Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you put a skilled person behind a well geared warlock right now ...they are almost impossible to kill in pvp ...warlocks are fine .

10+ Year Old Account
    I want more stones. I want them to be a bigger part of us. The spellstone was a neat idea, I was sad when it went away.
    I want a second hearthstone. Not use our hearthstones a second time: I want two homes. I don't think that's too much considering mages can tele everywhere. I wantto be able to give it to people to use too, just like a conjured item.
    I want to use my soulburn more. Our new Soulstone resource isn't really a resource as much as it is a small bursty damage amount.
    I want soulstone to be a combat Rez, dammit. It's time. Can't start with the philosophy that no classes are going to be unique and let only one class be able to target combat Rez.

Warlocks are. Awkward. I wish we had a good solid design motiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    If you put a skilled person behind a well geared warlock right now ...they are almost impossible to kill in pvp ...warlocks are fine .
    This is not a qq post, please leave the lock forums too.
    Any good warlock can tell you that warlocks are one of the worst pvp class right now.

lul. if only having more super epix dope gearz made it so you could get off 2 casts while being trained. warlock pvp is still probably the most fun I have out of my priest or mage. right up until you get a unholy dk, warrior, or rogue sitting on your ass. then it becomes a S#$%#$%#$%#$%. problems? why these three classes? they each have 50%+ slow, 2 or more interupt/silences on top of various immunities. these classes have several ways to close the gap while the aff warlock has only one ability (that doesn't require a cast time) to create distance, and even that is situational as hell. and while you're on the move, trying your darndest to create space to get off a few casts, you are doing about as much damage as a level 70 and stopping to cast anywhere near a melee is just begging for an interrupt out of your shadow. What do I want? A design philosophy that sticks with each spec for more that a month or two into the expansion.

What I want most tho, is to make it through a cataclysm patch without some random nerf
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-02-17 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    To me, it's stupid that a player should have to use an ability that doesn't scale in some way with their mastery stat.
    Okay, well, umm... pretty sure half the classes, or more, wish to talk to you:
    Every Tank Spec (Bears might play the most with theirs, since it procs on any Crit. 2 are passive and 1 is tied exclusively to 1 skill)
    Disc Priests (DA yes, will benefit, but it's off Crits, not all heals)
    Feral Kitties (Only buffs Bleeds, not all dmg)
    Frost and Unholy DKs (Frost only buffs Frost dmg, not Blood Plague, Unholy only buffs Shadow dmg, not Frost Fever)
    BM Hunters (Only pet dmg, nothing for the Hunter)
    Fire Mages (Only on perodic fire damage, so much like Disc Priests, much of it is only from crits, not all fire spells)
    Frost Mages (Only applies vs Frozen targets, which is not constant)
    Ret Paladins (Yes, I know, it was just changed, but it only applies to THREE SKILLS, not ALL skills)
    Assassination Rogues (Only poison dmg, not one skill otherwise affected)
    Subtlety Rogues (Only finishers?!)
    Demonology (Pet dmg, and your Demon Form dmg.... so that is up alot!)
    Fury Warriors (Not all skills cause you, or require you, to be enraged)

So, by your definition, all these listed specs are broken, and Mastery sucks....

Seriously, cry a river. Be thankful that the Masteries both Affliction and Destruction have are NEARLY all-encompassing to their DPS roles. This is not a perfect world.

To bring this thread back to topic:
    My biggest wish is that they turn demo into a fully-fledged tanking tree. In a permanent Metamorphosis obviously.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Perma meta, fix affliction for pve, make destro more than a sub par fire mage.

Deleted
    Biggest wish: Fel Fire effect for all destru spells. Purely cosmetic change but it's something I'd love.

that locks wouldn't life tap themselves to death in lfd groups. because wasting the healers mana and making them drink is way better than just taking a second to drink yourself.

and that I could make a draenei lock.

demonic flying mount.

I summon all manners of horrific demons to do my bidding, why can't i summons some crazy ass flying demon.

Or damn, just give demonology some other CD that increases your damage, so all warlocks can use demon form to fly instead of a mount. IT HAS WINGS DAMNIT WHY DOESN'T IT FLY

Interrupt would be nice. I actually had a HSFK run where no one interrupted any of Ashbury's abilities. Even after blizz removed one of them.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Fear that doesn't break due to damage, like old school. You know what, give it reduced timer and a cooldown, as long as it doesn't break the instant i use it i will be estatically happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want us to look more sinister, my lock now looks more than a belly dancer than an evil lock, an aura around us demonic would be fab or the spell casting aura more obvious to be seen, and ofcourse we need some nerf on imolation or afliction cause now mages do much more dps than us, perm meta would be more than fab !And maybe also be able to fly in this form as druids do !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, not wanting to hijack PvP threads by turning it into PvE and overall stuffz, so i will give some PvP stuff as well.
    - Increase range of Demonic Portal. And increase the benefit from the soulburn on it as well. I hate that when I stand in my portal I can be feared so far away that I can't immediately return. Annoying.
    - Give us something instead of Drain Mana. I just started PvPing for real this season, and finally got the hang of it, one of the only ways to counter healers that were way too good healers but didn't have unlimited mana supply. (worked on everything except druid, when i finally got those oom, they still did loads of heals) They didn't remove Drain Mana as a whole either, so why remove this fun thing we had. Won't complain if they just had nerfed it to uselessness, at least it scares the healers off.
    - Warlock flying mount. You know you want it =D.
    - Make Voidwalker more usefull. It does less singletarget threat than any tank doing nothing, including my demon soul cooldown with me spamming high agro abilities. Reason why Demo leveling got so popular? Cuz the other pet for leveling is BAD.
    - Make Felguard highest DPS for Demonology, Imp highest DPS for Destro, and maybe felpup for Affdrain? Just make my friggin' felguard do more damage on bosses like Chimaeron than Succubus, cuz I'm not changing it out. (Bosses like Atramedes, ofc i will switch to Succubus).

And lastly an overall wish: Stop imbalancing specs in either PvP or PvE because something is a bit OP in the other. (Yes nerfs because stuff is OP in PvE also affect me in PvP. When I do some PvP for fun in Demo, melee just keeps hugging me without any cooldowns, when i have immo aura on. Nerfedintothegroundmuch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larini View Post
    that locks wouldn't life tap themselves to death in lfd groups. because wasting the healers mana and making them drink is way better than just taking a second to drink yourself.
    A lock usually Life Taps after a fight and then uses Demon Armor + Soul Harvest after that, refunding more than 50% of its health. Why would we even want to drink if this is a lot faster?
    ----------

- Demonic Frenzy back
    - As already stated: Impending Doom procs from Soulfire. That would be awesome, since we rarely use Shadowbolt in the last 25%, therefore missing a lot of Meta-uptime.
    - More demons to summon, or just different designs. And I want a Doomwhisperer.
    - More Demons in Cataclysm...Just 4 demons in the entire expansion is just stupid. 3 of those are in one area, and one in an instance...
    Last edited by mmocc4309604a4; 2011-02-17 at 11:33 AM.

i want the demon portal that the casters in stonecore got imp army ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    I could post them but most of my wishes for the class are in my wishlist as it is. It's a good class that needs refinement rather than overhaul.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccolii View Post
    I'm pretty sure Warlock are top tier... and nowhere near the worst. Actually probably the best caster at the moment.
    Fmage>shadowpriest>warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Must be a frostmage QQing that affly can beat him.

My wish: warlocks being revamped. Just everything redone but this time, properly.
    Its no fun playing a broken class that sucks balls in 1v1 and 2v2 arena, only has 1 real viable comp in 3v3 and for the rest gotta do 5v5...
    Every class can beat u with ease with hardly any skills. Either just nuke, control us or just live forever disc priest style.

Fmage>shadowpriest>warlock.
    This is not true.
    Currently it is: Frost mage > shadowpriest > fire mage > boomkin > affly > elemental > demo > destro.
    Affliction is only slighly better then elemental right now, and this only in 5v5 and 3v3. elemental > affly in 2v2.
    frost mage being first is obv, so is shadow.
    fire having good damage and still a lot of control. Boomy has pretty high survability against melee and high burst. Elemental also has good burst and higher survability from magic. With toptier being filled with melee and healers: Boomy > ele.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2011-02-17 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    To bring this thread back to topic:
    My biggest wish is that they turn demo into a fully-fledged tanking tree. In a permanent Metamorphosis obviously.
    agree, its something I want for a while.
    Another I would like is that your health is tied to your pets. Your job is to heal your pet to keep yourself alive as well as try & do a little DPS.
    Would be a fun & a different kind of DPS in a part melee/part ranged.

I would also like some sort of swap with pet spell for an extra defence - ie you trade places with your pet

Not really a PvP wish but I wish they would give us some better glyph choices. Affliction in particular only really gets 1 good glyph.