Unholy Mastery in Partial Percentages?

I was trying to reforge to increase my mastery last night and when adding more mastery the tooltip for mastery only increased when I had gotten enough mastery for it do increase my shadow dmg by another % it wouldn't show the dmg increase from all the mastery I added b4 getting the next %. So for example if I was at 29% shadow dmg from mastery, the tooltip would only increase when I added about 100 points of mastery which would get me to the next percent which was 30. What about if I i only added 50 mastery, does that mastery just get wasted until I hit the next % or does mastery increase in partial percentages in this case 29.5% or something that just don't show up on the tooltips?

Thanks

-Steelo

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be fine for me, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if there is a bug with it, but I have like 15.67% mastery at the moment. WTB moar mastery!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It seems to be fine for me, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if there is a bug with it, but I have like 15.67% mastery at the moment. WTB moar mastery!
    no the question I had was not with the percent of mastery it was with the shadow damage % we get from our mastery and if it gives us partial % shadow dmg or it only increases in 1% chunks
    Last edited by steelo; 2011-02-13 at 01:08 AM.

It's a tooltip shortcoming. All mastery bonuses suffer from it. It's merely the tooltip being wrong. The decimals do matter, but the tooltip will not update except on whole numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    It's a tooltip shortcoming. All mastery bonuses suffer from it. It's merely the tooltip being wrong. The decimals do matter, but the tooltip will not update except on whole numbers.
    ty so much for the clarification