Question Can't remove my old graphics card.

Dear Mmo-champion,
    I just got a new graphics card but when I wanted to remove my old one I couldn't dues to one thing, a tiny wire. I've been told that it's power provider, I'm not sure. So anyways I'll post a photo of it and hope that the community will be able to help me.
    http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8850/20110213134904.jpg] (sorry for the bad quality)

Best regards // Muffpuff
    Last edited by muffpuff; 2011-02-13 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    After 6 years, we've finally collected enough of their scales to have a full set of Murloc scaled armor.

Wow! That's a poor picture.
    Anyway, just unhook the wires to it and remove it?

Hard to see, likely just a power connecter.
    Just unplug it?

Where's the other end of that wire going? That is not any kind of standar power cable for the graphics card for sure, looks more like fan connector or audio passthrough connector.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

unless your old gfx card was part of your mb, which i doubt....whoever was making your comp had to put it in, together with the extra power cable. so same way you should be able to unplug it and put the new gfx.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp View Post
    Wow! That's a poor picture.
    Anyway, just unhook the wires to it and remove it?
    Yes it it, didn't use a good camera. Well, that's the thing, feels like it's impossible to remove. I can take the graphics card away from the motherboard but then when I'm going to remove this I simply can't, I've tried lots of things :c

The wire is going in to the motherboard.
    After 6 years, we've finally collected enough of their scales to have a full set of Murloc scaled armor.

That looks like an old school cd-rom/dvd-rom/sound cable that some graphics cards have. Does it end up at a CD/DVD drive or the sound card?

Theyre often stuck in quite well and take some force to remove - If the card comes off the motherboard then that should come off the card.

Quote Originally Posted by muffpuff View Post
    Yes it it, didn't use a good camera. Well, that's the thing, feels like it's impossible to remove. I can take the graphics card away from the motherboard but then when I'm going to remove this I simply can't, I've tried lots of things :c

The wire is going in to the motherboard.
    Does the port on the motherboard have anything to describe it? It is a small 4-pin port?

99% sure it's audio passthrough cable. If it's small white 4 pin connector, you can just pull it out from the motherboard and ignore the cable with your new video card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Now I noticed that it doesn't lead in to the motherboard. Got a picture of it.
    =http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2204/20110213144004.jpg] (again sorry for the bad quality) It's ofc the black cable.

Thanks for all your answers!

Probably audio passthrough as people already said. A bit curious though, why did you even bother upgrading such an old computer? Better to save your money and buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by pervox View Post
    Probably audio passthrough as people already said. A bit curious though, why did you even bother upgrading such an old computer? Better to save your money and buy a new one.
    I got the pc in april 2008 so it's not really that old, just not the greatest of all back then, the graphics card is really bad from what I've heard.
    Last edited by muffpuff; 2011-02-13 at 01:50 PM.

The wire is removable. Any wire from a device to the motherboard will be. On one side of the connector is something like a tab that locks it into place. You will need to press on this while trying to remove it. It might feel tight, but it will come off.