that you're posting as if the hunters are demanding a buff via the socket. When Blizzard changed the crafted gear to include socket bonuses, they removed some of the white stats to compensate. The socket is not intended to throw out the balance across ilvl 359 equipment, it serves as a method by which one can customize their gear further, which allows a player to play how they like. If player A likes haste and player B likes crit, they can socket that haste gem or that crit gem and build their own unique set of equipment.

Think before you post.
    While I'm very glad that you seem insistent on talking about other classes on the hunter forum, it is not necessary as I'm not talking about other classes, I'm talking about hunters. And as for your 'have you read any other comments on the thread' comment, yes, yes I have. I chose not to respond to the comments about other agi users since... well, this was about hunters, excuse me for talking ON TOPIC.

Also, when you take a portion of the pre-set stat budget and put it into slots instead of hard stats, it will translate to a flat DPS increase as the player can in almost all scenarios get more damage out of a choice than they can out of a given stat, ESPECIALLY in the case of first tier gear, while we are still far from getting all our caps easily.

So please, before you flame someone else for their post, try and think about if your point is on topic at all and don't make arguments that have nothing to do with the post after people have mentioned that those arguments have nothing to do with the post. That is called derailing a thread and it is frowned upon.

Your claim of sockets allowing a player to 'play how they want' is frivolous at best. Think logically, if the player KNOWS what socketing a particular stat will do dps-wise, they will obviously choose the BEST stat, so that has nothing to do with 'how you want to play', it's based on playing well. If the player DOESN'T know what the stat will actually do dps-wise, then they are just going to pick the stat that sounds the coolest. "OH CRIT? I LOVE CRITTING". At that point, why not start making gems with +40 Cake on them. They don't actually alter the gameplay in any meaningful way to players who don't understand them. So sockets add NO real customization if you think about it.

Lastly, I have an 80 rogue, an 85 feral druid, an 80 hunter, and an 85 enhance shaman. So I am in a good position to talk about them, I'm just choosing not to since it's not on topic.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2011-02-13 at 07:04 AM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kemanorel View Post
    I opened a ticket ingame about lw agility crafted epics lacking sockets post-4.0.6 and was reassured by a live gm that they were looking into it.
    so blizz forgot leather and mail wearers lol i mean how can they look into something unless they dont know about it

Check it:

Elementium Girdle of Pain
    233 STR
    380 STAM
    Yellow Socket -- Bonus 10 str
    Hit Rating 169
    Haste Rating 149

Opposed to mail belt

Corded Viper Belt
    253 AGI
    380 STAM
    Crit Rating 169
    Mastery 169

So the difference:

The nonslotted belt has 20 more main stat and 20 more secondary stat/rating.
    The slotted belt has a socket and a 10 str bonus, rare quality gems give 40 of a stat, so you can either get the 40 of whatever you want (making them roughly equal), or you can get a specific 40 and collect on the socket bonus, bumping the value to roughly 50.

Because of this, even though the slotted belt has 40 less stats without a gem, with a gem it is either EXACTLY equal stat-wise, or it is 10 BETTER, couple this with the ability to CHOOSE what stat is going onto the item to maximize its value, and sockets obviously win out over no sockets. So anyone saying that a socket isn't better than flat stats doesn't know what they are talking about.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    The issue is they'd need to redesign corded viper belt minus the baked in agi and mastery gem. This means more work just to give you freer stat choice on a crafted item you can and will replace. Lets move on and fap to star trek or something more interesting. In any case if you want to be captain freedom, just reforge it.

I'm gonna crawl back into the priest forum dw, but before I do you should know that healing priests doesn't have any craftable items for them, they have a belt that is worse then the only rep reward with spirit. I see so many hunters decking themselves in rep and craftable items while healing priests don't have more then 1 epic item that has spirit as a secondary stat before raid/ Valor gear

Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    This is an only hunter forum!! is not ??
    Here we only speak about hunter, go to your shaman forums.
    Also how do you think that we think that all the loot belong to hunters ?? we can't equip shields or plate armor.

I really hope they will update our crafted chestpiece + belt with a red gem socket.
    I think he was referring to the title of the thread. May I also add the lack off gemslot on rogue/feral crafted chest. Hunters, despite the threadname, is not being overlooked.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Survival Hunter the belt already has perfect stats, I see no reason to change them even if I wanted a second gem slot in it (one being belt buckle)

The point is AGI users would have 10-20more agi than before per crafted item because of the way the socketing works... why give everyone else that option and not AGI users? It doesn't matter if the current stats are good for a spec or not, it doesn't matter that you can reforge it or not... WE GOT RIPPED OFF while everyone else got a small buff.

I agree that the items are already good without a slot, but i think this is a bad idea. What worries me is they'll start doing things like "hunters are doing too much damage high end. Lets just not give them a gem slot in the tier 11 and higher shoulders......" You cant make reforging and gem's such a large part of the game, and then exclude a small selection of class's from the customization it offers.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    The point is AGI users would have 10-20more agi than before per crafted item because of the way the socketing works... why give everyone else that option and not AGI users? It doesn't matter if the current stats are good for a spec or not, it doesn't matter that you can reforge it or not... WE GOT RIPPED OFF while everyone else got a small buff.
    It's really not going to change your DPS -at all- in a raid situation. You will lose more dps than the stats difference on a fully optimal belt by just moving bad or fudging your rotation. The best hunters in the world fudge up sometimes and spent a few seconds too long in fox or whatever. It's not game breaking in any way or anything to worry about. Go get cho'gall's belt if you're that concerned :P

Whats all this RIPPED off angst about? our far bigger concern is getting surv buffed again and making sure mm isn't nerfed too hard.... and hoping those lovable bm hunters don't get shafted either.

You guys do realize they messed it up on Rogue and feral druid belts to right? And they said they are planning on fixing it. YOU AREN'T A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HUNTERS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it doesn't really matter, they would have just reduced the amount of Agi on the belt, and given it a socket with some lame socket bonus, where we would just slap another 40 agi in the socket anyways. We would gain nothing.